Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Sens 10/10 7:30

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010

It was a head scratcher listening to him re spreading out Ceci and Boro for defense.. He called them anchors. I would agree that they are anchors but we probably use the term differently.

Nice :laugh: My biggest question is why is Boro being played anything more than a 5/6 D (I'd prefer 6/7)? I am honestly more comfortable with any other defenders out there than him. He was already not great, but I feel like with this added responsibility he is overthinking it and making even bigger mistakes.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
thachuk and duchene is what i wanted. I think that second line is too slow with smith stone so dzingle might add some speed

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice :laugh: My biggest question is why is Boro being played anything more than a 5/6 D (I'd prefer 6/7)? I am honestly more comfortable with any other defenders out there than him. He was already not great, but I feel like with this added responsibility he is overthinking it and making even bigger mistakes.

Agreed. I also think he thinks he's more important than he really is.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Nice to see Chabot and Demelo together. Small sample but demelo has looks solid. Only been in the NHL a couple years too. Maybe this is his big breakout year?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Agreed. I also think he thinks he's more important than he really is.

I think the coaches see his play and understand the issues he is having. I think they are going to give him time to "find" whatever game he brings.

But I think he is on borrowed time and Harpur will be inserted in place of him. The rest of the D are playing well (or better than him anyways).

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
When you see that Boro and Ceci are paired together

wtf%20%282%29.gif

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Why does everyone employed by this organization operate as though Boro and Ceci are high-end defensemen? It's been going on for years, and it is absurd.

They've certainly thought of Ceci as a higher-end d-man, but they've played Boro as a bottom pairing guy since he's been here. Pretty well 14-15 minutes a game for several years. He's played more to start this year, but it's only 3 games and in the last 2 he's played the 5th most among their d-men. I think they're aware of his limitations. It's tough when the other d-men include 2 guys who are 20 and 21 [Chabot and Lajoie, with Lajoie playing his first NHL games], and 2 others who have been bottom pairing guys during their time in the NHL [Wideman and Demelo]. He was the veteran of the group, but already he's seeing his minutes lessen, and rightfully so.

Now some would argue Boro shouldn't be in the top 6 at all, but the organization clearly disagrees with that. They like him from a leadership/energy/physicality standpoint.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

He's our most experienced dman. That's all there is to that.

There is no getting around it either: he is a very popular player in the room, the coaches love him cause he's a hard worker and management loves him because he's a suck-up and cheap. We ain't ever getting rid of him so it's best for people to accept this instead of endlessly moan about him.

I've hated Boro since his first game in the NHL, I've come to terms with the fact that this organization isn't interested in talent.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I think the coaches see his play and understand the issues he is having. I think they are going to give him time to "find" whatever game he brings.

But I think he is on borrowed time and Harpur will be inserted in place of him. The rest of the D are playing well (or better than him anyways).

I don't think Boro leaves the lineup unless he's injured.

Reactions: Multigrain

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Going to the game tomorrow (received tickets, otherwise I wouldn't be going).

Sens don't usually win when I'm there so blame me if they lose.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Is GB aware you need to let lines stay together for more than 1 game to see if they have chemistry or not?
Smith-White-Stone

Best line in game one, not together in game 2..
You know gotta give Boedker and Ryan some time because they are vet.
Boedker was kinda deserve, but they should not have separate that line between the 2 games.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
By mid season, I think that Chabot will be playing 25 minutes a night. If Lajoie continues as a dependable mid pairing D-man on the left side, I could see Boro's even strength minutes lowered.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
He's our most experienced dman. That's all there is to that.

There is no getting around it either: he is a very popular player in the room, the coaches love him cause he's a hard worker and management loves him because he's a suck-up and cheap. We ain't ever getting rid of him so it's best for people to accept this instead of endlessly moan about him.

I've hated Boro since his first game in the NHL, I've come to terms with the fact that this organization isn't interested in talent.
You speak the truth
He is not going anywhere
He has management wrapped around his finger, and the community loves him for his work off the ice.
He is here to stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->