Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Sens 10/10 7:30

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The young guys looked good, that's all we can really ask for this season. Wins and losses don't really matter, we're going to suck, it is what it is.

Agreed, Tierney(24) and DeMelo(25) should be included in the young guys list.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
They aren't going anywhere this year so they have to waive Pyatt and bring up Chlapik. Sit Boro and give Harpur ( and sometimes Wolanin) most of the games. Harpur needs to see the ice to learn how to play the position (at left D not his off right side) and to properly assess his future worth. Also sit Wideman and give his spot to Jaros. Making these moves would cost less than a couple of extra million but will pay off big time to start next year.
Been saying this for a while

Let the kids play

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The young guys looked good, that's all we can really ask for this season. Wins and losses don't really matter, we're going to suck, it is what it is.

I'd like to see White in a top 9 role but it won't happen unless he starts earning it.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Wasn’t able to watch this game unfortunately but from what I’ve been reading here it sounded like a really entertaining game from the sens. What else can we really ask for right now.
Super encouraging to see Tkachuk and Lajoie with 3 points each. Chabot remains consistent and Teirney is quietly pretty much our best forward (he should be centering that 2nd line tbh).
This was always going to be a tough game to win after philly got embarrassed last night. I think we’ll bounce back on Saturday.
Important next 4 games at home here.
Keep the faith go sens go!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Tbh, I think Wolanin and Jaros are way better options on D and allowing them to play more in AHL then calling them up later, we can have a pretty ok team that finishes bottom 10 but not bottom 5.

We're finishing bottom 5 barring a miracle, or if Andy suddenly plays even better than he did two years ago.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Been saying this for a while

Let the kids play

I think there's a balance to be had, otherwise we end up like Edmonton. Pyatt and Paajarvi were insulating/mentoring Formenton. Lajoie, Tkachuk, White and Chabot are getting legit minutes. Chlapik, Wolanin and Jaros will get their turns soon.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Haven't been happy with Wideman but this game wasn't terrible.

Thought we had a decent game except for some pretty severe breakdowns on some goals. Lots of positives imo, and lots that can be cleaned up.

Did Formenton get hurt? He seemed to miss the last half.

White needs to play more or go to Belleville.

Won't be a popular opinion, but I thought Boro had his best game of the season, physical in our end, and didn't cough up the puck as much as in other games.

We didn't have an answer for their PP. They build a lot of momentum off it.
Pageau is greatly missed in the pk department

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think there's a balance to be had, otherwise we end up like Edmonton. Pyatt and Paajarvi were insulating/mentoring Formenton. Lajoie, Tkachuk, White and Chabot are getting legit minutes. Chlapik, Wolanin and Jaros will get their turns soon.
White had under 10 minutes ,, Formenton had under 9

I did not see the gaame but I do not agree with the icetime. There are 1000 plugs you can play in there under 10 minutes.
Send these guys down

Reactions: God Says No

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This is coming from an opposing fan:

Good game and good hockey. Pretty entertaining, but also very scratchy with 24 combined minor penalties called. At points, the players just need to play.

Although the final score was 7-4, there’s a lot to look forward to after watching that game for the send fan base.

Thomas Chabot and the unheard of guy around the league Max Lajoie look like studs! The important thing for management to do with them is to not load them up all at once with assignments they can’t handle. They just need to play their game and it will come. Brady Tkachuk looks good too! A lot of skill, but not as much grit as I was expecting.

The young kids of Tkachuk, Brown, White, Tierney, Chabot, DeMelo, and Lajoie look to be some good building blocks.

Until next time... good hockey!

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Went to the game and what I saw was our defense is just getting out muscled. That's what you get when you have 19,20,21 year olds playing defense. At least Lajoie, Chabot are producing. Wideman, Ceci and Borowiecki look like beer leaguers. Always out of position, losing the puck battle in front of the net or on the boards. Our defense is what it is.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Were getting reckted with the vets
Why not try the kids?
Because we could lose more games?
Were exactly doing that losing games
Pyatt and Paajarvi are fine
Im talking more about Jaros Wlanin and Chlapik replacing Smith and the 2 bozos at the blue line

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah, wish he was healthy, would really round things out though it would probably mean less opportunities for some guys.

With a healthy lineup:

Tkachuk-Duchene-White/Ryan
Dzingel-Pageau-Stone
Formenton-Tierney-Boedker
Paajarvi-Smith-Pyatt

Pageau would help out for forward group, but they aren't the problem. They can still score.

This team is going nowhere with a sophomore Chabot and a Cody Ceci as their best two defensemen. Unless Craig Anderson goes into God mode, but ti doesn't look like he has that gear anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad