Confirmed with Link: Flyers Re-Sign Brian Elliott To One Year Deal $1.5M AAV for 20/21 season (bumped thread)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
b3s3qbf.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's a bit dangerous given a compressed schedule will force you to play him on a regular basis, and I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank.
But it may also show confidence in the Flyer goalie prospects, they didn't want to bring in a veteran backup who'd require multiple years on a deal, whether through free agency or a trade.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Don't we need to expose a goalie in the expansion draft? So wouldn't it have made more sense to sign him for two years and then buy him out if (when) he's not taken?

Obviously we won't be exposing Hart, so who are we exposing now? Lyon's contract ends at the same time as Elliotts too.

Reactions: TheKingPin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't we need to expose a goalie in the expansion draft? So wouldn't it have made more sense to sign him for two years and then buy him out if (when) he's not taken?

Obviously we won't be exposing Hart, so who are we exposing now? Lyon's contract ends at the same time as Elliotts too.

Sandstrom is eligible as a RFA.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
So, what are we looking at....$2m for Myers, $1m for Patrick?
I don't really see them standing pat, so it's probably a moot argument.

They might get them both at $1.75M, if they really have that much room (he says too lazy to look up Capfriendly).

I think they will deal Ghost if the return is good, and JVR just to get out from under the contract.

Rumours are rife they are looking at Laine and Gaudreau, we'll see. Hard to really predict what Chuckles will or can do.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Rumours are rife they are looking at Laine and Gaudreau, we'll see. Hard to really predict what Chuckles will or can do.

I think it's more speculation than rumours, they don't have the cap room, they have a loaded roster, so it would be pretty drastic to tear things up just to add a "name."

Reactions: Ginger Papa

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

As @deadhead said, Sandstrom as an RFA can be exposed, which is actually a godsend because I thought they'd have to sign Elliott (or go UFA hunting in a horrid backup goalie market) for 2 years.

1 more year of Elliott is tolerable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad