Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade Jakub Voracek To Columbus For Cam Atkinson

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Happy with this one, especially considering the rates that it’s taking to dump big contracts.

Reactions: JXC

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek is the better player, Atkinson the better fit.
You can play Atkinson with Hayes or Frost or on the 1st line, and he can play LW if needed.
He's also a top PK and better defensively than Jake.
So it's much easier to move him around the lineup as the kiddie wings emerge.

And you save $2.4M without giving up assets.

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
Ryan Ellis trade was a bit of a shock but I could live with it. Ristolainen was just stupid but WHAT THE f*** IS THIS??

Reactions: Adtar02

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
No retention or pick. Good player coming back. Less offensive than Jake. But a bump in play without the puck that should be a plus.

Reactions: Rebels57

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Not sure what to think of the roster makeover.

One thing's for sure - Chuck got rid of all the whiners. Ghost, Patrick, and Jake. Rightly or wrongly, the pattern is clear.

The team blew chunks last year. Maybe they'll still blow chunks. I'll miss Ghost and Jake. Won't miss Patrick.

I appreciate trying to change the team - I just don't like the aggregate price paid to make these moves, and I don't like the players Fletch targeted. He is not an astute negotiator, and that's being extremely generous.

Maybe I'll feel differently in September - but right now, any excitement I had for the new season is gone.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think Jake is certainly better than Cam at this point (wanna see a numbers dip, boyyyy check out Atkinson's) and it's only a 2.35 mill savings - so good, but 650K off so I have to note it for the sake of this discussion.

It's a win for me only because:
1) Jake asked for a trade, so it seems he had to go regardless
2) I expected Fletch to pay Columbus more than Jake
3) There's a chance this guy could bounce back and find some scoring stroke again with a Giroux.

I just hate trading the best player in the deal with nothing in return other than cap savings. We take on the extra contract year as well. Cam seems to be a well liked guy and has some leadership ability, but...RAWR

Good points. Im not a big Jake fan and his defensive play last season was bad enough to negate his offensive production. That combined with the trade request and the core needing a shakeup after a decade, i'm really fine with this trade. Im sure others wont be but whatever. Ill join them in flaming the Risto trade.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I told deadhead to quit assuming Allison would automatically be in the top 6 as a rookie.

G-C-Konecny
Farabee-Hayes-Atkinson
JVR-Laughton-Allison
Lindblom—Frost/Laczynski-NAK
I prefer:

G-C-TK
JVR Hayes Atkinson
Lindblom Frost Farabee
Laughton Laczynski Allison
NAK

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Jake's been my favorite player on the team for a while. Sad to see him go. But I do also really like Atkinson as a player, and I knew Jake was going based on everything that came out in the last couple months. I think this deal makes sense. It's a shame the last 2 have made none.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Voracek continues to be a perfect way to tell if someone understands hockey or not.

The people who dislike him and are fine with this don't have a clue.

The last three days have made us worse in every way. Glad you guys got your bias for action wish.
The only positive is no more Hagg but they paid WAY too much for it.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
VOracek was the most entertaning Flyer for me to watch in the last decade.
But i dont hate this trade.
If Atkinson brings a slight improvement defensively then we are on the right track to fixing the biggest flaw of this team. Now we can maybe put these extra bucks to use by getting a decent back up and 3C

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad