Rumor: Flyers waived Ghost to clear cap for major deal

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Will be something big and sounds like we are all in.

Ristolainen+Hall
Dumba+Foligno
Manson+Rakell
Ekholm/Ellis+Arvidson
Savard+Laine

We will pay with 3 players+picks and go 4+4 to ED
I'm more than happy to see that moved. What would Philly want to move out for that?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Will be something big and sounds like we are all in.

Ristolainen+Hall
Dumba+Foligno
Manson+Rakell
Ekholm/Ellis+Arvidson
Savard+Laine

We will pay with 3 players+picks and go 4+4 to ED
If Flyers trade for a top line line rental or a d man they can't keep in ed fire Fletch on the spot.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
To PHI:
Eichel
Ristolainen
Ullmark

To BUF:
Konecny
Patrick
Frost
JVR
2021 1st
2022 1st

Deal?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Had a hip and core surgery, then had a couple knee surgeries. Just been one injury after another for the guy. In between all those injuries Provorov took over the #1 PP duties so his greatest assets was diminished.

Provorov disnt take over #1 PP, he was gifted the time there. Provorov is absolutely abysmal on the PP (despite his goal totals). Dude has 0 offensive vision or creativity.

He's probably the 3rd ( at best) offensively creative d man on the team currently ( at least, until noon).

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
What are you smoking?

I’m pretty sure it’s a stab at Philly since Zib popped 11 points in 2 games against them. So they’d either want to get him so he can’t play against him, or improve their goaltending.

Reactions: ETTER DE

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If Ghost clears waivers, does his cap hit come off the Flyers?
No, they can get partial salary by sending him to minors but not whole 4.5m.

Most likely is game day is on the roster and off days he gets sent down to create minimal cap room.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I actually am surprised he cleared. Makes Fletch look like less of an idiot I suppose he wasn't given away for free.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
I don’t see a team “making a huge move” by attempting to clear cap space by waiving a player. If he clears they’re back to square one. It would be more reasonable to try and get a team to take him via trade for guaranteed cap relief. Unless that’s the next step if he does clear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad