Confirmed with Link: Flyers have re-signed F Jason Akeson to a one-year, two-way contract

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Akeson is a good AHL player thats it..

He's got the potential to be better that (i.e. bottom run NHL player), but right now I don't think there is too much to get excited about. He should be given a look in training camp though to fill an open spot.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
He's got the potential to be better that (i.e. bottom run NHL player), but right now I don't think there is too much to get excited about. He should be given a look in training camp though to fill an open spot.

I agree he gets a look at camp but just dont see him as a regular in our lineup.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I still think he's gonna have a tough time cracking the roster with the frenchy & some of the AHL kids who are better suited for bottom 6 roles than him coming into camp as well so not shocked to see a 2-way deal.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Niiice, I like Akeson. He really showed up for the Flyers during the (short lived) playoffs. He definitely deserves a shot this coming season.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Do one and two way contracts have different implications for cap calculation or waivers? Could be why.

IIRC, it means you get paid differently in the AHL. So he makes the $750k or whatever it is in the NHL, but something lower in the AHL. Something like that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Akeson is in a weird spot. I don't see him as a successful bottom six player. He has a top-6 sort of skillset...it remains to be seen if he can be NHL quality for a season though. I'm hoping this is his year...that would make life much easier for the team. Umberger can slot into a bottom 6 role, Schenn takes 1LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad