GDT: Flyers @ Hawks 6:30 TNT 2/21/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He played really well. Really didn’t see anyone whine about him not having any points.
But the guy who I quoted is just in this board to basically troll and say dumb stuff. Nothing he said made sense at all.
I honestly think he's not even trying to troll. I think he's some delusional old man who has no idea wtf he's talking about at any given moment in time.

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
LOL .... that one did.

Reminds of when Kaner would play like shit and would still come out with 2 or 3 pts in a losing cause.... and some folks were happy with it. That's not how this game works for winning teams.
How'd that work for the Hawks from 2010-2015? Without Kane, the Hawks probably have... exactly zero Cups. Blows my mind that you continually shit on one of the greatest offensive talents to ever play the game, and a guaranteed first ballot HoFer, especially considering he was a part of your favorite team. :facepalm:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
LOL .... that one did.

Reminds of when Kaner would play like shit and would still come out with 2 or 3 pts in a losing cause.... and some folks were happy with it. That's not how this game works for winning teams.
Can’t really help you with all of that. You gotta do you my man. But that guy is here to just be a fecal stirrer.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
All the piling on ... take your pick .... on Tinordi, Seth, KK, Richardson, Sodo. Gets depressing listen to the agendas of folks.

Can’t really help you with all of that. You gotta do you my man. But that guy is here to just be a fecal stirrer.
LOL .... okay.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I honestly think he's not even trying to troll. I think he's some delusional old man who has no idea wtf he's talking about at any given moment in time.
Maybe. The guy would just have weird obsession with Johnson and now with our golden boy. Think he’s just someone’s alternate account so they can have internet fun with themselves and a bunch of other folks on a message board.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Seth Jones has 12 shot attempts tonight, 3 of them got through on net.

Using him in critical situations is fine this year because it’s now a hard tank. But it’ll just be added to the list of what are the coaches thinking if it’s not addressed next year. Hawks being unable to score in those situations is directly related to him.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Let us all be honest...AKLTge unsigned vets on the team akk should not be with the Hawks in 2024/25 season.

And if they could getcrisxof $9 5 they woukd .but they can't so stuck with humans alk his flaws let alone the cap hit
KK is learning on the job..butagain be honest. If they coukd havevplaued in in tge AHL ..where he belonged to learn.

KD needs to add co.oetent effective forwards who can skate check and score...plus dmen with better talent both in scoring goals...transition creativity ,and physical challenge to the ooos.

Itvis alk a tall order..Rone not built in a day...Hawksxwill not fix all the flaws nextcsesson..but the goal is to improve each season going forward from this awful mess this season..so that by 3-4years fron now all tgevkeyboiecesxforcsuccess will be wearing Hawks uniforms.

The draft and freexagency both need to supply the solutions.

BIT re-assembking this roster of this season is completely out of the question..

You cannot go 23 games i a row without T Johnson bue bue..Entwhistke andxR Johnson
byevbye..FikjersxlikecBlackell or Beauvilkier are realky nothing ..bye bye. scoringv(Raddysh)..

Hawks needctobget the nobodies of other teams who are yet goidcenough to scorevon us.Just get us sone comoetentvplayersxwho can beat goalies and actuakky stick aon their checks and stop them fron scoring.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He did say "You were slow."

Meaning in the moment, like he clarified it. Lol.

Still a hell of a mic'd up moment, though. Love the relationship those two have. Bedard is learning from a consummate pro, and someone who has always played the game the right way.

Foligno is a gem. Ima go on record in saying not counting hopefully our "Hossa" signing in the future, this will be the best FA signing Davidson will ever have. He is gonna mean so much to that room in the future. Bedard is going to be a terrific leader because of it down the road.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
View attachment 823517
Instead of skating through this play and poking it to his partner in support he bails and wraps the guy up in the corner. It ends up working out as Foligno gets down low for additional puck support and they win the 3 on 3 and get it out. Should have been an easier play. I'm not even saying he is playing bad. He's been good today. Just these type of plays are where he can improve simply by paying the price.
Not really sure why you felt the need to post a screen grab. I am not disagreeing with what happened, I am just disagreeing that this is a big enough deal to be harping on it like you are. Yeah, he may have been able to get there first and poked it to Seth. Or he could have gotten smoked on the play. Or the Philly F could have anticipated he was going to poke it around the boards and gotten it before Seth. Instead, Korchinski allowed the F to get there first and pinned him, which as you said worked out fine because he had support.

Again, you seem to have this weird fascination with his physicality. If I remember correctly you had the same issues with Vlasic last year.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Check the account's post history, they used to complain about Tyler Johnson's usage in Tampa nonstop and said they "knew" the grandparents of a member of the Lightning at the time, now they constantly pump Johnson's tires here and whine about Bedard getting too much ice time. Non-zero chance it's a relative of Johnson's going haywire or something like that
Boxcar syndrome

Reactions: Pez68 and ClydeLee

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Not really sure why you felt the need to post a screen grab. I am not disagreeing with what happened, I am just disagreeing that this is a big enough deal to be harping on it like you are. Yeah, he may have been able to get there first and poked it to Seth. Or he could have gotten smoked on the play. Or the Philly F could have anticipated he was going to poke it around the boards and gotten it before Seth. Instead, Korchinski allowed the F to get there first and pinned him, which as you said worked out fine because he had support.

Again, you seem to have this weird fascination with his physicality. If I remember correctly you had the same issues with Vlasic last year.
Why wouldn’t I post a screen grab on the play I was discussing? Why is everything weird? I disagree with your assessment of the play because turning a 2 on 1 into a 3 on 3 board battle isn’t good percentage wise. Worked out this time, sure.

I’m not looking for Korchinski (or Vlasic) to run people over and play like Chara. You don’t need to be physical but you need to be assertive. Vlasic went through times last year where he was big and soft. He learned.

Ask a ton of people who were down on Vlasic in here and they’ll tell you that was why. Korchinski shows some of the similar lack of assertiveness that Vlasic showed last year.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Why wouldn’t I post a screen grab on the play I was discussing? Why is everything weird? I disagree with your assessment of the play because turning a 2 on 1 into a 3 on 3 board battle isn’t good percentage wise. Worked out this time, sure.

I didn't see the point of posting a screen grab of the play because I am not disagreeing on what happened on the play. I don't even think we necessarily disagree on what Korchinski should have done on the play (I agree that his best play was to get there first and move it to Seth). I was just pointing out that what he did (allow the F to get there first and effectively pin him to the wall and allow his support to get the puck) isn't some indictment of his physicality or a play worthy of posting about. I find it "weird" because this seems to be a common theme with you: harping on young defensemen's lack of physicality. Its also "weird" because in this particular game Korchinski was probably our best defenseman and there were plenty of other things to, rightfully, complain about.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I don’t think there’s a problem saying Korchinski and Alex could be more physical in the corners. Not talking big hits but being more aggressive on the pucks. That being said both have been solid as a rookie and really good as a second year player essentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig