Confirmed with Link: Flyers re-sign Rinaldo and Rosehill

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64095&navid=DL|PHI|home

RINALDO & ROSEHILL EXTENDED
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren announced this evening that the club has agreed to a two-year contract extension with forwards Zac Rinaldo and Jay Rosehill.

Rinaldo posted three goals and five points to go along with 85 penalty minutes in 32 games for the Flyers this season.

He is currently out of the line up, missing the last seven games, with a high-ankle sprain on his left leg. Prior to his injury, he was one of the Flyers leaders in hits this season, posting 143 in 32 games.

Rinaldo also missed four games from Jan. 22-27 due to lacerated right thigh.

Rosehill was acquired around the trade deadline from the Anaheim Ducks on Apr. 1 in exchange for Harry Zolnierczyk.

Since joining the Flyers, he has one goal and 47 penalty minutes in seven games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Rinaldo is a good resign.

Rosebud is an iffy signing. He has proven though he can skate and play some hockey. Unlike Shelley, who just was turrible.

If Rosy is below 900K it's an okay deal, anything more, I don't like.

EDIT: If Rosy can be waived and not be on our cap hit, I am okay with it. He hasn't played bad since being picked up though.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Yeah here's hoping for league minimum for Rosehill...like what he has shown this far but always nervous with waived players.
love the Rinaldo resigning though, he is really starting to get it...hopefully that contract comes with a "You must be mic'ed up for every game" clause.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I hope Rosehill learns from Rinaldo. If so-- they will annoy the hell out of the entire NHL. It'll be fun.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
:laugh:

The writer from Crossingbroad is bashing the Rinaldo re-signing because he has 5 points this year.

He's an idiot. Whether you like Rinaldo or not he still serves a purpose on this team. It's also hard to judge a 4th liner by using basic stats like goals and assists. He's paid to piss people off not for offense.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Rinaldo was a no-brainer. Rosehill I could take or leave depending on the hit. If it is reasonable I am all for it. I know some people don't want to have an enforcer on the team, but I like it provided he isn't making a ton of money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad