Confirmed with Link: Flyers hiring John Torchetti as assistant coach. Yes, he used to work for the Wild (Fwds and PP)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thx a lot! Take your time:)
Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 1.31.44 PM.png

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
How the f*** is anyone on here defending blatantly incompetent cronyism?

I don't use the ignore list because I love the drama, but seriously, I smoke the really good stuff but I definitely don't want whatever some of you smoke...
Who would agree to a three month assistant coaching position on one of the worst teams in hockey without having a relationship with some of the people in the organization?

And why would the organization hire someone they've never worked with for a 3-month assistant coaching stint?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Who would agree to a three month assistant coaching position on one of the worst teams in hockey without having a relationship with some of the people in the organization?

And why would the organization hire someone they've never worked with for a 3-month assistant coaching stint?
who needs him for 3 months? Your rly think he can rescue was is wrong in the last 5 years? Its another get money for the miNNy family thingy

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Last time he worked (IIRC) was with the Moncton Wildcats in the Q where he was suddenly fired right before Covid hit in 2020 despite the team playing amazing and being the top CHL contenders and by all accounts was loved by the whole team.

There were rumours in Moncton of some major gambling/addiction issues which led to the owner letting him go since that’s a BIG no-no in his businesses. Just Rumours at this point though.

He likely accepted the job to build back his reputation if true and get back into the hockey world.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Last time he worked (IIRC) was with the Moncton Wildcats in the Q where he was suddenly fired right before Covid hit in 2020 despite the team playing amazing and being the top CHL contenders and by all accounts was loved by the whole team.

There were rumours in Moncton of some major gambling/addiction issues which led to the owner letting him go since that’s a BIG no-no in his businesses. Just Rumours at this point though.

He likely accepted the job to build back his reputation if true and get back into the hockey world.
Interesting. Was wondering what the story was there.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Interesting. Was wondering what the story was there.
Yeah it was never really confirmed. The Ivrings (owners of Moncton) keep a VERY tight lip on any internal issues so it’s likely never going to become confirmed public knowledge but there were a lot of convincing first hand comments/interactions that make them seem believable. Add in that they fired a first place team coach that was like 18-2 in their last 20 games and only wrote a press release saying he’s been terminated from his position without any explanation or “thanks/wishes” for the employee like you normally see and it it starts to add up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

It feels like we shouldn't comment much on this, just because it's dangerous to do so, but if this is true ... I mean, how many times is this kind of shit going to be allowed to happen? Signing homeless scrubs like Chris Stewart and Nate Thompson is on one level, or signing all the Minnesota crap as a favor to them, and doesn't rise to the level of this Torchetti tomf***ery, but for f***'s sake - is this a business or an island of misfit cronies? That's a rhetorical question, so don't f***ing at me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad