Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign (D) Kurtis Foster (Jan. 13, 2013)

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Rumours bouncing around that Foster has signed with Philly.

There are posts in a few threads in our forum, but no confirmation yet.

A welcome heavy, right-handed shot for the powerplay, if true.

He is most recognized for a horrific leg injury he suffered when crashing into the boards while playing for the Wild.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Yeah, but a deal could be put in place. I wouldn't be surprised if they sign a free agent. I thought it might be Campoli or Foster. Most players without a contract will sign a very cheap 1 year offer knowing there will be open spots in the off season.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Rumours bouncing around that Foster has signed with Philly.

There are posts in a few threads in our forum, but no confirmation yet.

A welcome heavy, right-handed shot for the powerplay, if true.

He is most recognized for a horrific leg injury he suffered when crashing into the boards while playng for the Wild.

Visions of Pavel Kubina just streaked across my head...

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
i guess it can't hurt? hope the cap hit isn't bad if this is true. i can't imagine he got many offers from elsewhere, so I'm hoping it's a low cap hit. i always thought Foster had the tools to be much better.

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
we just need depth with experience. not bad. keep us goin til we figure out that enormous inevitable maneuver were gonna make for a cornerstone.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Visions of Pavel Kubina just streaked across my head...

What is amazing is that Kubina is an awesome player ---- In NHL 13 :laugh:

I don't know why they made him such a good computer player when he isn't there in real life :laugh:

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
What is amazing is that Kubina is an awesome player ---- In NHL 13 :laugh:

I don't know why they made him such a good computer player when he isn't there in real life :laugh:
Well, he has a big shot in the game and is a great checker.. But he is slower than hell.

If I don't change the Pronger - Kubina pairing, I end up getting beat on 2 on 1s where one of them could be at the center of the ice and the 2 forwards could be at the faceoff circle

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Well, he has a big shot in the game and is a great checker.. But he is slower than hell.

If I don't change the Pronger - Kubina pairing, I end up getting beat on 2 on 1s where one of them could be at the center of the ice and the 2 forwards could be at the faceoff circle

I leave Kubina but change out Pronger for someone else.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Wouldn't be the worst possible pickup if coming cheap (maybe around 1.5M).

Where does the "decent hitter" rumor come from? Stats on nhl.com indicate the opposite.

Also important: probably better constitution than let's say Campoli or Colaiacovo who are made of glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad