Speculation: Flyers need of a 3RW

rokkinman139

Jun 11, 2013
Skalica, Slovakia
They are not all 3 years away for other teams.

Zamula-agreed
Kalynuk-could be 1 year away
Hogberg-playing in SHL now. Could be 1 year away
Ginning-see above
Bernhardt-see above
Millman-agreed

But again...I just let a kid play for that spot.

Actually....Leaf fans...Brown for Hagg?
The Swedes could be closer, but they don't have anything that is particularly enticing. Hogberg and Bernhardt are solid over there, but unspectacular. Ginning, to me, is Robert Hagg V2. Kalynuk is probably not going to go from Wisconsin straight into the show. At least not as a full time guy. Two years then.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yeah Frolik is expiring and might be the guy. He had unreal chem with Voracek at the WCs too so that’s a look they could use if they need a shake up from time to time

Not sure if the cap works for Philly but a 3rd round pick would probably get it done

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Nope...can't afford that type of deal anymore.

Fair enough - does that mean the Flyers can't afford it cap wise or the value just isn't what you are looking for?

Frolik does however check all the boxes in regards to what the OP is looking for.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
No cap space available till we see what Provorov gets.

If he gets 7, Konency gets 5, and Laughton gets 2, then the remaining roster spots will be filled with prospects or $1m vets.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Fair enough - does that mean the Flyers can't afford it cap wise or the value just isn't what you are looking for?

Frolik does however check all the boxes in regards to what the OP is looking for.
Frolik the player is good. It's teh cap space the Flyers have left to sign Provy, Konecny and Laughton. That's why I prefer to just go cheap and let a kid like Frost grab that spot. Let him get his footing this year, ad Farabee the following year.

Reactions: HighLifeMan

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Frolik the player is good. It's teh cap space the Flyers have left to sign Provy, Konecny and Laughton. That's why I prefer to just go cheap and let a kid like Frost grab that spot. Let him get his footing this year, ad Farabee the following year.

That definitely makes sense.

Cheers.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Kings are going to be parting with Carter, Toffoli and Lewis at the deadline most likely. 3 different talents available for different prices but all could fit into that spot.

PhillyFaninMTL

Mar 30, 2016
Montreal
If you read the interviews from the Development Camp, it seems as though the kids are all aware and excited about the 1 open spot in the top 9.

I think it would be silly to sign/trade for another top 9 winger because then there will be no incentive for the young guys to work hard in the summer and battle it out in training camp. Give the 3RW spot to one of Frost, Farabee and Ratcliffe based on their camp performance. Realistically the first 3 lines will be relied upon for scoring, so it will not hurt any of the kids' development

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007

I don't think the Flyers have the money to spend 2.2 mil on a 3rd line winger BEFORE re-signing Provorov, Konecny and Laughton. But, yes, I like Brown.

The thing is, the Flyers need to take care of their own house first... even if it means finding help from within the system.... before they commit a couple mil to an outsider.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If you read the interviews from the Development Camp, it seems as though the kids are all aware and excited about the 1 open spot in the top 9.

I think it would be silly to sign/trade for another top 9 winger because then there will be no incentive for the young guys to work hard in the summer and battle it out in training camp. Give the 3RW spot to one of Frost, Farabee and Ratcliffe based on their camp performance. Realistically the first 3 lines will be relied upon for scoring, so it will not hurt any of the kids' development

Agreed.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Lindblom plays both sides as well as Raffl and Laughton can pivot to LW so there is flexibility there for one of the kids.

Farabee Patrick lindblom is an idea I like a lot but let them compete.

Reactions: lancer247

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
I Would like to see Farabee take the spot on merit. He reminds me of Gagne. Good one both ends and solid finisher. Intelligent player.

Other wise let Raffl, Laughton, Pitlick or Nic Aubel fight for those minutes until closer to Jan.
If they can’t sign someone like Donskoi in a good contract.

Listening to WIP this morning, Keith Jones thinks Simmer is a real possibility if he doesn’t get a good offer after July1. 3 year deal. Morganti says doesn’t make sense especially with JVR getting 1PP mins.

The problem is that you listen to WIP.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Option A....Farabee. Option B....Frost. Or vice versa, whichever you prefer. Doesn't really matter to me.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Honestly I could see the Habs taking a flyer on something like Morin + a pick (pick changes depending on the player) for one the of three not named Armia.

I'd probably do something like

Lehkonen + 4th or 5th
For
Morin+2nd

Or drop the picks from the habs and make the Philly pick a third.

Or

Byron+(late round pick)
For
Morin+2nd+(mid to late round pick)

Late round picks are for minor balancing with Philly's pick imo being a round or two early like a 5th from Philly and a sixth from Montreal etc.

Please god no. I don’t want anything to do with Morin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad