GDT: Flyers @ Sens | Mon. Dec. 9 2013 | 7:30pm EST | CTC | SNET, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
Have we ever played consecutive games this season where the lines in the second game bear some resemblance to those in the first?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ok...why the fudge is Zibby not centering Hoffman and Conacher. Kassian is USELESS. Even I'M starting to question Maclean's decisions.

I dunno why people are getting riled up over this. Every game Zibby starts centering a bottom six line and every game he's on the top PP unit and eventually on Spezza's wing. They change the lines so much, there's no point in putting much stock in who skates with who in practice.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Ok...why the fudge is Zibby not centering Hoffman and Conacher. Kassian is USELESS. Even I'M starting to question Maclean's decisions.

I'm assuming that we're basically going to roll 3 lines, with Kassian getting his <5 min of ice time.

I'm thinking Zibby replaces Condra almost immediately, and Smith will be double shifted, so we get

MacArthur - Spezza - Zibanejad
Michalek - Turris - Ryan
Condra - Smith - Greening
Kassian/Conacher - Smith/Zibanejad - Neil

Some nonsense mishmash of lines.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I dunno why people are getting riled up over this. Every game Zibby starts centering a bottom six line and every game he's on the top PP unit and eventually on Spezza's wing. They change the lines so much, there's no point in putting much stock in who skates with who in practice.

Exactly :) Kassian and Conacher will play 5 minutes each. This will be a 3 line game.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I'm assuming that we're basically going to roll 3 lines, with Kassian getting his <5 min of ice time.

I'm thinking Zibby replaces Condra almost immediately, and Smith will be double shifted, so we get

MacArthur - Spezza - Zibanejad
Michalek - Turris - Ryan
Condra - Smith - Greening
Kassian/Conacher - Smith/Zibanejad - Neil

Some nonsense mishmash of lines.

I think MacLean should just put them in alphabetical order and try that :sarcasm:

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I think we should probably call up Pageau or Grant to play 4th line center so Zibby can stick with Spezza.

What would be the point, MacLean wouldn't give them a reasonable amount of ice time anyway.

It is quite obvious MacLean favours the veterans regardless of how they perform, in the hope they might play better tonight than they have for the 30 previos games.

IMO Zibby should have remainded with Spezza, specially since he is the only guy that seems to make that line any better.

I also think a fourth of Conacher-Hoffman-Condra would at least be serviceable for more than 4minutes in the game.

However MacLean thinks Zibby is a support player and therefore can play limited minutes because for some unknown reason wants to dress Kassian, a guy he probably won't play more than 4 minutes.

So two of the young guys will have another game of 6-8 minutes while many of the vets contribute little and another young guy will sit.

All makes sense to me for a team sitting in 6th place in its division and 13th in the conference.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Maxd

Sep 29, 2008
At the 30 game mark, Kassian has played a grand total of 42 minutes.

I'm a fan of rough and tumble hockey, but I really don't like having a guy on the team that can't play. I miss Carkner.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

True, but why start off limiting the options by dressing Kassian and sitting Conacher or Hoffman?

The definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
What would be the point, MacLean wouldn't give them a reasonable amount of ice time anyway.

It is quite obvious MacLean favours the veterans regardless of how they perform, in the hope they might play better tonight than they have for 30 games.

IMO Zibby should have remainded with Spezza, specially since he is the only guy that seems to make that line any better.

I also think a fourth of Conacher-Hoffman-Condra would at least be serviceable for more than 4minutes in the game.

However MacLean thinks Zibby is a support player and therefore can play limited minutes because for some unknown reason wants to dress Kassian, a guy he probably won't play more than 4 minutes of ice time.

So two of the young guys will have another game of 6-8 minutes while many of the vets contribute little and another young guy will sit.

All makes sense to me for a team sitting in 6th place in its division and 13th in the conference.:sarcasm:

Man I couldn't agree more with every word of it. :handclap:

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
At least smith is with two guys who can actually skate and pass and shoot. That could be a very important third line tonight.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
True, but why start off limiting the options by dressing Kassian and sitting Conacher or Hoffman?

The definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I don't disagree with you there. I'd rather ice 4 competent lines. IMO we have the ability to do that. Why not? Well I dunno, but if Kassian can actually get into some scraps on home ice, I don't mind it as much. Fights do tend to get everyone out of their seats in this town. Maybe Maclean has some weird philosophy right now where he wants our star forwards playing tons of minutes by getting double shifted? I got nothin'.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Too bad.... Hoffman-Zibanejad-Conacher would have been pretty cool to see. So much speed and skill there.

why would you split up zibby and kassian? potential for most lethal nhl duo. as long as they play between 2 and 6 mins.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

maybe that has something to do with how the team looks so confused and slow to react all the time?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
why would you split up zibby and kassian? potential for most lethal nhl duo. as long as they play between 2 and 6 mins.

c4413_9K1rrko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad