Flyers Town Hall - 2/17/20

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
"What improvements does Morgan Frost need to make to stick with the big club and is there someone in Lehigh Valley helping him with those improvements?"

"How will you approach Seattle expansion? Are you open to making a deal to protect a specific player?"

"Have you given any thought into who will be Carter Harts next backup? Elliott is performing below league average for backups."

"Do you plan on re-signing Pitlick and/or Braun?"

"Ticket prices were raised last summer and attendance is down for the 2nd straight year. Thats all. No question."

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Pointless asking about anything like the PP. You are just going to get a canned response.

I would ask the following

1. As the Phantoms look destined to miss the playoff again, while dressing one of the higher cap hit teams in the league, is anything going to be done to adress the coaching situation, which has looked evident to be the cause of the issues.

1b. If not, what are your thoughts on the phantoms implementing the same style and system as the flyers in order to prepare callups better?

2. Is it concerning that we have 2 highly touted goaltender prospects currently in the ECHL and not the AHL.

I'm more concerned than one of them is having an awful season in the ECHL, and he's 23 years old.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
You clearly have an entrenched opinion about this. If they were to do a in depth investigation through the lenses of their entrenched opinion and decided that the racial issue made it too much of a issue to put her statue back up. Would you accept this? Would your opinions be so out of line with theirs that you would never be okay with the likely inevitable results? What would be the possible upside to you of an investigation?

At this point there is unlikely to be any amount of direct evidence that will cause them to shed their lenses and go back to the previous status quo. Your lenses dictates that there is enough evidence and that they should. Neither is empirically right or wrong. But you are on the losing side because you are on the side lacking decision making power. You can choose to accept this or not, but in the end it is futilely used energy.

I would like to hear if they found any facts leading ss to what the truth is... was it a parody that actually was Antisegragation and she actually did promote minorities advancing in the Business... meaning their initial kneejerk action was a rush to judgement that was unfair... oh ot did what they found back up their removing the Statue and casting aside the Tradition?... Also, why they won't merely sell ths Statue.

So what you're basically saying is that I and others should just turn a blind eye and ignore this... if we feel there may have been an injustice?

Asking for the results of an investigation that the Flyers promised to do isn’t a well thought out thought or opinion? Asking why they won’t just sell the statue to a town that has said that they wanted the statue isn’t a well thought out thought?

I couldn’t care less about the matter but it’s a chance to ask the question and bring something up that the organization has tried to hide from and hope that it just disappears.

There is a hell of a lot more thought process behind that question than 90% of the drivel I’ll hear tonight. Shootout questions included.

Again, I don’t care about the matter in the slightest. It doesn’t effect my life one way or the other. I also laugh hysterically every time when Carchidi tries to say that that’s the reason for low attendance.

Thank you for this, HC... much appreciated.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
X6QmBVLHurdCYNRM6y6OtugszZr8kdji2Jkz33k5X-8.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What about what the difference between a prospect and... damnit I forget what that question was.
When they did this 2 years ago and the first, like, 5 questions (seemed like 50) were about shootouts, while people on here were getting pretty pissed off, I was in a section of people outwardly groaning. One guy was reading off stats to Hakstol. Like congrats dude, you’re sucking up to the guy that was long past his expiration date.

Reactions: Amorgus

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
When they did this 2 years ago and the first, like, 5 questions (seemed like 50) were about shootouts, while people on here were getting pretty pissed off, I was in a section of people outwardly groaning. One guy was reading off stats to Hakstol. Like congrats dude, you’re sucking up to the guy that was long past his expiration date.

Oh I know, lol.

I just remember someone asked something along the lines of "what is the difference between a prospect and a rookie" but I don't think it was a rookie.

Reactions: Deadpool8812

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Its amazing how many "fans" just repeat the same narratives. Theyre actually good at shootouts this year...what could he possibly ask??

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So...

I really honestly only had two takeaways from the entire thing.

1) Fletcher was asked about the Gudas/Niskanen trade in some capacity and retention. Fletcher's response was that the Capitals didn't want to trade him within the division and the options were adding a 2nd round pick, a "top 4" prospect, or retaining a million. He said it was an easy choice.

2) The topic of Morgan Frost came up, Fletcher said that AV bothers him pretty much every day asking "when are we going to bring this kid up?" along with Therien. Fletcher says that he just responds to please just let him develop.

These are paraphrased but that was the gist of the two worthwhile responses that caught my ear. I recorded all of Fletcher's back and forth and most of Shane's. I'll check and see how the quality is and find a way to post it if I can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad