Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
So... I talked to my rep again. It looks like they ACTUALLY made a price restructure in the Shoot 1x side in the lower level, at least. Last year and in previous years Rows 19+ were the cheapest price ($82). They apparently bumped that down to Row 15, which were previously $101.

I switched my ice row seats to seats in Section 118 Row 22 but actually just switched again to 120 Row 17 on the more towards the middle of the ends side.

Might as well take 5 rows closer at the same price point. Who knows what happens after this year whether they’ll go back to what it was before and I’ll be trapped but I’m obviously not tied to a specific seat location.

Thanks... I can take Repricing on the downswing... hope it stays that way for a while at least. Good to hear you were able to relocate to something satisfactory to you. I'm pretty much locked into the best bang for the buck st this point; hope it stays that way.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks... I can take Repricing on the downswing... hope it stays that way for a while at least. Good to hear you were able to relocate to something satisfactory to you. I'm pretty much locked into the best bang for the buck st this point; hope it stays that way.

Best bang for my buck was my thinking with my original seat switch. I figured the lowest price point in the lower level on the aisle was something I could be happy with and I was. I also needed to honor my renewal commitment so if they shit the bed again I’ll just walk away.

Like I said, I wasn’t really paying attention to what my rep said last time but I sent a follow up email asking for clarification and we talked yesterday. My original thinking was that they were just doing a solid to STH’s in those sections and the following year it would go to the normal higher price. That wasn’t the case. There was an actual price restructure.

Last time they offered me seats on the outside side of my new section on the aisle but I didn’t like that angle as much. Yesterday they offered ones on the other side and I kinda jumped on it because it’s the same angle as my switched to seats just five rows closer and at the same price.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Best bang for my buck was my thinking with my original seat switch. I figured the lowest price point in the lower level on the aisle was something I could be happy with and I was. I also needed to honor my renewal commitment so if they shit the bed again I’ll just walk away.

Like I said, I wasn’t really paying attention to what my rep said last time but I sent a follow up email asking for clarification and we talked yesterday. My original thinking was that they were just doing a solid to STH’s in those sections and the following year it would go to the normal higher price. That wasn’t the case. There was an actual price restructure.

Last time they offered me seats on the outside side of my new section on the aisle but I didn’t like that angle as much. Yesterday they offered ones on the other side and I kinda jumped on it because it’s the same angle as my switched to seats just five rows closer and at the same price.

Good to hear that you were able to negotiate. We have learned that making our voices heard on our Seats does reap results... from as far back as when we moved to the Big House, we learned that complaining works. When we were assigned our new Seat Location based on Spectrum Location (after giving out all they political locations) we were assigned seats up where they later created the Family Section -- we would have had to eventually be moved anyway, it seems -- the Seats were awful. We have tremendous Tenure and we called them out on it... They moved us to the opposite side, and where they shoot twice, and much lower, off the Face off Dot. We have later even been able to move down a Row is search of better Seats. We are presently at the best location that doesn't greatly bump our cost to a level that we don't want to go: we basically maxed out to our optimum location... and we are very happy with our Seats, and no longer wanting to move more than a few Seats maybe closer to the Blue Line in our Section.

It certainly pays to make your feeling felt... and use any leverage you have. They want to keep their long-term STMs.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So... I talked to my rep again. It looks like they ACTUALLY made a price restructure in the Shoot 1x side in the lower level, at least. Last year and in previous years Rows 19+ were the cheapest price ($82). They apparently bumped that down to Row 15, which were previously $101.

I switched my ice row seats to seats in Section 118 Row 22 but actually just switched again to 120 Row 17 on the more towards the middle of the ends side.

Might as well take 5 rows closer at the same price point. Who knows what happens after this year whether they’ll go back to what it was before and I’ll be trapped but I’m obviously not tied to a specific seat location.
My parents had season tickets in sec. 121 row 16 from year one up until 2006. They were great seats. You're above the glass so you dont have any issues with that, but close enough to get the experience.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My parents had season tickets in sec. 121 row 16 from year one up until 2006. They were great seats. You're above the glass so you dont have any issues with that, but close enough to get the experience.
Good to know. I took pictures from the "same" seats on the other side of the ice while at the Select A Seat event looking back and the view looks to be pretty good. I'm also happy to know that my row is the first one "down" from the entry to the concourse so i'll be able to get right up and out.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I have learned an unbelievable amount from Flyers ticketing, primarily from the #GOAT - Hollywood C.

I am going to put this out there, and I'll bump this come January. I'd be interested in splitting a full season plan for 2022 with someone else. Two Tickets, we could do a draft. I think it would be pretty cool. Keep me in my mind. I've only ever done partial plans lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know Bill Daly insinuated that it was possible, but I don't think they'll release a schedule without knowing about Olympics.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I have family in Philly area and I might check out a game if they are playing the Canes. Any tips? I've never been to a visitor's barn before but obviously I know not to be a dick.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Mostly like good food spots, good seats, and do you have a store there to get merch?
May I point you in the direction of this thread:

OT: - The Visitors' Guide to Philadelphia (Pt. 2), recommendations, etc.; Flyers' books, DVDs

Regarding seats/tickets unless it’s a weekend game you can wait until the last minute and buy in StubHub and get tickets for quite cheap usually. Pretty much all of the seats in the stadium are similar besides the club level getting access to bars in the club boxes and semi private bathrooms. Ice Row seats and rows 2-10 in sections 112-114 come with access to a special all inclusive club that includes food and drinks (soda, beer, and wine).

They do have multiple stands and stores in the Wells Fargo Center.

im542

Sep 12, 2013
I have family in Philly area and I might check out a game if they are playing the Canes. Any tips? I've never been to a visitor's barn before but obviously I know not to be a dick.

You won't have a bit of trouble getting great seats day of game cheap on the secondary markets for the Canes. Especially if it's a weeknight game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's an event down at the center on Monday that evidentially features a Q&A with Chuck Fletcher. But I've only seen it on facebook ads and not through any correspondence. My rep says it's open for members but it sounds like it's geared toward getting new members and sales. Anyone know more about this? I was thinking of going but now I'm more meh about it

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Cross promotion too. Wings fans received the same invite. Makes me not interested, twice.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
There's an event down at the center on Monday that evidentially features a Q&A with Chuck Fletcher. But I've only seen it on facebook ads and not through any correspondence. My rep says it's open for members but it sounds like it's geared toward getting new members and sales. Anyone know more about this? I was thinking of going but now I'm more meh about it

I didn't see that, only an email about an open house event at Voorhees on the 28th. I got an email for a Q&A with Cam Atkinson this Monday down there.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Did anybody ever receive anything regarding the Atkinson event? I RSVP’d, but never heard anything more.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Did anybody ever receive anything regarding the Atkinson event? I RSVP’d, but never heard anything more.
When did you RSVP?

I got the email originally and then shortly after an email from my rep making sure I saw it because “space is limited.” That might have played a role if you RSVP’d later rather than sooner.

I couldn’t make it so I didn’t RSVP.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was going to be a last minute anyways and then as the day went on and it was 5:00 I forgot.

Should be getting emails for tiered benefits soon because there’s supposed to be like a pre-training camp cookout or something.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
When did you RSVP?

I got the email originally and then shortly after an email from my rep making sure I saw it because “space is limited.” That might have played a role if you RSVP’d later rather than sooner.

I couldn’t make it so I didn’t RSVP.
I RSVP’d within 5 minutes of receiving the email. I just never received anything more after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad