Flyers "Flight Plan": New Behind the Scenes Series

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I remember that standing ovation Mario got in Philly, I was young but I remember it. It didn't really mean much to me at the time but that's pretty cool. I love how Flyers fans hated the Penguins but didn't really hate Mario, because he was a professional. The same can't be said for Crosby.

I want to take it a step further and call out Pens fans who were so classless as to laugh and call Lindros an egg head. It's no wonder they have such a bad reputation. These videos brought back some memories of all the **** the Pens have pulled the last couple years (Adam's pulling Hartnell's hair, Letang jumping Kimmo, Crosby slashing G's wrists leading to surgeries, Neal's dirty hits on Couts and G, Asham's cross check to Schenn's throat and then punching the back of his head while he was face down on the ice, Malkin's knee on knee with Grossmann, Malkin's crosscheck to the back or Biron's head, Malkin's crosscheck to Gagne's head, Kunitz grinding his elbow into Hartnell's head while Hartnell was on the ice after a big scrum, having Cooke during his worst years, the list goes on and on).

So scummy.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I remember that standing ovation Mario got in Philly, I was young but I remember it. It didn't really mean much to me at the time but that's pretty cool. I love how Flyers fans hated the Penguins but didn't really hate Mario, because he was a professional. The same can't be said for Crosby.

I want to take it a step further and call out Pens fans who were so classless as to laugh and call Lindros an egg head. It's no wonder they have such a bad reputation. These videos brought back some memories of all the **** the Pens have pulled the last couple years (Adam's pulling Hartnell's hair, Letang jumping Kimmo, Crosby slashing G's wrists leading to surgeries, Neal's dirty hits on Couts and G, Asham's cross check to Schenn's throat and then punching the back of his head while he was face down on the ice, Malkin's knee on knee with Grossmann, Malkin's crosscheck to the back or Biron's head, Malkin's crosscheck to Gagne's head, Kunitz grinding his elbow into Hartnell's head while Hartnell was on the ice after a big scrum, having Cooke during his worst years, the list goes on and on).

So scummy.

But but but you threw batteries at Santa!!! Classless Philthadelphia. :sarcasm:

I love when people say **** like that when people mention other teams/fans doing dirty things. As if every Philly fan was there doing it and now that means their teams and fans get a free pass.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010

So scummy.

Yep, I was actually at his last game... don't remember much since I was so young.. but that was my first ever game. I remember people hanging stuffed penguins here and there, lol.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
And again, this episode provided almost nothing new. Hopefully the episode about the draft will be a good one. I'm sure they could easily do an hour episode even without this kind of re-run ********.

I don't exactly rush to watch them anymore. :p:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's honestly amazing to me how horrible the quality of these videos are... not just the content either. I'm talking about the editing, audio, graphics, narration, intro... everything. You'd think it would at least be semi decent considering how big the Flyers organization is.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
It's honestly amazing to me how horrible the quality of these videos are... not just the content either. I'm talking about the editing, audio, graphics, narration, intro... everything. You'd think it would at least be semi decent considering how big the Flyers organization is.

I totally agree with you. Give me a camera or two and the access they had, and I could do a better job with Windows Movie Maker or with some other basic/crappy software.

MadFerIt95*

These were OK and had some funny moments, but I expected a lot more. The Bruins "Behind the B" are each like 20 minutes and have Denis ****ing Leary narrating them. Now I'm not the biggest Leary fan but it's still pretty cool that a famous actor does their show. The camera work and effects and all that is also better.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Yeah, Flight Plan pales in comparison to the Behind the B. This one was particularly awful. Just some new camera angles of the press conference we all saw last week. And I doubt they try to do anything particularly insightful around the draft after what happened with last year's draft board fiasco.

However, it is nice to have an audible GM now.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Yeah, Flight Plan pales in comparison to the Behind the B. This one was particularly awful. Just some new camera angles of the press conference we all saw last week. And I doubt they try to do anything particularly insightful around the draft after what happened with last year's draft board fiasco.

However, it is nice to have an audible GM now.

They could follow the player we draft in the first round and give us a really good look at what happens behind the scenes. I don't expect them to get in the War Room this time.

RJ8812*

This series has been a complete dud. Absolutely nothing to gain from it

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Amen. After watching the draft one, I thought this could really be something. After viewing the rest of them, not so much. Like someone else above said, watch "Behind the B". That's pretty good.
That's exactly what I did, and came to post what utter crap Flight Plan has been in comparison to it. I see you beat me to it, though. I don't know about the other ones (Oilers, Pens, Wild, Stars etc.), but ours offered so little insight into anything that it's just sad. It started out somewhat alright with the draft discussion, but after that it was downhill fast. If they plan on releasing these, I hope they get their act together and actually produce something that is worth watching.

RJ8812*

The Habs have a good one too, but I don't watch it because I can't stand that entire franchise, especially Subban

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Here's what they should do: put a 24/7 camera on Zac Rinaldo, every once in awhile put him in a random "game" situation -- toss a puck on the kitchen floor, dress his waiter in a Penguins jersey, have the guy next to him waiting in line to taunt him ("C'mon big guy, let's go."), etc. -- and see how he does. Call it Fight Plan.

You're welcome, Flyers Front Office.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
The Habs have a good one too, but I don't watch it because I can't stand that entire franchise, especially Subban
I can't stand Montreal, either, but I've grown to like Subban. I think his playoff beard is what won me over. I guess if I have the time, I'll give it a try, though I might try the Oilers or the Wild first.

Still, the Flyers really should have put something better out. For example, it was good hearing interactions between the Bruins and the other players on the ice shown on Behind the B, since it often showed players apologizing for bad hits or making sure the other one is alright and such. I didn't know that was how players behaved. Certainly, that was not how I behaved when I played junior soccer :laugh: And then with the Flyers, it was just recording conversations on the bench or the stupid Giroux pigeon. Nothing new.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Here's what they should do: put a 24/7 camera on Zac Rinaldo, every once in awhile put him in a random "game" situation -- toss a puck on the kitchen floor, dress his waiter in a Penguins jersey, have the guy next to him waiting in line to taunt him ("C'mon big guy, let's go."), etc. -- and see how he does. Call it Fight Plan.

You're welcome, Flyers Front Office.

:laugh: That sounds like a Jackass skit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad