Flyers name Alain Vigneault head coach

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
How does AV continue to get head coaching jobs
Because he has a pretty good record? I mean he gets a lot of shit but he is better than the average NHL coach imo. He got a lot out of a NYR team with no elite skaters and a poor defensive group.

As a NYR fan i certainly know he has his weaknesses but all coaches do. AV doesnt trust his young players and isnt great at developing you talents. I do think he is a good coach when it comes to getting the most out of a group of players and with the skill level they have right now though. I think he will do fine in Philly, they need a coach that can help them win now and they have top end talent. I dont think AV is a bad choice in that situation.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
AV is a good hire for the next 3ish years. That's about it tho. So flyers fans should be excited for the near term future.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t understand the hate, the guy have bring his 2 last team in the final. Look at the last HC that won the Cup(Trotz,Suillvan,Quennville,Sutter,Julien). They where all guys with experience and who where not with there 1st team.

i love this hire and i question the haters, who else do you want? after av, it's slop.

Reactions: PoutineHabs

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I wrote on the Flyers board a week or so ago that AV wasn’t the right fit for them, not going to go into detail but his style won’t fit imo

Although I do think Flyers fans will like him at first, they’ll turn on him within a year and a half or so

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I don’t understand the hate, the guy have bring his 2 last team in the final. Look at the last HC that won the Cup(Trotz,Suillvan,Quennville,Sutter,Julien). They where all guys with experience and who where not with there 1st team.

Every player on the Rangers roster progressively got worse each and every year under AV.

Kreider, Miller, McDonagh, Hayes, Nash, Stepan, Zuccarello, etc.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
In other news, the Buffalo Sabres have changed their minds and re-hired Phil Housley.
giphy.gif

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Man could you imagine being fired multiple times in your field of work only to be rehired constantly????

And get this your paid millions on top of it all .

He went to the finals in his last two coaching jobs. It's not like he was a failure the last time around . Almost every coaching gig only lasts a few years. Its rare for coaches to last more than 4 season in general. Doesn't even really matter what sport you're looking at coaches that last 10 or more years are really really rare.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
AV also won a lot of playoff series against Pens, Caps etc when NYR had a worse team on paper imo. I think he is a solid coach that fits the win now mentality in Philly very well.

Reactions: Fixxer and Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3