Flyers Town Hall - 2/17/20

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Variable pricing didn’t seem to be the hit in the crowd that he thought it would be. I think I’m fine with it because the example he used is one of the ones I use.

expanding the ticket exchange is a huge plus, we can now get out of preseason games.

Shane tackling the secondary market I thought was helpful because he at least acknowledges the risk STH’s take on whereas the attitude before was basically ‘well, tickets are what they are’ not unlike when Holmgren said ‘what can you do?’ This is only the second one I’ve been to but the guy was far more engaging than Tilger was, he had a full presentation, and didn’t have a second person to cover for him.

Fletcher also said he thinks they will get Allison and Laczynski to sign. The latter being a senior is UFA, but he has been in contact and was out there to meet them.

It sounded like he did not want to buy out Schlemko but the cap number came out late and $500k less than they kept being told, so he felt he needed the space. Seems they think they’ll get enough from guys on ELC’s to cover the dead money.

Also, there is a overage college free agent goaltender they’re looking to sign. Just kind of offered up that info while talking about Hart.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Variable pricing didn’t seem to be the hit in the crowd that he thought it would be. I think I’m fine with it because the example he used is one of the ones I use.

expanding the ticket exchange is a huge plus, we can now get out of preseason games.

Shane tackling the secondary market I thought was helpful because he at least acknowledges the risk STH’s take on whereas the attitude before was basically ‘well, tickets are what they are’ not unlike when Holmgren said ‘what can you do?’ This is only the second one I’ve been to but the guy was far more engaging than Tilger was, he had a full presentation, and didn’t have a second person to cover for him.

Fletcher also said he thinks they will get Allison and Laczynski to sign. The latter being a senior is UFA, but he has been in contact and was out there to meet them.

It sounded like he did not want to buy out Schlemko but the cap number came out late and $500k less than they kept being told, so he felt he needed the space. Seems they think they’ll get enough from guys on ELC’s to cover the dead money.

Also, there is a overage college free agent goaltender they’re looking to sign. Just kind of offered up that info while talking about Hart.

The variable pricing does nothing for me, personally. I understand why the Flyers do it as a business and it's a genius move though. I would just prefer that the Flyers allowed us to price our tickets with them just having the flat prices of old. It seemed like the people that were most upset about it were the people that split up tickets with their friends/family and they can only sell a Coyotes game for $50 instead of the old full price of $100.

A lot of the changes, like Shane said, were just tweaking ideas that they already introduced this year and i'm perfectly happy with that. The Edge card being gone is great and the being able to switch to all games is a pretty good feature too. I am in a rough spot with exchanging tickets personally because well i'm taking a loss no matter what if I try and exchange games since every seat is cheaper in the stadium then mine but I did talk to my rep this year and he said that I could get the money value in Club Box seats/other seats even if it isn't a 2 for 2 switch, which is nice.

I thought he did a pretty good job with the whole thing including not reacting to some of the crazier questions.

My personal favorite was the comment about the disassembly room going against family values.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He must have known he needed the 2nd rounder for Brauny.

Allison is also UFA on 8/15, just to be clear.

Reactions: TheKingPin

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Just remembered the guy that went on a rant about not having a rage room because it doesn’t represent “family values.” I almost spit out my coke....

Good lord some people at these things are so ridiculous. If it doesn’t represent your family’s values, then don’t freaking go.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

Thanks guys.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

Thanks guys.

It works fine. 45:17 in length. Thanks again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad