Speculation: Flyers need of a 3RW

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don't think Jones has a clue about the Flyers cap situation.

If they wanted to add a guy like Simmonds, they should not have added Braun at $3.8m.

The Flyers can make more trades, or Simmer can sign for whatever cap we have left after contracts. No one knows what our cap space looks like right now.

Jones knows what he's talking about. He's a national analyst and a local guy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers can make more trades, or Simmer can sign for whatever cap we have left after contracts. No one knows what our cap space looks like right now.

Jones knows what he's talking about. He's a national analyst and a local guy.

So Milbury knows what's going on with the Rags and Isles cap?

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
They are not all 3 years away for other teams.

Zamula-agreed
Kalynuk-could be 1 year away
Hogberg-playing in SHL now. Could be 1 year away
Ginning-see above
Bernhardt-see above
Millman-agreed

But again...I just let a kid play for that spot.

Actually....Leaf fans...Brown for Hagg?
What does "could be 1 year away" even mean? It would be a miracle if any of them turned out to be an NHL player, so why put a time table on it?

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Well obviously York, but he's not going to be traded now. Every other one of those guys is three years away at the very least.
Zamula and Ginning aren't 3+ years away imo. Ginning plays a mistake free shutdown safe game, I could see him being ready as soon as next year as a call up.

Reactions: HighOFFHockey

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Zamula and Ginning aren't 3+ years away imo. Ginning plays a mistake free shutdown safe game, I could see him being ready as soon as next year as a call up.

Ginning doesn’t have a spot with the Flyers.

Pretty eager to move on from the Hagg types

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Ginning doesn’t have a spot with the Flyers.

Pretty eager to move on from the Hagg types
I don't see Ginning as a Hagg type and im sure he turns into a serviceable NHL player. I agree he shouldn't have a spot on the roster due to defensive depth but I could see him being used due to him being one of the few defensive defensemen in the system and filling a need.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Toffoli+Lewis for Patrick?

giphy.gif

Reactions: flyersfan187

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I mean if Patrick has another 30 point season then I'd think you'd make that deal.

Patricks career high in points is 31... Toffoli's scored that many goals in a single season.

He's 20. Toffoli didn't score much more than him last year and he of course was not a sophomore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad