Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Two-Way Contract with C Ryan White

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Im fine with either but like the poster below I think Laughton is going to have a good camp and make the team.

Also, with Couturier and Giroux already on the team and they will be the 2 best centers for the foreseeable future, Laughton (If he pans out) will just be our 3rd line center so playing him on the 4th line in his rookie year wont really hurt his development.

See I look at it the other way. If he is "just" going to be a 3rd liner at best, no sense starting him on the 4th line. Say what you want, but we have Vinny who will/should get 3rd line minutes. And with us having White who can win faceoffs, leg Laughton go to the AHL and take the next steps. Who knows, maybe give him a year and he has a Tyler Johnson like impact. Who knows.

I view it like this, in a 4th line C role, the difference between White and Laughton will be very little, if not in White's favour. Let him go get tons of minutes on the PP and PK and learn to play against men.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I view it like this, in a 4th line C role, the difference between White and Laughton will be very little, if not in White's favour. Let him go get tons of minutes on the PP and PK and learn to play against men.

That's how I feel.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
he's the perfect dude for the Flyers, he plays old school hockey. Will take some dumb penalities at times, but will bleed orange and black the whole season.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
he's the perfect dude for the Flyers, he plays old school hockey. Will take some dumb penalities at times, but will bleed orange and black the whole season.

The stats are telling that he takes only half of the dumb penalties Rinaldo is taking, so that's actually not even an issue from a Flyers perspective...

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
I will never understand the love affair for Zac Rinaldo. For a fanbase that repeatedly cries over the Flyers being ''stuck in the 70's'' (which isn't true ftr) they sure cling on to those types of players.

The only good point I ever see for Rinaldo is his ability to draw penalties from the opposition but the counter is all the stupid penalties that Rinaldo takes...so I to don't see the love either.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Quite happy with this. We save $ if he replaces Rose or Rinaldo.
Yeah, so hopefully Berube will replace Rinaldo, but I wouldn't count on it.
On it's own it's whatever till we see what happens. If he replaces Rinaldo then cool, if he goes to the AHL then I don't care either way, if both he and Rinaldo play then I will start seeing my eyes glaze over with anger. If those two and Rosehill make up the fourth line in any point in time I might destroy the Wells Fargo.

On the bigger picture side, what the hell? Why didn't we sign one of the more useful and like able ones like Goc or Winnik? What the hell is going on with our bottom six with all these players?

Well, we got an answer today.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Canadiens fan here.

Ryan White matches well with the Flyers philosophy. He's intense and likes to get under your skin. Other than this, he's not fast (or particularly slow), he's a bad fighter, does quite well in the faceoff circle, below average offensive capabilities and he takes dumb penalties. But he was redundant on the Canadiens and frankly I found him pretty useless. Still can't figure why some Canadiens fans loved him so much, well, outside his personality. He's a great locker room guy that's for sure.

It's a 2-way contract, I wouldn't call this a bad contract from a Flyers POV.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If you hadn't heard, he tore his pectoral muscle in a workout and is out indefinitely.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Bill Meltzer @billmeltzer · 28m

From Flyers, Ryan White will miss approximately 5 months from time of his pectoral tear.

RJ8812*

**** sakes....was really hoping he would have a spot on the 4th line and PK

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I found him interesting, but frankly, it's probably for the best. I find it hard to believe he's be better than Laughton. And I don't think Gordon or Jones would be much worse at all.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Could have been a solid contributor on the 4th line but with how Jones, Bellemare, Gordon and Laughton have presented themselves during preseason so far, he won't be missed. Flyers still have a healthy mix for their bottom 6.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Depends if Bellemare can get fit and impress at center in the last three preseason games.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He's looking too good to be on the 4th line, though. It seems like his speed, strength and finishing ability have all gotten better. Raffl might be the guy they have to play with Vinny to cover for his slowness.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's looking too good to be on the 4th line, though. It seems like his speed, strength and finishing ability have all gotten better. Raffl might be the guy they have to play with Vinny to cover for his slowness.

I'd say make the third line Raffl-Lecavelier-Akeson and bump Umberger to the 4th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad