Seravalli: Flyers willing to package 7, 22 + to get into the top 5 and draft Michkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
are you lowering you ask? It was 7, Gauthier AND 22 yesterday.
My ask?
I have no specific ask. I can't tell if Foerster or Gauthier is worth more, dor example. Nor can I read Hughes' mind.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Conversely, he might well not pan out like Yakupov or Brendl...
And Bedard could pan out like Daigle. But that has a 0.000000007% realistic chance of happening. Michkov is a machine, a player who can change the fortunes of an organization. And an added bonus is that he's not coming over for a few years, so whichever team drafts him could likely stink for another 2-3 years so they can draft other high-end prospects before he arrives. Picture being a team who is icing Celebrini and Michkov in 3 years lol.

Reactions: Devonator

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
And Bedard could pan out like Daigle. But that has a 0.000000007% realistic chance of happening. Michkov is a machine, a player who can change the fortunes of an organization. And an added bonus is that he's not coming over for a few years, so whichever team drafts him could likely stink for another 2-3 years so they can draft other high-end prospects before he arrives. Picture being a team who is icing Celebrini and Michkov in 3 years lol.
Ok, I can tell you're being totally objective here...🙄🙄🙄

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
As a fan, I'd love to get Michkov. If I were a GM, do I really have the time to wait 3-4 years for him to make an impact? A guy like Hughes will be coming up on 5 years on the job by the time he comes over. Will be interesting to see what happens, but I don't think most GMs will do what's best for the team in 5 years, they want results now. Trading a massive package for a player who won't play for 3 years doesn't seem to be most NHL GM's M.O, but we'll see.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
As a fan, I'd love to get Michkov. If I were a GM, do I really have the time to wait 3-4 years for him to make an impact? A guy like Hughes will be coming up on 5 years on the job by the time he comes over. Will be interesting to see what happens, but I don't think most GMs will do what's best for the team in 5 years, they want results now. Trading a massive package for a player who won't play for 3 years doesn't seem to be most NHL GM's M.O, but we'll see.
No matter who you pick at 5 it's gonna take 2-3 yrs to make the lineup.
Michkov is gonna take 3 yrs and steps in and i 'd say he will make an immediate impact when he steps on the ice at the age of 21

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
No matter who you pick at 5 it's gonna take 2-3 yrs to make the lineup.
Michkov is gonna take 3 yrs and steps in and i 'd say he will make an immediate impact when he steps on the ice at the age of 21
Correct. Michkov will arrive like Kaprizov but younger and maybe better.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I mean for the Flyers it's actually the plan to not do jackshit for 3 years so it makes a lot of sense.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I mean for the Flyers it's actually the plan to not do jackshit for 3 years so it makes a lot of sense.
It should be the plan for the Flyers. But with Torts pushing them and threatening them with bodily harm, they'll win an extra 7 games they shouldn't and draft outside the Top-3 again lol.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
My ask?
I have no specific ask. I can't tell if Foerster or Gauthier is worth more, dor example. Nor can I read Hughes' mind.
Gauthier is worth more, pretty obvious. 5th oa followed by a huge year especially the worlds on same team as farell and Hutson.
Pretty much an untouchable.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Highly unlikely he trades #5 unless somehow the Arizona's pick at No 6 is part of the mix so he can get Leonard, imo. I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona is getting few calls as well.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Highly unlikely he trades #5 unless somehow the Arizona's pick at No 6 is part of the mix so he can get Leonard, imo. I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona is getting few calls as well.
Other than both teams aiming for D, this is right on. Habs weren't going to trade down and risk losing their guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad