GDT: Flyers @ Ducks 7PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
The team let go of the coach for the one aspect that was always working, defense and PK, in Trent Yawney. I didn't realize they let him go till months later. We're stupid! You keep what works and you move around parts that don't! grrrrrr
Didn't Edm hire Yawny too? A team suddenly playing well, or at least better than us.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Outshot by double digits by one of the worst teams in the league. It's comical at this point.

Only 2 losses from equalling our longest losing streak of all time!

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Looks beaten down, like his confidence is gone. Brought up the second period but had no idea what's going wrong. Said it's tough to stay positive. You'd want to hear at least the usual canned response about what they didn't do despite knowing better, and what positives to build on.

Dude had nothing. Sounded as lost as they all look.

I mean, seems like he’s being honest. We all Bitch at the canned responses and bitch when someone’s honest. The athlete can’t win. That isn’t Cam, Ducks, or hockey specific.

For the game, how they don’t tighten shit up and execute once they tie the game is beyond me. They don’t make a simple play and got punished. It’s really the story of the year, they can’t execute and eventually it gets punished.

Paige Duck

Magnus
May 2, 2014
Aliso Viejo, CA
Sums up this losing streak well

tumblr_nepf8pkNMM1shwwqho1_500.gif

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Kesler was garbage tonight. Time to give him 2 weeks off to heal up a bit more.

This team doesnt have a shot at anything. I would start considering a massive selloff in Hope's of getting talent for the future. It is sad because Getzlaf is still a stud but realistically we ain't going anywhere with Kesler and Perry making what they do. The only hope this team has is if Kase and Eaves come back on fire and Kesler regains some form.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
Kesler was garbage tonight. Time to give him 2 weeks off to heal up a bit more.

This team doesnt have a shot at anything. I would start considering a massive selloff in Hope's of getting talent for the future. It is sad because Getzlaf is still a stud but realistically we ain't going anywhere with Kesler and Perry making what they do. The only hope this team has is if Kase and Eaves come back on fire and Kesler regains some form.
Who can Anaheim realistically sell off? The only potential pieces we can trade are Cogs and Silf.

The players we could get the best prices for are all the ones we shouldn't be trading as they are not an issue. Even if you wanted to make a 'big' move say trade a Fowler (since he seems to be a favourite target here) - his NTC is so restrictive that we almost certainly wouldn't get a good deal for him (think of Kesler basically only having 1 team he would accept a trade too) so we'd honestly be better off keeping him and seeing how he goes with a new coach.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Who can Anaheim realistically sell off? The only potential pieces we can trade are Cogs and Silf.

The players we could get the best prices for are all the ones we shouldn't be trading as they are not an issue. Even if you wanted to make a 'big' move say trade a Fowler (since he seems to be a favourite target here) - his NTC is so restrictive that we almost certainly wouldn't get a good deal for him (think of Kesler basically only having 1 team he would accept a trade too) so we'd honestly be better off keeping him and seeing how he goes with a new coach.
To me the question comes down to how we do with a new coach. If a new coach can turn this around and we get a little healthier than I agree we dont have much to sell other than a guy like Cogs. If he cant then I think we need to move some of our higher value assets that are a bit younger for a longer term rebuild and hopefully as the Perry and Getzlaf contracts drop in price we are positioned to have a very competitive team. I'd pretty much be open to moving anyone. Rakell would fetch a fortune on the open market. Henrique could be a huge addition to a team looking to make a playoff push. The general rule being move those guys if we think we can get an asset that is younger and with more upside and value. Silf would bea great addition on a contender.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
how did a carlyle coached team with practically the same roster (obviously minus a few players and the injuries) make it all the way to the WCF just two seasons ago?

were they still playing off BB's regular season magic? this team just looks shot. its pretty obvious RC has lost the room yet again

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Carlyle has to go. Ignoring all the system issues he decided with the d playing as badly as it has been that he would go and stick an AHL player on each pairing for our struggling dmen to try and carry.

This shot discrepancy has gotten beyond a joke.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Randy makes the D play so bad so that he can make a comeback and get back on the ice himself, making him the oldest player of all time. He`s actually genius, but of course no one sees it. This fanbase understands nothing about hockey.

I`m facepalming and hoping Randy get`s let go. I don`t want to fire Bob Murray, but if he doesn`t can Randy, I hope Samuellis take action. Although I will not hold my breath for it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Randy makes the D play so bad so that he can make a comeback and get back on the ice himself, making him the oldest player of all time. He`s actually genius, but of course no one sees it. This fanbase understands nothing about hockey.

I`m facepalming and hoping Randy get`s let go. I don`t want to fire Bob Murray, but if he doesn`t let Randy go, I hope Samuellis take action and fires both. Although I will not hold my breath for it.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
To me the question comes down to how we do with a new coach. If a new coach can turn this around and we get a little healthier than I agree we dont have much to sell other than a guy like Cogs. If he cant then I think we need to move some of our higher value assets that are a bit younger for a longer term rebuild and hopefully as the Perry and Getzlaf contracts drop in price we are positioned to have a very competitive team. I'd pretty much be open to moving anyone. Rakell would fetch a fortune on the open market. Henrique could be a huge addition to a team looking to make a playoff push. The general rule being move those guys if we think we can get an asset that is younger and with more upside and value. Silf would bea great addition on a contender.
Issue I have with that is that it seems like very much a 'blow it up' mentality, and honestly with the amount of skill Anaheim has on the roster currently there is absolutely no reason to blow it up - maybe a slight retool but this team isn't close enough to being bad enough (in terms of players) to warrant blowing it up. I'd be fine with trading a player like Silf given his contract is up, but trading players like Rakell should result in BM being fired on the spot (barring some crazy, crazy offer). Even a player like Henrique being traded while it would make sense if you want to cash in - I feel like it's probably in bad faith to get the guy to re-sign early with the intention of seeing out his career in Anaheim effectively, only to turn round and trade him a few months later.

Even after RC was fired the first time and BB didn't result in immediate improvement (at least enough to make the playoffs), Anaheim pretty much stood pat that whole season and that was a significantly worse team then the current one.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Issue I have with that is that it seems like very much a 'blow it up' mentality, and honestly with the amount of skill Anaheim has on the roster currently there is absolutely no reason to blow it up - maybe a slight retool but this team isn't close enough to being bad enough (in terms of players) to warrant blowing it up. I'd be fine with trading a player like Silf given his contract is up, but trading players like Rakell should result in BM being fired on the spot (barring some crazy, crazy offer). Even a player like Henrique being traded while it would make sense if you want to cash in - I feel like it's probably in bad faith to get the guy to re-sign early with the intention of seeing out his career in Anaheim effectively, only to turn round and trade him a few months later.

Even after RC was fired the first time and BB didn't result in immediate improvement (at least enough to make the playoffs), Anaheim pretty much stood pat that whole season and that was a significantly worse team then the current one.
I just feel if a coach cant turn us around this year then we probably wont be a legit contender for a while. If that is the case I wouldnt mind trading our assets for younger assets with more upside. Rakell would certainly being back a fortune on that contract. Trading Henrique could open up a center slot.

For me it comes down to whether we are okay with being a pretty good team but no really a contender. We have a great base to work with so any retool should be very fast but I just struggle to see where we get the next 1c and other high end talent without a selloff where we get some picks and prospects and selling off would also help improve our draft pick a ton.

What if we traded Rakell and Silf and received 3 first round picks and a high end prospect while also tanking a bit which could give us a top 5 pick. That could restock us pretty quickly while also giving us the cap space to resign everyone we need and potentially go after a free agent.

Reactions: wraparound

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I just feel if a coach cant turn us around this year then we probably wont be a legit contender for a while. If that is the case I wouldnt mind trading our assets for younger assets with more upside. Rakell would certainly being back a fortune on that contract. Trading Henrique could open up a center slot.

For me it comes down to whether we are okay with being a pretty good team but no really a contender. We have a great base to work with so any retool should be very fast but I just struggle to see where we get the next 1c and other high end talent without a selloff where we get some picks and prospects and selling off would also help improve our draft pick a ton.

What if we traded Rakell and Silf and received 3 first round picks and a high end prospect while also tanking a bit which could give us a top 5 pick. That could restock us pretty quickly while also giving us the cap space to resign everyone we need and potentially go after a free agent.
I feel like Rakell is the type of player you want to keep.... trading him seems kinda dumb anyway you cut it.

Silf, if things don't get better could be moved... I imagine hed get 2nd + prospect... maybe a late 1st if some teams are desperate for forward help at the deadline. I wonder if Miller would waive his NTC at the deadline to go to a contender... if were out of the race... I think hed get a solid offer from teams like Blues/Flames etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad