Friedman: Flyers willing to discuss almost anyone but Joel Farabee

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Would love Laughton as 3C for Canucks

Could something along the lines of

Laughton for Schmidt be of fair value?

Probably a small add from one of the teams to even it out but that would be the foundation.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Laughton just signed an extension and Fletcher said he was going to protect him in the ED. Sorry boys but he isn’t getting traded.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Go for a ridiculous trade

Draisaitl, Nurse and Broberg

for

Couturier, Patrick, Provorov and Konecny

f*** it, i dunno thats probably not a good trade but i didnt put any thought into it haha.

Oilers would trade Mcdavid before they traded Driasaittl. At least Dre shows up in the playoffs and knows how to adjust his style for playoff hockey.

Reactions: DarthProbert

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
What about RFA rights to Patrick and Braun? (also if Philly mentioned only Farabee and Hart are off the table and the team wanted to make moves, it might be easier to move someone like Laughton than a bigger ticket like Hayes or van Riemsdyk).

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Go for a ridiculous trade

Draisaitl, Nurse and Broberg

for

Couturier, Patrick, Provorov and Konecny

f*** it, i dunno thats probably not a good trade but i didnt put any thought into it haha.

I'm pretty sure that at least 1 current NHL GM has basically said that verbatim in regards to a real trade he made.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Add the 2022 7th for your attempt at humor. This is serious business.
search

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What about RFA rights to Patrick and Braun? (also if Philly mentioned only Farabee and Hart are off the table and the team wanted to make moves, it might be easier to move someone like Laughton than a bigger ticket like Hayes or van Riemsdyk).
Most Flyers fans are 100% fine trading Laughton. Mgt JUST signing him to a 5 year deal very likely means they are keepng him....at least for a year.

Laughton is the "fallback" at #3C if Patrick or Frost don't grab the spot. He can also play LW in the top 9 if Lindblom struggles. He is that swiss army knife and AV and Fletch love him.

Fans...we would be fine trading him for like Schmidt. But Mgt won't.

Patrick...see his thread. We have no reason to move him since his upside and cap hit(will be less than 1 million) outweighs his return by quite a margin.

Braun has 1 year left on his deal. Mgt wants to "add" a RHD so I don't see them moving him unless they somehow add 2 other RHD.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Laughton is the "fallback" at #3C if Patrick or Frost don't grab the spot. He can also play LW in the top 9 if Lindblom struggles. He is that swiss army knife and AV and Fletch love him.

Fans...we would be fine trading him for like Schmidt. But Mgt won't.

Patrick...see his thread. We have no reason to move him since his upside and cap hit(will be less than 1 million) outweighs his return by quite a margin.

Braun has 1 year left on his deal. Mgt wants to "add" a RHD so I don't see them moving him unless they somehow add 2 other RHD.

Good to know, seems like JB might not be available. So what would management actually want for Laughton?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The analytics group of Flyers fans on our board, will tell you that Provy is overrated and that Sanheim has actually been the better Dman. And Ghost has been most years as well including this one. They also want the Flyers to stay VERY clear of Jones too.

So it all depends who you talk to. To them, dumping Provy on someone like you might be ideal if the return was right.

I mean, if there's some way for Jim Benning up to get "taken for a ride" on the analytics, while acquiring Ivan Provorov...i would very much like to sign him up for that. And you know he'd be plenty comfortable getting washed on the analytics side, if it meant adding a piece like that.

I don't see how it'd work though. Pettersson is off the table obviously. Beyond that, Hughes is this regimes "pet pick" keeping them employed. So in theory, probably off the table as well. Horvat might be too difficult to replace (filling one hole by creating a bigger one)...though for a player of Provorov's caliber, worth thinking about. Other than that...absolutely anything goes. But that doesn't really leave much of anything that seems like it'd get a Provorov deal done. :dunno: Though i'd love to learn otherwise.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad