Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Derick Brassard 1yr $825k (August 2021)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Tbh I think the only real problems with Brassard are:

Already have Thompson.
Laczynski and Frost are likely better.

If the Flyers go with say:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
JvR-Hayes-Farabee
Lindblom-Frost-Atkinson
Laughton-Brassard-Allison

With Laczynski and NAK in first drop at C and W.

That is a good line-up... better than last year. But feel like going to see Brassard and Thompson a fair bit.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Quite possible that this signing will move Laughton to wing, where he's better, giving them a Laughton-Brassard-Farabee 3rd line to start the season.

Brassard would be a 3C placeholder of sorts for Frost, and then drop to the 4th line whenever Frost bangs down the door.
Farabee wont play on the 3rd line. He's no worse than 3rd on the wing depth chart overall.
He'll probably lead the team in goals.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I wouldn't mind watching Brassard in Allentown or on the 4th. Thompson sorta needs to go though.

In my dreams this is some master scheme to take in all the "solid vets" to sell them off to Hextall for free picks.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Farabee wont play on the 3rd line. He's no worse than 3rd on the wing depth chart overall.
He'll probably lead the team in goals.
Well, from the looks of it he's probably going to play RW to start the season, so among Atkinson, Konecny, and Farabee, one of them is going to play on line 3.

I suppose if Laughton plays 3C to start the season, then Farabee could play 2nd line LW if JVR plays 3rd line LW. But I tend to think Laughton is going to play LW; that ultimately they hope Frost becomes the 3C; and that Brassard will be the 3C placeholder in the interim.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
I’m not panicking, but all of these moves in totality are somewhat baffling. If this thing goes sideways, we are losing coots and G and I’ll be a middle aged man by the time we are even sniffing competitiveness again, let alone a cup. Fml, we better not suck this year. I take it back there’s slight panic

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I think its a great low risk move. Like i've been saying for months for those that hate AV. His fingerprints are all over this team.... if we win great/fantastic if we lose he will be out the door quickly..... Its almost a no lose situation for those fans imo so they shouldn't complain lol

BTW anyone else think the Flyers could still be in play for Eichel? Wouldn't shock me at all as we have multiple young forwards we could put in an offer + young dmen.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
So is the consensus on the board Frost will not be given a legit chance to win the 3rd line center spot? That it will be given to brassard?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People act like Frost has earned the 3C job.
What exactly has he done since he left the CHL that would lead you to think that?

He'll get first dibs in training camp, it's his job to lose, but it's not going to be given to him.
He's 22, should be physical mature, supposedly 100%, if he's ready it should be obvious and he'll win any contest hands down.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Brassard. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

k5DOKhT.gif

Development baby.

post of the nite, right here... ^^^^

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Laczynski might be the biggest loser of the Brassard & Thompson deals. This dude should legit get a shot at a middle six center spot, and now he's going to be a 24 year old stallion, floundering in the minors, because of incompetence.

nope, cuz the Flyers never block a youth roster spot...

never happened... not ever.. haahahahah

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Tbh I think the only real problems with Brassard are:

Already have Thompson.
Laczynski and Frost are likely better.

If the Flyers go with say:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
JvR-Hayes-Farabee
Lindblom-Frost-Atkinson
Laughton-Brassard-Allison

With Laczynski and NAK in first drop at C and W.

That is a good line-up... better than last year. But feel like going to see Brassard and Thompson a fair bit.

wait, do you actually believe even for a second, Grompson signed here to be a healthy scratch or play in the minors ?

0.0% chance hes not a main roster selection.. every old dog Fletch hired is going to be ur main roster player..

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
People act like Frost has earned the 3C job.
What exactly has he done since he left the CHL that would lead you to think that?

He'll get first dibs in training camp, it's his job to lose, but it's not going to be given to him.
He's 22, should be physical mature, supposedly 100%, if he's ready it should be obvious and he'll win any contest hands down.
Frost hasn’t done anything to earn the 3C role yet.

He’s 22, coming off major shoulder surgery, & has essentially played one game of pro hockey in the last 18 months.

Hence, he’s a complete question mark to begin the season. You don’t just blindly trust the very important 3C role to that type of question mark.

If he ends up earning it, great. Eventually he should. But they can’t count on it, especially off the bat.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
So is the consensus on the board Frost will not be given a legit chance to win the 3rd line center spot? That it will be given to brassard?

100%...

none of these old guys are signing here expecting to play in the minors or ride the press bench..

every one was offered a roster slot by Fletch cuz they are all guys Av actively wants, cuz they will be AV "yes" men...

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad