Confirmed with Link: Flyers have re-signed F Jason Akeson to a one-year, two-way contract

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He showed in game 7 that he can score a goal out of nothing. We need guys like that on the team.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
more goals than Kuznetsov,Laughton,Forsberg combined.
Rinaldo confirmed GOAT.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
more goals than Kuznetsov,Laughton,Forsberg combined.
Rinaldo confirmed GOAT.

On another note, I am not a huge fan of Forsberg. He feel in the draft some and then was traded quickly by the team that took that chance. GM's and scouts are worried about his progression. People say that Washington was bent over in that trade but I am still thinking it will be a lose-lose trade for both.

Nashville can suffer for all I care as well.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Akeson is in a weird spot. I don't see him as a successful bottom six player. He has a top-6 sort of skillset...it remains to be seen if he can be NHL quality for a season though. I'm hoping this is his year...that would make life much easier for the team. Umberger can slot into a bottom 6 role, Schenn takes 1LW.

I agree. He played well in the playoffs with Couts and Read. Let him play and let's see what we REALLY have with him. If after 25-40 games it is obvious he is hurting us, make a move.

He has talent. And we are a team that can always use cheap talent. Let him have 2nd PP time and actually feel like a NHL player. I think if we give him the time and he has the confidence, he could be a pleasant surprise this year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
He showed in game 7 that he can score a goal out of nothing. We need guys like that on the team.

I've got no beef with giving Akeson a shot to make this team. And depending on how the rest of the offseason shakes out, I think he has a legitimate shot to make this team out of camp. That being said, scoring a goal one time doesn't show that he can do anything. Plenty of guys "score a goal out of nothing" at some point. Akeson just happened to it very on in his career. I wouldn't anticipate that with any regularity.

SheasRebellion6

Jan 17, 2012
Claude should keep mini G to himself in light of recent events. In all seriousness though, not a bad signing.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I like Akeson. I think he did pretty well with Couturier and Read and it gave that line some extra creativity, something it was missing since Downie's concussion. 3 goals in the 9 games he's played is pretty good.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Schenn Giroux Voracek

Akeson Couts Read

Umberger Schenn Simmonds

Raffl Laughton Bellemare

Coburn Streit

MacD Schenn

Timonen Alt

Mason

Emery

Better or Worse then last year?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Far too much Schenn.

How is he going to work the left wing, center, and whatever line of work I set up for him to prepare him for his imminent retirement all at once?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Akeson is in a weird spot. I don't see him as a successful bottom six player. He has a top-6 sort of skillset...it remains to be seen if he can be NHL quality for a season though. I'm hoping this is his year...that would make life much easier for the team. Umberger can slot into a bottom 6 role, Schenn takes 1LW.

I think this is a pretty good assessment of Akeson, and to be honest a lot of guys have fallen into this weird category. Skilled guys that aren't good enough to take up a top 6 spot but don't provide the qualities of a bottom 6er either.

fauxflex

Sep 5, 2009
Akeson has done nothing but work hard and produce, at every level, quieting doubters and naysayers along the way. He was one of the bright spots for the Flyers in the playoff series against NY, which counts for something.

I've been pulling for this kid ever since we signed him. There were many doubters who told me this undrafted, smallish kid who isn't a speedster would never make it, many of them on this board. I see some of you are starting to change your views...but there are still some doubters Akeson needs to convince...it Looks like he's going to get his shot to do just that. I hope he is put in a role/position to succeed.

I think he's capable of putting up something like 35-55 points this season, depending on his role. If he sticks, there's upside to that number in subsequent seasons. This kid was an OHL stud (won four major awards), has led his AHL team in points for the past three years and did quite well in all of his NHL games thus far. He's really skilled and I see a lot of promise.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Akeson will be one of the top call ups in case of an injury. Some of his positives are that he is good with the puck with his passing and scoring and he is a very smart hockey player. The negatives are his size because you could tell he was just over powered a lot out there so a full NHL season would not be kind to him. Which is why I would have him as one of the top call ups that way he doesn't have to play the whole season and it will keep him fresh.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Akeson has done nothing but work hard and produce, at every level, quieting doubters and naysayers along the way. He was one of the bright spots for the Flyers in the playoff series against NY, which counts for something.

I've been pulling for this kid ever since we signed him. There were many doubters who told me this undrafted, smallish kid who isn't a speedster would never make it, many of them on this board. I see some of you are starting to change your views...but there are still some doubters Akeson needs to convince...it Looks like he's going to get his shot to do just that. I hope he is put in a role/position to succeed.

I think he's capable of putting up something like 35-55 points this season, depending on his role. If he sticks, there's upside to that number in subsequent seasons. This kid was an OHL stud (won four major awards), has led his AHL team in points for the past three years and did quite well in all of his NHL games thus far. He's really skilled and I see a lot of promise.

AMEN! I've been a big supporter since we signed him, but when he got demoted to the ECHL, and responded by dominating his way back up the ranks...That blew me away. You don't see humble skill-guys with a willingness to work hard and learn the tougher parts of the game.

That's why I knew when he took the double minor he'd bounce back. Tough and determined kid.

And he made our 2nd PP come alive! Also chemistry with Cooter for sure...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad