Flyers player Milestones 2017-18

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Jakub Voracek played his 487th game as a Flyer tonight.

He therefore passed Eric Lindros and Bernie Parent to go 37th all-time in games for the franchise.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
a9a1rg7hdv801.png

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Damn, G should be ahead of Lindros in 5th place by the end of this season.

Good for Reader to crack the top 50. Ghost is on 117, so he should knock Read into 51st sometime next season.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Looks like Giroux, barring a catastrophe will settle in at 2nd overall in points as a Flyer.

No doubt, name in the Flyers Hall of Fame and # retired.

Tbh this season and the elongation of his prime as a result certainly have firmly put him in the 'stats say he should be a HHoF barring massive fall-off' category. Before this year it was kind of 'Cusp HHoF' territory.

He is right around Modano and Sundin offensively at the same age...

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
Tbh this season and the elongation of his prime as a result certainly have firmly put him in the 'stats say he should be a HHoF barring massive fall-off' category. Before this year it was kind of 'Cusp HHoF' territory.

What a great player! Sometimes I am not sure all really appreciate how great a player he really is.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

Ya know, the HHoF is such a weird thing. They don't allow THAT many people yearly and damn are there some great ones coming up, plus you never know who will be eligible when G is. If, and it's a big if, he can get to 1,000 pts. I think he has a great shot.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Ya know, the HHoF is such a weird thing. They don't allow THAT many people yearly and damn are there some great ones coming up, plus you never know who will be eligible when G is. If, and it's a big if, he can get to 1,000 pts. I think he has a great shot.

I mean, I think objectively given his peak and prime he should be in. He has had a better peak and prime than ~40% of Fwds in the HHoF already.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
If NHL.com staff is correct, Ghost will get his first all star appearance. Different milestone but a milestone.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
If NHL.com staff is correct, Ghost will get his first all star appearance. Different milestone but a milestone.

Great for the 3X3 Games and the NHL... and well earned... but in this saturated League with every Team gettig at least one Player involved, and Ballot Stuffing causing some Teams to be allotted multiple Players... surely Ghost getting the nod means that Giroux, Jake, Coots, Provo and I guess even Elliot stand little to no chance of being selected.

All Star Status in the NHL is so rare nowadays... even for great players having great Seasons... G missing out this Season would IMO be a crime.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Great for the 3X3 Games and the NHL... and well earned... but in this saturated League with every Team gettig at least one Player involved, and Ballot Stuffing causing some Teams to be allotted multiple Players... surely Ghost getting the nod means that Giroux, Jake, Coots, Provo and I guess even Elliot stand little to no chance of being selected.

All Star Status in the NHL is so rare nowadays... even for great players having great Seasons... G missing out this Season would IMO be a crime.
Giroux was also listed by this same NHL.com staff
NHL.com staff selects its All-Star teams

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Giroux was also listed by this same NHL.com staff
NHL.com staff selects its All-Star teams

Never mind... Giroux was selected... now the bitching shifts to Jake and Ghost being snubbed.

Jake was the only scoring leader in the top ten IIRC that was not chosen... But, if the Flyers were to get only one Player, IMO Giroux is the fairest choice this Season.

Reactions: hayen

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Radko Gudas played in his 300th career NHL game tonight.

Claude Giroux got his 628th point as a Flyer (1st assist).
He therefore passed Mark Recchi for 8th all-time in franchise history.
Next up is John LeClair (643).

Sean Couturier got his 94th goal (1st goal) and 236th point (assist) as a Flyer tonight.
He therefore passed Desjardins (93) and Nolet (93) in goals.
He therefore passed Don Saleski (235) to go 38th in franchise points.
Next up in Brayden Schenn in both categories (109g, 246p).

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sean Couturier is playing in his 462nd game tonight for the franchise.

He therefore passes Jeff Carter (461) - the man he was in effect traded for - to go joint 41st all-time, tied with Mel Bridgman.

Next up is Tom Bladon (463).

Reactions: AdamParrot

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Tonight Wayne Simmonds is playing his 495th game for the franchise.

He has therefore passed Derrick Smith to go 34th all-time in games for the franchise.

Next up is Ross Lonsberry (497).

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Tonight Sean Couturier is playing his 464th game for the franchise.

He has therefore passed Tom Bladon to go 42nd all-time in games for the franchise.

Next up is Dave Poulin (467).

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The PP goal by Jakub Voracek was his 125th in Orange and Black.

He therefore went past Danny Briere (124) into 28th place in franchise history.

Next up are Bob Kelly & Mikael Renberg (both 128).

That goal by Jakub Voracek was also his 409th point in Orange and Black.

He therefore went past Ilkka Sinisalo (408) into 18th place in franchise history.

Next up is Murray Craven (424).

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I love these news!

And I hope and I believe that G, Coots and Provorov will be next players with 1000 GPs with Flyers. Maybe Ghost too?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Wayne Simmonds played his 498th game for the franchise last night.

He therefore passed Ross Lonsberry to go 33rd all-time.

Next up is the man who acquired Simmonds, Paul Holmgren (500).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad