Proposal: Flyers / Flames blockbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Hamilton is being somewhat over rated by the Flame fan base....he isn't that good....
Explain...?
He is good for about 50 points a year.
Led the league in goals by a defenceman last year.
Top ten in Norris voting the previous year.
One half of one of the most dominant top pairs in the league.
24 years old.

What do YOU think his value is?

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Hard pass.

If the Flames move Hamilton it's not going to be for futures. There needs to be a 1st line winger of a similar age to Hamilton in there.
Well there is 1st line winger who is 4 years younger than Hamilton.
Anyways, zero interest from Flyers.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Hamilton got traded originally for 15 overall, 45 and 52 overall.

In a season where he was playing as a top pairing defenseman averaging over 21 minutes a night. Coming off his entry level contact and was under team control for 5 years compared to three now. He has put up around the same stats since his last year in Boston.

Why are teams trading 3 first rounders (14th overall, Sanheim, and Konency ) for him now?

I could see the 14th being the main piece in the trade. But not all three. That’s a joke.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
No reason for Philly to do this. Keep 14 and 19 and continue the trend of solid first round drafting.

Reactions: Devonator

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Bad on both sides. We aren’t a dougie Hamilton away from a cup.

We still have Elliot and Nuvy as our tenders. They are both average / injury prone.

We don’t need Bennett either.

Stay the course with Sanheim and Frost.
You don’t have to be close to being a contender to trade for a guy like Dougie Hamilton. He’s a solid defenceman to build around. Or add to your young core of defencemen. He’s only 24.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Value may be bad for Flames but it's a bad idea for Flyers as well. Takes a certain amount of skill to ignore team needs/situation and value. Nice job, OP.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
You don’t have to be close to being a contender to trade for a guy like Dougie Hamilton. He’s a solid defenceman to build around. Or add to your young core of defencemen. He’s only 24.

We’re building around Provorov

Ghost, Sanheim , Morin , Myers and Hagg round out the young core. Again no need for Philly to do this. Especially as Ghost basically matches him point wise and Sanheim should also add points from the blue line.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
We’re building around Provorov

Ghost, Sanheim , Morin , Myers and Hagg round out the young core. Again no need for Philly to do this. Especially as Ghost basically matches him point wise and Sanheim should also add points from the blue line.
And that’s fine. That’s not what I was responding to. I agree that you have some really good young defenceman to go with. Will they be as good as Hamilton one day, time will tell. But basically any team can trade for a solid young defenceman. You dont need to be a contender to do so, is what I was saying.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Value may be bad for Flames but it's a bad idea for Flyers as well. Takes a certain amount of skill to ignore team needs/situation and value. Nice job, OP.
Yeah, the Flyers certainly have no need for a legit top 4 defender who is right in his prime and a RH shot as well, SMH.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
And that’s fine. That’s not what I was responding to. I agree that you have some really good young defenceman to go with. Will they be as good as Hamilton one day, time will tell. But basically any team can trade for a solid young defenceman. You dont need to be a contender to do so, is what I was saying.
This guy gets it. Unfortunately a lot of my fellow Flyers fans think that guys like Sanheim, Morin, and Myers are locks to make it to the HOF some day and therefore the Flyers couldn't possibly need an established top 4 D right now.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Aside from a 1C, a player like Hamilton is precisely the player we don’t really need to trade for. We have our top D pairing sorted for a decade to come.

and RD Bode Wilde could be sitting there for the taking at #14 if you don't end up trading the pick.

Reactions: pmwlker

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Well there is 1st line winger who is 4 years younger than Hamilton.
Anyways, zero interest from Flyers.

there should never be "zero" interest if a point producing RD of Hamilton's abilities should come onto the market ! o_O

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, the Flyers certainly have no need for a legit top 4 defender who is right in his prime and a RH shot as well, SMH.

Oh, is that defender going to magically clone himself and play goalie at an above .920 level as well?

Edit: And why exactly are we moving our best D prospect our best forward prospect and an additional 1st for someone who would be a second pairing defenseman here

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You want Hamilton? You give up Konecny and Sanheim for Hamilton alone for us to think about it. This doesn't help us at all.
Lmao why the hell should they give up 2 amazing pieces for a soft defensive liability. They have a strong top pair already.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Why is it whenever a proposal is rejected by a fan base it always turns into a bashing of that fan base and team as well as its players?

That’s where this is headed I’d imagine. Hamilton is a very good player but the Flyers don’t need him enough to warrant giving up the likes of Sanheim, Frost etc to acquire him. I’d rather have Provorov /Ghost top pairing and Sanheim, Frost and whomever we draft at 14 in the system.
If I’m giving up the equivalent of three first rounders for a right side defender I want Doughty not Hamilton.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
I'll trade you Dillon Dube, Adam Fox and our 1st in 2019 (top 10 protected) for Provonov* I always spell his name wrong

That’s silly

Frost > Dube
Sanheim >> Fox
Call the picks a wash

I’d also bet when he’s 24 Provorov has far surpassed Hamilton. Nice try though.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
He's always been a defensible liability and won't change
From the Hamilton/Bennett thread that you posted in multiple times... Its like you're trying to bring down his value so the flames trade him for Brown and Gardiner.

"There are 77 NHL defensemen that played more than 1250 minutes last year.
In that group of 77 Hamilton is ....
2nd in CF%
2nd in Shot differential
34th in goal differential
3rd in scoring chance differential
2nd in high danger chance differential
Someone above mentioned he gives up too many scoring chances.
he gave up the 12th least of the 77 in scoring chances against
he gave up the 10th least of the 77 in high danger chances against
he was ranked 56th in on ice shooting percentage and
62nd in on ice save percentage suggesting he was somewhat unlucky last season.
In the last 10 years here are the top 5 d-men by points before their 25th birthday.
Karlsson - GP: 397 P: 303 +/-: -19
Doughty - GP: 442 P: 221 +/-: 36
Hamilton - GP: 423 P:220 +/-:22
Pietrangelo - GP:386 P: 218 +/-: 43
Ekman Larsson - GP: 415 P:209 +/-: -20"

Reactions: Grabner

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
This guy gets it. Unfortunately a lot of my fellow Flyers fans think that guys like Sanheim, Morin, and Myers are locks to make it to the HOF some day and therefore the Flyers couldn't possibly need an established top 4 D right now.

No one ever said they expect Sanheim, Morin, Myers etc to be HOF players. We do expect them to be NHL ers though. Tone down the falsities a touch maybe.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
From the Hamilton/Bennett thread that you posted in multiple times... Its like you're trying to bring down his value so the flames trade him for Brown and Gardiner.

"There are 77 NHL defensemen that played more than 1250 minutes last year.
In that group of 77 Hamilton is ....
2nd in CF%
2nd in Shot differential
34th in goal differential
3rd in scoring chance differential
2nd in high danger chance differential
Someone above mentioned he gives up too many scoring chances.
he gave up the 12th least of the 77 in scoring chances against
he gave up the 10th least of the 77 in high danger chances against
he was ranked 56th in on ice shooting percentage and
62nd in on ice save percentage suggesting he was somewhat unlucky last season.
In the last 10 years here are the top 5 d-men by points before their 25th birthday.
Karlsson - GP: 397 P: 303 +/-: -19
Doughty - GP: 442 P: 221 +/-: 36
Hamilton - GP: 423 P:220 +/-:22
Pietrangelo - GP:386 P: 218 +/-: 43
Ekman Larsson - GP: 415 P:209 +/-: -20"

Impressive stats. Some credit to Gio don’t forget. Let’s not forget Hamilton plays with a really good partner. Impressive non the less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad