Seravalli: Flyers willing to package 7, 22 + to get into the top 5 and draft Michkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Reoirts are now Leonard is more likely at 7 to flyers and u can close this thread. NO Tk no Hart.
wah wah

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
If Philly trades 7 and 22 then Habs need to add pick 31 in addition to pick 5 for it to be equal value, which they just traded away. What other 2nds do they have now?
There's no equal value in a trade like this if you want pick #5 you need to overpay a lot to get it do you get it.

Reactions: pth2 and um

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
There's no equal value in a trade like this if you want pick #5 you need to overpay a lot to get it do you get it.
There’s modes that give values to picks and that’s what an equal trade is. Agree with what you said though

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Flyers next star of league should be there at 5. He's yours for 7+22+Hart?

....No

You're making this up. Top 5 picks are basically never traded - so there's no benchmark to really compare to.

NHL teams either take who they want in that range, or don't. Not like the NFL where it is frequent.

Also, the whole reason why Michkov should even be available is because teams don't think he's a guarantee to even come over from Russia. He's super talented, but also super risky. You're not getting huge compensation for 2 spots just because the (possible) intended target is super talented.

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
It's so confusing to me to hear teams want to move up to grab Michkov but the Habs want to move down because they don't want him.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
....No

You're making this up. Top 5 picks are basically never traded - so there's no benchmark to really compare to.

NHL teams either take who they want in that range, or don't. Not like the NFL where it is frequent.

Also, the whole reason why Michkov should even be available is because teams don't think he's a guarantee to even come over from Russia. He's super talented, but also super risky. You're not getting huge compensation for 2 spots just because the (possible) intended target is super talented.
Don't worry Mitchkov will be a Hab if he's still there at #5

Reactions: JRichard

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
It's so confusing to me to hear teams want to move up to grab Michkov but the Habs want to move down because they don't want him.
Pretty sure majority wants him.
its just dreaming of huge return. Did the same all winter with PLD, the top 10 Fla pick and top 3 own pick.
Imagine all that vs winding up the night with Newhook and Leonard. And no goalie at 37th.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Friedman says he thinks Philly has set up a bunch of smokescreen. People seem convinced they'll take Michkov, or Leonard.

He says Washington might he convinced and might try to move up

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Friedman says he thinks Philly has set up a bunch of smokescreen. People seem convinced they'll take Michkov, or Leonard.

He says Washington might he convinced and might try to move up
I think MTL is the wild card tonight but Philly has the assets but Washington doesn't

Very interesting night ahead

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
The surprise is that the Flyers will trade up to #5 to draft David Reinbacher! Or Clarke tells Briere to trade the #1 pick for the rights to Milan Lucic because Flyers hockey!

I can't bring myself to see this team do something right until I actually see it. I interpret every Flyers move from the perspective of "What would Fletcher do?" or "What would Clarke do?"

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The surprise is that the Flyers will trade up to #5 to draft David Reinbacher! Or Clarke tells Briere to trade the #1 pick for the rights to Milan Lucic because Flyers hockey!

I can't bring myself to see this team do something right until I actually see it. I interpret every Flyers move from the perspective of "What would Fletcher do?" or "What would Clarke do?"
Now...it's what Torts wants. Provy, Hayes, Ada, Sanhrim...all guys Torts dislikes.

Meanwhile, they reportedly turn down a 1st+2nd for Laughton who Torts loves.

This new era is just like rest....organization is rotten to the core.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Obviously if Montreal uses Phily against Washington, Phily will use Leonard potential selection against them by spreadinf rumors about Leonard at 7... The game is on for everybody

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Obviously if Montreal uses Phily against Washington, Phily will use Leonard potential selection against them by spreadinf rumors about Leonard at 7... The game is on for everybody
I'd bet though that Montreal is comfortable with Leonard, Reinbacher and Dvorsky.

More then anything our front office is clamped tight, no one knows what there doing this time of year.

Last year everyone thought we we're taking Wright because we needed a center, we then drafted Slaf and traded for Dach, slaf leaked 20 minutes before the pick and Dach didn't leak at all.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I'd bet though that Montreal is comfortable with Leonard, Reinbacher and Dvorsky.

More then anything our front office is clamped tight, no one knows what there doing this time of year.

Last year everyone thought we we're taking Wright because we needed a center, we then drafted Slaf and traded for Dach, slaf leaked 20 minutes before the pick and Dach didn't leak at all.

Agree but everything goes on Leonard direction since a week for Montreal. Its legit to Philu to claim that th'ell get him at 7 if a move down is made with Washington. That would be pitch too. Im pretty sure that Hughes would highly consider a move down and have the guy they realy want rather than being satisfy with Reinbacher or Dvorsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad