Proposal: Flyers / Flames blockbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
I question the knowledge and intent of any Flyers fan who agrees to give up the equivalent of three first round picks for Doug Hamilton. What a completely illogical thing for the team to do. Not to mention why is the cost now three firsts when he was traded for a first and two seconds. His game didn’t improve so much as to warrant the ridiculous asking price.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Oh, is that defender going to magically clone himself and play goalie at an above .920 level as well?

Edit: And why exactly are we moving our best D prospect our best forward prospect and an additional 1st for someone who would be a second pairing defenseman here
Obviously you dont pay very close attention to your own team if you dont think Hamilton wouldnt be a huge addition to the Flyers. They currently have two really good D, some prospects who may or may not work out, and a bunch of slop. If a large part of the fanbase wasnt so obsessed with prospects they would realize just how badly the team needs to add to their top four, and in this case its a 25 year old we are talking about who has several prime years left.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I question the knowledge and intent of any Flyers fan who agrees to give up the equivalent of three first round picks for Doug Hamilton. What a completely illogical thing for the team to do. Not to mention why is the cost now three firsts when he was traded for a first and two seconds. His game didn’t improve so much as to warrant the ridiculous asking price.
I hope you keep enjoying MacDonald and Gudas in the top four.

Reactions: Vancouver Canucks

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
I hope you keep enjoying MacDonald and Gudas in the top four.

Haven’t changed a bit have you. I left the board 4 years ago and just came back. You are still the same negative contrary person I remember. Whatever. The fact you even proposed this trade speaks volumes.

Not to mention the top four is

Provy/Ghost
Sanheim/ Gudas

One out of 2 is 50%. That’s a failing grade for you. Keep thinking you’re smarter than everyone else if it makes you feel better though .

Reactions: Devonator

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
From the Hamilton/Bennett thread that you posted in multiple times... Its like you're trying to bring down his value so the flames trade him for Brown and Gardiner.

"There are 77 NHL defensemen that played more than 1250 minutes last year.
In that group of 77 Hamilton is ....
2nd in CF%
2nd in Shot differential
34th in goal differential
3rd in scoring chance differential
2nd in high danger chance differential
Someone above mentioned he gives up too many scoring chances.
he gave up the 12th least of the 77 in scoring chances against
he gave up the 10th least of the 77 in high danger chances against
he was ranked 56th in on ice shooting percentage and
62nd in on ice save percentage suggesting he was somewhat unlucky last season.
In the last 10 years here are the top 5 d-men by points before their 25th birthday.
Karlsson - GP: 397 P: 303 +/-: -19
Doughty - GP: 442 P: 221 +/-: 36
Hamilton - GP: 423 P:220 +/-:22
Pietrangelo - GP:386 P: 218 +/-: 43
Ekman Larsson - GP: 415 P:209 +/-: -20"

I'd rather have brown answer gardener than Hamilton. We need good defensive players. Hamilton is not good defensively and gardeners contract is up next season. Hoping not to re sign him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Obviously you dont pay very close attention to your own team if you dont think Hamilton wouldnt be a huge addition to the Flyers. They currently have two really good D, some prospects who may or may not work out, and a bunch of slop. If a large part of the fanbase wasnt so obsessed with prospects they would realize just how badly the team needs to add to their top four, and in this case its a 25 year old we are talking about who has several prime years left.

Lol. I never said he wouldn't be a huge addition. And Yeah, at the expense of the future, our only real remaining top 6 forward prospects and best d prospect. Meanwhile, arent even ready to compete now, so adding him probably doesnt even get us past the penguins in this playoff series. But sure. Let's go full Holmgren and try to make a contender out of a bubble team. That's worked really well in the past.

Also, I enjoy the hyperbole of "flyers fans think morin/myers/sanheim are future HoF".
They dont need to be. We just need them to be good middle pairing d-men since we already have a top pair that is insanely effective.

If this deal was for someone like Tanev, who wouldn't cost the world to acquire? Sure. Let's do it. But it's a waste of future assets to bring in a 3rd top pairing d man when we dont need a top pairing d man. But what do I know, I apparently dont follow the flyers or what they've been trying to build for the last 3 4 years.

Reactions: pmwlker

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I'd rather have brown answer gardener than Hamilton. We need good defensive players. Hamilton is not good defensively and gardeners contract is up next season. Hoping not to re sign him.

How exactly is he not good defensively? You mean he's too offensive?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Haven’t changed a bit have you. I left the board 4 years ago and just came back. You are still the same negative contrary person I remember. Whatever.
Way to deflect from the topic when it doesnt support your argument. What about my comment isnt true? Flyers fans constantly whine about guys like MacDonald and Gudas getting top four minutes but then say stupid things like "I really question any Flyers fan who wouls give up this much for a player we dont need." Cant have it both ways.

Reactions: Vancouver Canucks

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
From the Hamilton/Bennett thread that you posted in multiple times... Its like you're trying to bring down his value so the flames trade him for Brown and Gardiner.

"There are 77 NHL defensemen that played more than 1250 minutes last year.
In that group of 77 Hamilton is ....
2nd in CF%
2nd in Shot differential
34th in goal differential
3rd in scoring chance differential
2nd in high danger chance differential
Someone above mentioned he gives up too many scoring chances.
he gave up the 12th least of the 77 in scoring chances against
he gave up the 10th least of the 77 in high danger chances against
he was ranked 56th in on ice shooting percentage and
62nd in on ice save percentage suggesting he was somewhat unlucky last season.
In the last 10 years here are the top 5 d-men by points before their 25th birthday.
Karlsson - GP: 397 P: 303 +/-: -19
Doughty - GP: 442 P: 221 +/-: 36
Hamilton - GP: 423 P:220 +/-:22
Pietrangelo - GP:386 P: 218 +/-: 43
Ekman Larsson - GP: 415 P:209 +/-: -20"

Cool, you can keep him. We don't need him for the price Flames are asking.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Lol. I never said he wouldn't be a huge addition. And Yeah, at the expense of the future, our only real remaining top 6 forward prospects and best d prospect. Meanwhile, arent even ready to compete now, so adding him probably doesnt even get us past the penguins in this playoff series. But sure. Let's go full Holmgren and try to make a contender out of a bubble team. That's worked really well in the past.

Also, I enjoy the hyperbole of "flyers fans think morin/myers/sanheim are future HoF".
They dont need to be. We just need them to be good middle pairing d-men since we already have a top pair that is insanely effective.

If this deal was for someone like Tanev, who wouldn't cost the world to acquire? Sure. Let's do it. But it's a waste of future assets to bring in a 3rd top pairing d man when we dont need a top pairing d man. But what do I know, I apparently dont follow the flyers or what they've been trying to build for the last 3 4 years.
Like I said to other guy who was whining, if that is your opinion than I hope you continue to enjoy slop like Macdonald and Gudas in the top four. Also, no hockey fan with knowledge or GM for that matter said their team couldnt use another top pairing defender. Especially for a team who has two good D, some prospects wgo have proven nothing, and junk. You are way in over your head with this.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yet again you deflect and insult because you know you are badly beaten and have nothing to say after you got called out for talking out of both sides of your mouth. "Flyers defense sucks, but we dont have a spot for a 25 year old top four D." Cant make this up.
Yeah, I agree Gudas and MacDonald have to go. I think Sanheim and Morin, or even Myers, can replace them easily.

Reactions: Devonator

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Like I said to other guy who was whining, if that is your opinion than I hope you continue to enjoy slop like Macdonald and Gudas in the top four. Also, no hockey fan with knowledge or GM for that matter said their team couldnt use another top pairing defender. Especially for a team who has two good D, some prospects wgo have proven nothing, and junk. You are way in over your head with this.

Whining? lol. You are a trip man.

Whether we acquire Hamilton or not, MacDonald is playing on this team. Do i like it? No. But i accept that that is the coachs decision for the time he's here.

Want to know what acquiring Hamilton makes us? The flames. A team with 3 top pairing d - a great first line, a decent 2nd line, bad goaltending and a questionable bottom 6. How has that worked out for them?

And im the one over my head? Lol. Your proposal isn't in line with what Hextall has stated he was doing, and you refuse to acknowledge it. Sorry that Holmgren isn't around anymore to try and expedite things for quick glory for you anymore. It must be really hard for you, watching this team make the playoffs but do nothing.. oh right - like we did under Holmgren.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You would think, and yet they havent. Hell, Sanheim and Morin couldnt even beat out Hagg and Brandon friggin Manning.

Everyone except Dave Hakstol (and you, apparently) knows Sanheim is better than either of them,. and Morin was hurt last year.

You would do well to educate yourself on the team you pretend to follow.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

Let's look at this from another angle. Hamilton is a great player but we've got two first pairing defensemen already. Why would we spend so much on another one? Hamilton isn't a second pairing defenseman, but that's where he'd be played in Philly. We're not a good landing spot for him.

We need a second pairing guy and some depth scoring. Let's talk about that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad