Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Jets - Feb 12 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
A smart stats guy from TO (@steveburtch) has an interesting piece coming out about Reimer comparing him to pretty much every goalie prospect from the last 15 years.

I quizzed him on it and he hinted that Reimer and Dubnyk are projecting better than Pav based on historical comparisons. Not sure where Montoya would have ranked or if he made the list. I am curious to see what the final post contains. I will post it for discussion when he publishes it.

OK, let's have some fun here...
So, all of a sudden Reims is injured and it looks he might be out for a while...for most of the rest of the season, or longer if it's an MCL tear or ACL...just as Leafs Nation is intoxicated with the prospect of a winning season.
As panic sets in, they start to look desperately for a starting NHL goaltender, any bona fide starter, to keep their Cup hopes alive, and settle on someone with big-league skill, despite his so-so stats and an unjustifiably hefty contract? This is the year for the Leafs, it is their destiny. They know it'll cost them big-time, but they can't wait any longer.
Follow my drift?
Hint: It's not Luongo.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
So, all of a sudden Reims is injured and it looks he might be out for a while...for most of the rest of the season, or longer if it's an MCL tear or ACL...just as Leafs Nation is intoxicated with the prospect of a winning season.
As panic sets in, they start to look desperately for a starting NHL goaltender, any bona fide starter, to keep their Cup hopes alive, and settle on someone with big-league skill, despite his so-so stats and an unjustifiably hefty contract? This is the year for the Leafs, it is their destiny. They know it'll cost them big-time, but they can't wait any longer.
Follow my drift?

The underlying numbers day suggest thatvthe Leafs are a bad team being carried by a good goalie and good luck.

Many including JVR and especially Frattin have been playing over their heads.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
oooooh Ohhhhhhhh I know I know
wwe-raw-20120207032626790.gif

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Follow my drift?

With his contract and numbers, I'm pretty sure Pavs could fetch us a late 4th rounder right now.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Getting Flyers on their second game in two nights, in our barn ... we Need to win this game.

Predicting Jets 9 Flyers 8.

Go Jets Go !!

:yo:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Follow my drift?

Then the team that trades this goalie to the Leafs ends up getting a poor return for a goalie with sub-par numbers (in 10 games, it bears saying) on a long contract, effectively selling at the lowest point possible, and is stuck with a former 1st round pick who couldn't keep the starting job in a mess of a team, and an unproven backup, and have multiple bottom 5 finishes.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Philly vs Jets with healthy D, OMG OMG OMHGOMGHO MGOMOGOMGOMG OMG. It's like X-Mass for the 1st time.

Whats the Over Under, thoughts?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
@BroadStBull
Sounds like Couturier (flu) will be sent home and will not go to Winnipeg for Tues. game. #Flyers

The Great Malkin Buster will not be coming to play against the Jets...

You know... the one that when on the ice Malkin has only 22.40 scoring chances per 20 minutes rather than the huge 22.04 scoring chances per 20 minutes he normally has...

What's that? That's not improvement? So, Couturier wasn't shutting down Malkin??? oh...

All part of the urban myth garret.....common man you're buzz killing the "rookie mistake" brigades man crush!!! :sarcasm:

Sean is solid young player.......and "maybe" we should have drafted him (we shall see in a few years)......but he is right up there with the most overrated young players on HFBoards.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Is 11pm Winnipeg time too early to post the game day thread? This guy's gotta go to bed!

Generally speaking, yes. ;) :laugh:

Tell ya what, post it if you gotta and I can delete it and then either myself or another mod can un-delete it at midnight CT. One hour from now. :)

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Buff's back, they're playing at home and the Flyers goaltending is making the Jets look like they've got a Vancouver-situation going on. I predict the post-game thread will be joyous.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Buff's back, they're playing at home and the Flyers goaltending is making the Jets look like they've got a Vancouver-situation going on. I predict the post-game thread will be joyous.

I agree vBurmi.

Flyers look awful. Jets are getting Buff back (most likely). This is a game the Jets 'should' win, if I can say that without jinxing this whole thing. Taking my daughter, so i'm hoping for a big win.

I'm predicting a very solid game played by the home squad, leading to a 4-1 victory.

Kane with a pair, Welly and Big Buff (on the powerplay).

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Since the GDT is all up and junk we should ummm go over there to talk about the game and stuff.

Brosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad