Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Ivan Fedotov To One Year Deal (May 2022); May 2023 update: could return to CSKA per reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Safe to assume they haven't done that. This is a very very stupid team.
Just another Chuck Fletcher **** up. He messed up across the board here starting with not getting him out of Russia when he could have done that. His failure to suspend the contract is the icing on the cake of this disaster.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
In hindsight, signing a star player amidst a geopolitical conflict probably should have come with a plan of action to promptly get him out of the country
Not like Canucks made some special plan to get Kuzmenko out. However I think all NHL teams are now asking about a player's situation with the army, so the procedure has indeed changed a bit.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
The army service is only for a year right? There may still be an opportunity for him to come over after that. I imagine he would still like an opportunity to compete in the NHL, hence signing in the first place. This is a wait and see situation and they have his rights so not entirely doom and gloom. Annoying though.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
The army service is only for a year right? There may still be an opportunity for him to come over after that. I imagine he would still like an opportunity to compete in the NHL, hence signing in the first place. This is a wait and see situation and they have his rights so not entirely doom and gloom. Annoying though.
You see, in theory you're right, but practice shows that a lot of things can happen behind the scene. I can imagine that in exchange to do his service close to home (and not in the Arctics) Fedotov could promise that he would re-sign with CSKA if they help to arrange that.

Reactions: orangey

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
How do you think this is going to effect Michkov?
If we are talking about his army status then right now he should be finishing school and he mentioned that he plans to become a student, so that should give him 4 years of army conscription immunity. Current KHL contract is 3 more years, so that should be enough to leave without any issues.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad