Flyers STH 'Chalk Talk' With Coaches (Feb. 22nd)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Honest question - what is the benefit to being a season ticket holder? Playoff tickets? Because it's not like it's hard to get regular season tickets outside of PIT and maybe NYR games.
So... what is the benefit of being a season ticket holder, you ask? Let me tell you...

Not much during most years recently admittedly because they've been so horrid and the market so soft and that's why they've lost so many STH's. If you wanted to sell tickets on StubHub for games that you couldn't make you were going to take a loss and at times a big loss. I've admittedly sold most of my tickets over the last few seasons and haven't done THAT bad. In 17/18, I sold 36 regular season games at a 14% loss, 18/19 I sold 26 games at a 11% loss, and then last season 19/20 I sold 21 games at a 6% loss. So really if I could find another place to sell them besides StubHub who takes a 15% fee i'd be ahead and with that said people that are buying on StubHub have to pay a fee also.

There are people that actually attend every game and they like to have that security in being in the same spot. I'm definitely less so the former but I do enjoy the latter. They continue to get me to renew so that I can keep my seats that likely wouldn't become available due to their location for a while.

Like you said though, the Playoffs are the biggest reason to have them. Paying face value for playoff tickets is a godsend. The allure of paying a couple hundred dollars for a SCF or ECF ticket instead of a grand+ for the cheapest in the stadium is hard to pass up. Hell, if they actually made it to the playoffs last year if I sold my tickets at the cheapest tickets in my row at what they were priced at at the time of the season ending on StubHub that would have paid for the SCF and half of the ECF.

In the end they've been horrible for years now so it's been kind of pointless to have season tickets besides throwing money away but when they started to play well last year and exciting the market was steadily above face value.

So the morale of the story is they're worth it to have when the team is good but not when they're bad.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad