Confirmed with Link: Flyers re-sign Rinaldo and Rosehill

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It does show you that people complaining about Deslauriers ignore a long Flyers history. :nod:
The problem isn't the player but the contract.
Though methinks Deslaurier is history come the summer of 2024

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It does show you that people complaining about Deslauriers ignore a long Flyers history. :nod:

Nobody ignores anything holy shit. We have taken this very long history into account. That's why nothing changing is such a massive problem. All these people are still here setting the plans and values.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Everyone complains the Flyers have a long history of signing useless face punchers, wtf are you talking about. In fact, these signings and the reasoning behind them is pretty much all we complain about.

Also, both the Deslauriers player and contract are a problem.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Everyone complains the Flyers have a long history of signing useless face punchers, wtf are you talking about. In fact, these signings and the reasoning behind them is pretty much all we complain about.

Also, both the Deslauriers player and contract are a problem.
Read the comments on this thread.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

No idea why you're hyping up a 10 year old set of transactions as if they prove a point about something relevant (it's not)

Reactions: Curufinwe

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No idea why you're hyping up a 10 year old set of transactions as if they prove a point about something relevant (it's not)
My point was that many of the posters still on this board were happy with having Rinaldo and Rosehill on the 4th line a decade ago.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My point was that many of the posters still on this board were happy with having Rinaldo and Rosehill on the 4th line a decade ago.

I wonder if the team took a sharp anti-skill and offense turn since then that changed everything and set the team on a course of permanent misery?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Proud to say I did not comment in this thread. I recall Rinaldo having one semi-decent season by 4th line standards and I believe it was this one - a lockout shortened season. The game was also much different 10 years ago. The skill bar was much lower.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
you HAVE to have a presence like Deslauriers PERIOD :mad:

or your talented players who don't hit, GET HIT.....

Coots asked for a player like him a few years ago !

and IMO he doesn't look out of place put there .....

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
you HAVE to have a presence like Deslauriers PERIOD :mad:

or your talented players who don't hit, GET HIT.....

Coots asked for a player like him a few years ago !

and IMO he doesn't look out of place put there .....

Yet our few talented players still got hit and targeted even when he was on the ice.

Any line he is one won't score, but will eventually be scored upon. He doesn't protect anyone and he has no use or purpose.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Proud to say I did not comment in this thread. I recall Rinaldo having one semi-decent season by 4th line standards and I believe it was this one - a lockout shortened season. The game was also much different 10 years ago. The skill bar was much lower.

I believe that was the season he managed to draw a lot of penalties.

A common thread too, is "well there's no way the Flyers won't have players like this, they could have done worse." That was before it was clear they'd begun trying to purge all skill and creativity out of the organization, too, so in that context we thought they were still a team that would seek good players. But no, they only seek shit now. Instead of players like this being the filler as they build from the top down, they try to build from the bottom up.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
intimidation has always been a part of ice hockey, it will always be a part of hockey

Deslauriers stays, he's quite good at what he does ..... !

• Haha
Reactions: dragonoffrost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad