News: Flyers planning to flip Johansen

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Am I remembering correctly that a player can only have salary retained twice? Both Nashville and Colorado both retained 50% each, so I don't think that PHI can retain if they move him. It would have to the Flyers taking a bad contract back with sweetners to even out the suckage.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
They were planning to flip him? I guess they thought there was a market for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Am I remembering correctly that a player can only have salary retained twice? Both Nashville and Colorado both retained 50% each, so I don't think that PHI can retain if they move him. It would have to the Flyers taking a bad contract back with sweetners to even out the suckage.
Nashville retained 50%. Colorado retained nothing.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
so since this did not happen (to no one's surprise) how awkward is that for the team and player going forward?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Forgot they had overlap in Columbus, clearly it didn’t last long. Did they have bad blood? Hard to tell from some of the quotes I’ve read.
It caught a lot of people's attention when Torts healthy scratched Joey pretty early into his tenure. A little under three months later, Seth Jones was a Blue Jacket and Joey was headed to Nashville.

And a few months after that, we picked up PLD, because the fun never ends around here.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Well, RyJo will be playing for his next contract next season. And Flyers could have room for him on the NHL roster as they continue their rebuild activities. A more-than-average entertaining scenario to consider in Flyerland.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Well, RyJo will be playing for his next contract next season. And Flyers could have room for him on the NHL roster as they continue their rebuild activities. A more-than-average entertaining scenario to consider in Flyerland.

There is absolutely zero (0) chance he plays for the Flyers while Torts is the coach. And Torts is coaching next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad