Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign (D) Michael Del Zotto to a one-year contract ($1.3M per TSN)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know why I forgot about Streit writing that post, but I did.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I thought he had a decent first period and showed some good potential. Im excited to see how he progresses, im not going to judge him off of one game, but certain plays he looked like he was trying to do to much or overthinking things.

The two on one that led to the goal, he turned his body the wrong way to the play. He put his stick down on the ice and turned so that he was facing Mason instead of facing the play or just laying down and taking the lane away. Any other player would have faced the play.

Last edited:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
But when you go back to the corner and run from a hit that leads to a scoring chance it doesn't bode well.

Sorry but there was no need for MDZ to prove how tough he was by taking a dirty hit from behind from Dolt Orr. He tried to spin away and missed the puck. No big deal, the kid has always had courage.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Sorry but there was no need for MDZ to prove how tough he was by taking a dirty hit from behind from Dolt Orr. He tried to spin away and missed the puck. No big deal, the kid has always had courage.
For a guy on a one yr deal trying to impress hat's not the way to do it? You always play hard and take the check preseason or not.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
For a guy on a one yr deal trying to impress hat's not the way to do it? You always play hard and take the check preseason or not.

No you don't, dope. The goal in preseason is to not get hurt.

EDIT: You do realize he isn't on a tryout contract, right? If he were I could see your point.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No you don't, dope. The goal in preseason is to not get hurt.

EDIT: You do realize he isn't on a tryout contract, right? If he were I could see your point.

**** I didn't like how aggressive Brayden was the other night for a first game of the preseason & he has a two year deal with more of a known role than MDZ. He was skating around out there like it was Game 7 of the SCF.

Save that **** for the regular season, no need to hurt yourself in games that are essentially glorified practices. I just want the roster guys to stay healthy & get their skating legs underneath them with these games.

I couldn't care less if we win these game or how the team looks while playing as a whole nor am I watching the those guys with a magnified glass.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
**** I didn't like how aggressive Brayden was the other night for a first game of the preseason & he has a two year deal with more of a known role than MDZ. He was skating around out there like it was Game 7 of the SCF.

Save that **** for the regular season, no need to hurt yourself in games that are essentially glorified practices. I just want the roster guys to stay healthy & get their skating legs underneath them with these games.

I couldn't care less if we win these game or how the team looks while playing as a whole nor am I watching the those guys with a magnified glass.

Bang on.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Being on a tryout contract is another reason to play hard. Don't get hurt by absorbing the hit the right way. If I were a coach, I would be annoyed he isn't playing out of his mind while on said contract.

Is this the DeSean Jackson philosophy?

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Being on a tryout contract is another reason to play hard. Don't get hurt by absorbing the hit the right way. If I were a coach, I would be annoyed he isn't playing out of his mind while on said contract.

Is this the DeSean Jackson philosophy?

He's not though. He signed a regular NHL deal.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think GKJ already said this, but if MDZ plays well maybe he could move up to play with Coburn and let MacDonald go back with Schenn.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Agree fully. MDZ needs to be paired with a true stay-at-home bruising guy so that he is free to do his thing. The Rangers didn't have that luxury when he was with them.

the problem is who do you pair with schenn? grossman? yeah thats gonna be a freakin disaster. The only one that makes sense is streit which isn't ideal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad