Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign 2019 3rd round pick Ronnie Attard (D) To 2-year ELC (Could make his NHL debut Saturday, April 2)

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I think JVR will be moveable at 50% retained, they may get a decent asset as well - his strong finish has him at 17 goals with 15 games left, 20+ goals for 1yr/$3.5M will be very attractive for teams looking to add scoring. Or take a bad contract back.

Atkinson will be easily moved at 3yr/$16M, 42 ES points in 67 games suggests he's far from washed up.
TK, Brink, Tippett, Allison with Foerster, Hodgson and Wisdom in the AHL is plenty of depth at RW.
Areed. The last thing they should entertain is buying out JVR. 50% retention saves almost as much money as the buy-out without the extra year plus you should net a decent asset. Not sure I agree with Atkinson unless an extremely diminished asset is coming back

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Areed. The last thing they should entertain is buying out JVR. 50% retention saves almost as much money as the buy-out without the extra year plus you should net a decent asset. Not sure I agree with Atkinson unless an extremely diminished asset is coming back
With the above 2 options you'd have to be an idiot to give up assets or take back a bad contract in order to get rid of JVR.... that being said we do have a idiot GM/ownership group...so.... aggressive retool bs..we suck...admit it like us fans and move on and rebuild with the youth

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I think that it might be Provorov. That rumor last weekend about a possible Provorov for Nylander deal in the off-season makes sense. I’d rather have Nylander than JG. Toronto isn’t going anywhere in the POs until they resolve their back end issues. Additionally this trade is a salary wash.
Of course if the club moves Provorov, it has to have extended Sanheim first.
That would be a bad move....Nylander is ok as your 3rd or 4th option...as your primary option he'd likely be a disaster....he's not a player you build around imo....in Toronto he can suck for 20 games and hide behind Matthews and Marner....gets hot for a few weeks fans love him again here they'd look to him to lead the franchise and that won't work

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
That would be a bad move....Nylander is ok as your 3rd or 4th option...as your primary option he'd likely be a disaster....he's not a player you build around imo....in Toronto he can suck for 20 games and hide behind Matthews and Marner....gets hot for a few weeks fans love him again here they'd look to him to lead the franchise and that won't work
Your description of Nylander sounds a lot like Provorov. Hiding behind the play of Sanheim.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Your description of Nylander sounds a lot like Provorov. Hiding behind the play of Sanheim.
Playing 25 minutes a night against the other teams best line is far from hiding lol....trading Provy or Sanheim would be dumb unless your getting an impact player back. Let Ellis come back and see if you actually have 2 decent pairs which was why Fletcher made all these stupid moves last offseason + resigning Risto....wtf would you change that now unless like I've said Sanheim won't extend for a reasonable contract

Reactions: BernieParent

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I think there's a big if in re-signing sanheim. Nylander is a nice get but I feel it's a bit of shuffling deck chairs. Creating a hole to fill one is such a Fletcher move I'm okay with it by itself but I'm sure idiocy will follow

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Propaganda machine is already working against Provy.
Its funny that not more people realise the timing of those rumors! Provy is here 4rever. And we never ever had such rumors. The team is actively sending the media such informations so the hockey world and the fans slowly realise something will happen! Its as old as the world of human mankind! Use Rumors to you favor and you have an easy life!

Its not suprising at all that they now start those. Its just typical Flyers!

RebusFlyer

May 21, 2017
Attard's contract finally listed among the defensemen on CapFriendly. Surprisingly, to me at any rate, is that it is only $883,750 per year, compared to $925,000 for Noah Cates. Somehow, I would have thought Attard was the more highly-regarded prospect.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Attard's contract finally listed among the defensemen on CapFriendly. Surprisingly, to me at any rate, is that it is only $883,750 per year, compared to $925,000 for Noah Cates. Somehow, I would have thought Attard was the more highly-regarded prospect.
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but iirc Cates was a few months from being able to choose any team. They had to give him the max elc otherwise he’s getting it from someone else.

Again, all predicated on an assumption

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
This underlined here from Starman is absolutely hilarious:

1FEC9B9A-56A5-4C7B-9B74-0B9FA445E25F.jpeg

*Per Crossing Broad***

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This underlined here from Starman is absolutely hilarious:

View attachment 524338

*Per Crossing Broad***
“He's not a power play quarterback either. He's better as an off-defenseman. I think he's a No. 4 defenseman in the NHL. I’ll tell you, Attard is a much better version of someone who is a powerplay quarterback and is a top pair defensemen.”

Solid work there. :laugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost is a top pair D-man on Arizona the way AMac was a top pair defenseman on the Islanders.

Now the version of Ghost that came out of Mt Union, if he stays healthy and learns some discipline (he was the Mt Union offense, which led to some bad habits), that was a top pair defenseman on any team. Unfortunately, after an ACL, groin and scoping both knees, the current Ghost is a shadow of that player.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He wouldn't be the primary option here.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AMac never scored 30 points in a season for the Islanders, let alone 40.
He played 24:38 and 25:25 a game.
Ghost is playing 22:11 for Zona.

I'm not that impressed with Ghost's scoring, since three other Zona D-men are putting up similar PP/60 (ES) numbers, that tells me his scoring is as much scheme driven as talent driven. Sorta like Gus putting up 60 points with Chicago one season.
2018-19: Gus 1.65, Keith 1.34, Rutta 1.07, Jokiharju 1.01
2021-22: Chychrun 1.32, Ghost 1.27, Moser 1.24, Dineen 1.23
xGF/60 (ES)
Chychrun 2.43, Moser 2.39, Dineen 2.39, Ghost 2.38

Ghost would not play ahead of York on the Flyers in 2022-23, and definitely not Provorov or Sanheim.
So losing Ghost would have had little impact on the Flyers going forward.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Ghost is a top pair D-man on Arizona the way AMac was a top pair defenseman on the Islanders.

Now the version of Ghost that came out of Mt Union, if he stays healthy and learns some discipline (he was the Mt Union offense, which led to some bad habits), that was a top pair defenseman on any team. Unfortunately, after an ACL, groin and scoping both knees, the current Ghost is a shadow of that player.
Mt Union =/= Union

Reactions: dragonoffrost

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's a huge impact because instead of having Ghost's expiring contract for one more season they are wasting $5.1m over 5 years on a defensemen who can't score or defend.

And they are missing a 1st and two 2nds.
Risto is a separate issue. I've said repeatedly that was the big off season mistake.
However, Risto is an upgrade over Myers, so it doesn't explain the 2021-22 collapse. The cost is going forward.
And yes, i would have moved Risto to recoup that cost.

Dumping Ghost cost less than Zito paid to dump Stralman (with one year left on his deal) or the NYI to dump Ladd.
So no, Fletcher wasn't "taken to the cleaners."

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Dumping Ghost cost less than Zito paid to dump Stralman (with one year left on his deal) or the NYI to dump Ladd.

When we make comparisons that rely on those three players being rough equals, it should probably be a sign to stop and think of a new angle of approach.

While we're at it, Gostisbehere has the most difficult 5v5 Forward QualComp of Arizona's Defensemen this year. Usually you value that.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Risto is a separate issue. I've said repeatedly that was the big off season mistake.
However, Risto is an upgrade over Myers, so it doesn't explain the 2021-22 collapse. The cost is going forward.
And yes, i would have moved Risto to recoup that cost.

Do you know what explains the 21-22 collapse? All of those little things that you said don't matter adding up to the point that they did, in fact, matter.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Union and Mt Union are two wholy different schools. I hate MT UNION with a passion equal to the Rangers and Penguins.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Did Blackhawks fans fawn over Gustafsson like Flyers fans still grieve over Ghost?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad