Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Select a seat emails should have been received. I got mine the other day.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
First time it went there, marked it not spam, so I should be fine. Not that it matters, I am not moving seats anyway. I went through it the last 2 years, but there are only a handful of places I would move for. I have been in the same row since the stadium openned.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I signed up for Select A Seat. I don’t know if I will actually switch but I will make them sweat a little at least by thinking about switching to cheaper seats and just washing my hands of this shit franchise.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Would anyone be down to buy a ticket with me (Devils fan) for the final game on Monday? I cant find anyone to go and cant afford 2 tickets just for me to go by myself. We can literally get the cheapest tickets too. I just want to catch a game in Philly for my first time at the Wells Fargo Center.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
You would be disappointed by the experience and lack of energy in the building. I am sure if you walk up to the ticket booth before the game, they will sell you one, if you really really want to go.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@CanadianFlyer88 @Beef Invictus

You guys will be happy to know that tonight I started the process of switching my seats to something much cheaper. While this idiot is still giving the Flyers money it’s 75% less money then they were going to get!

I spoke with my wallet.

They put the new seats on my account for a week to hold them and they wanted to see what they can do for me to get me to keep the old ones (different payment plan, partners, etc) during that week. I told them I’d listen because I might as well. Now I wait to hear their sales pitch.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@CanadianFlyer88 @Beef Invictus

You guys will be happy to know that tonight I started the process of switching my seats to something much cheaper. While this idiot is still giving the Flyers money it’s 75% less money then they were going to get!

I spoke with my wallet.

They put the new seats on my account for a week to hold them and they wanted to see what they can do for me to get me to keep the old ones (different payment plan, partners, etc) during that week. I told them I’d listen because I might as well. Now I wait to hear their sales pitch.
tenor.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Probably.
Highly interested in what their pitch is. If it were me I’d be up front and tell them that the team simply isn’t good enough and a lot of the people you go with aren’t that interested and aren’t privy enough to the league that what happens in the off-season means anything.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Highly interested in what their pitch is. If it were me I’d be up front and tell them that the team simply isn’t good enough and a lot of the people you go with aren’t that interested and aren’t privy enough to the league that what happens in the off-season means anything.
Oh, I was pretty up front about it all. It’s more than just the Flyers not being a shit product at this point. I planted the seed a couple weeks back when I mentioned I might need to make a switch because we might lose a major customer at work. It’s just not financially viable in the world we’re in now.

He mentioned last night about pushing payments closer to the season so that I can sell to recover money as time goes on because I mentioned how paying so much money so far in advance with no hopes of recovering money through sales for months. He also mentioned partners.

I told him I’ll listen to what they have to say but I’m at 80% switching to these other seats.

My rep is more pushing the “they may not be available again if you give them up.” They didn’t have any available last night but if I gave them up I really wouldn’t care if they never became available again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh, I was pretty up front about it all. It’s more than just the Flyers not being a shit product at this point. I planted the seed a couple weeks back when I mentioned I might need to make a switch because we might lose a major customer at work. It’s just not financially viable in the world we’re in now.

He mentioned last night about pushing payments closer to the season so that I can sell to recover money as time goes on. He also mentioned partners.

I told him I’ll listen to what they have to say but I’m at 80% switching to these other seats.

My rep is more pushing the “they may not be available again if you give them up.” They didn’t have any available last night but if I gave them up I really wouldn’t care if they never became available again.
“They might not be available” is the same thing I heard when I only wanted to buy one game. They may not. Or they may be! What are you guys doing to prove me wrong, they’re running tons of ads during each game trying to sell them!

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
“They might not be available” is the same thing I heard when I only wanted to buy one game. They may not. Or they may be! What are you guys doing to prove me wrong, they’re running tons of ads during each game trying to sell them!
Well yeah, but there’s also a finite amount of ice row seats and supposedly none are available now but I also got them myself at one point so... they’ll probably become available again.

Like I said though, if I switched and they never did I wouldn’t care. No fear of FOMO here.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I have sat pretty much everywhere in the stadium. Those low row seats are unique, but you really see the game better from above. Then again, in the first few rows, you see the players eyes as they read the game.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I have sat pretty much everywhere in the stadium. Those low row seats are unique, but you really see the game better from above. Then again, in the first few rows, you see the players eyes as they read the game.
Best seats in the stadium are the rows right above the glass at center ice, IMO.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Best seats in the stadium are the rows right above the glass at center ice, IMO.

I had seats in like the 15th row in the corner where the Flyers shot twice. Seats were great, and I was out of the lot on 95 heading home less than 10 minutes after the game ended. I also really liked the mid-ice boxes all the way up top that they got rid of a couple of years ago.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Problem with anything low in the center is that you cannot see action in the corners on your side.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Final update: they didn’t really have a pitch. They offered some delayed payment plans but that was about it. Officially switched out today.

My rep did offer me closer seats today because they did a repricing structure. I believe down to row 15 or so now in the lower level is the same price. I turned them down. Time will tell if that was smart.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Final update: they didn’t really have a pitch. They offered some delayed payment plans but that was about it. Officially switched out today.

My rep did offer me closer seats today because they did a repricing structure. I believe down to row 15 or so now in the lower level is the same price. I turned them down. Time will tell if that was smart.

Another Restructuring?... But I'm a little confused... Is this one actually reducing the Prices? That seems so unlikely with them... but, then again, we're coming off another bad Season, and rough couple years in the country... and looking at another Flat Cap Season... but no playoffs usually means lost Revenue... What I'm getting from the lower Row at same cost tends to make me believe lower structuring is the plan.

... But didn't they promise next season was holding to the same pricing?... Or was that last season? I'm so confused about now.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Another Restructuring?... But I'm a little confused... Is this one actually reducing the Prices? That seems so unlikely with them... but, then again, we're coming off another bad Season, and rough couple years in the country... and looking at another Flat Cap Season... but no playoffs usually means lost Revenue... What I'm getting from the lower Row at same cost tends to make me believe lower structuring is the plan.

... But didn't they promise next season was holding to the same pricing?... Or was that last season? I'm so confused about now.

I really wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying. Was just trying to get through the phone call and make sure my seats were switched. It might have just been a "single game" price restructure or something like that but from what I understood I think there may be some cheaper seats maybe on the one side, but I don't know.

This season (21/22) is supposed to be the same as 2019/20.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I really wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying. Was just trying to get through the phone call and make sure my seats were switched. It might have just been a "single game" price restructure or something like that but from what I understood I think there may be some cheaper seats maybe on the one side, but I don't know.

This season (21/22) is supposed to be the same as 2019/20.

Okay, thanks... that's what I thought. I'll just sit tight and not expect any changes... until we get some, anyway.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

So... I talked to my rep again. It looks like they ACTUALLY made a price restructure in the Shoot 1x side in the lower level, at least. Last year and in previous years Rows 19+ were the cheapest price ($82). They apparently bumped that down to Row 15, which were previously $101.

I switched my ice row seats to seats in Section 118 Row 22 but actually just switched again to 120 Row 17 on the more towards the middle of the ends side.

Might as well take 5 rows closer at the same price point. Who knows what happens after this year whether they’ll go back to what it was before and I’ll be trapped but I’m obviously not tied to a specific seat location.

Reactions: Sawdalite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad