GDT: Flyers @ Ducks 7PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I feel like Rakell is the type of player you want to keep.... trading him seems kinda dumb anyway you cut it.

Silf, if things don't get better could be moved... I imagine hed get 2nd + prospect... maybe a late 1st if some teams are desperate for forward help at the deadline. I wonder if Miller would waive his NTC at the deadline to go to a contender... if were out of the race... I think hed get a solid offer from teams like Blues/Flames etc.
Doesnt it depend on what the return is? I cant honestly say I have an idea what that is but can only imagine that teams would be drooling over landing him. He is young, cost controlled and could take a team over the top to win the cup. Wouldnt Nashville love a player like that?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Doesnt it depend on what the return is? I cant honestly say I have an idea what that is but can only imagine that teams would be drooling over landing him. He is young, coat controlled and could take a team over the top to win the cup. Wouldnt Nashville love a player like thay?
Sure but what is Nashville realistically going to offer us? 3 1/2 years @ 3.8 million, for a top line winger... with versatility to play center if needed.

Your looking at
Tolvanen + 1st(prob 30-32 range) + Fabbro
for
Rakell (maybe small add from Anaheim)

and idk that Nashville would want to pay that price. They would likely just rather get Silfverberg for half the price.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Sure but what is Nashville realistically going to offer us? 3 1/2 years @ 3.8 million, for a top line winger... with versatility to play center if needed.

Your looking at
for

and idk that Nashville would want to pay that price.
Looks like an interesting trade proposal to me

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Looks like an interesting trade proposal to me
Interesting sure, but I doubt Nashville wants that at all(tho rakell would be a good fit there)

Another team would likely be Colorado... need some depth in their line up... rakell could potentially be a want for them and they have 2 1sts this year... obviously not moving Ott 1st, but something along
Coloardo 1st(prob 18-24) + Jost +

Honestly Colorado could prob use Fowler + rakell

Other thing is if were trading rakell we might as well get Fowlers list, and see if getz/kes/perry/eaves/cogs would be willing to waive anywhere... because there really would be no point to holding on to those guys(obviously all of them wont be moved but getting value on any of them would be nice.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
If you give Rakell away, you better include a combination of Fowler, getzlaf, kesler, perry

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Your looking at
for

and idk that Nashville would want to pay that price. They would likely just rather get Silfverberg for half the price.
Not a chance in hell

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Rakell in Nashville would make them scary good. I'm not sure what Tolvanen and Fabbro are projected to be but if I were Nash I'd be very interested in a player like Rakell that immediately puts us as large cup favorites. With Rakells aav they could build a mini dynasty over there. They need a couple of playmaking forwards that can score.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm all for blowing it up and rebuilding

but it won't happen because A. no one wants to take on contracts like getzlaf's and kesler's and B. because ownership and the FO will blame everything on the injuries instead of the real problems

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
i'm all for blowing it up and rebuilding

but it won't happen because A. no one wants to take on contracts like getzlaf's and kesler's and B. because ownership and the FO will blame everything on the injuries instead of the real problems

Gotta package deal them. Rakell + Getz for a 1st and an expirer

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Rakell is one of the last players we should be trading. 25-year-old 30 goal scorers aren't exactly expiring commodities, especially when signed for three more seasons after this one (and for $3.8 million per year!!).

Action #1 is to just get rid of Carlyle. When this many players are underperforming to this extent, there's no reason to tinker with the roster before a new coach has had a chance to turn the ship around.

If this team is still bad at the deadline, then obviously trade Silf to the highest bidder (1st or 2nd + good prospect). That's all we should be doing during the season, more drastic changes can be made during the next offseason.

Reactions: Paul4587

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Gotta package deal them. Rakell + Getz for a 1st and an expirer
You do realize perry kesler and getzlaf have nmc and I doubt they will waive them to move their families across the world this late in their careers.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Getzlaf is still really productive and worth his money. With only 2 years left on his contract after this season, he is worth just keeping and hoping he keeps playing the way he is.

With Kesler you have a guy who struggles to produce and has another 3 years after this one on his contract. I'm not sure what his ultimate role is going to be when the team gets rid of RC but I'd prefer him not to be counted on to score anymore. But we are definitely stuck with him too

Reactions: Exit Dose

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
You do realize perry kesler and getzlaf have nmc and I doubt they will waive them to move their families across the world this late in their careers.

They may, if it helps them get a championship. Rakell isn't going to some up and coming team. He will go to a team eyeing for championship

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
bottom line is that the ducks are screwed

getting rid of RC and murray will help but those massive contracts will hold the team back for a while

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Getzlaf is still really productive and worth his money. With only 2 years left on his contract after this season, he is worth just keeping and hoping he keeps playing the way he is.

With Kesler you have a guy who struggles to produce and has another 3 years after this one on his contract. I'm not sure what his ultimate role is going to be when the team gets rid of RC but I'd prefer him not to be counted on to score anymore. But we are definitely stuck with him too
They were using him as a winger around when we traded for Kesler. We could move him to there and roll with Getzlaf, Henrique, Lundestrom, and Rowney. At least we might get something out of it.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Getz isn’t an issue imo. Even slower, if he works at it, he can be valuable with his playmaking and ability. Maybe not the go to, but he won’t hurt the team as he ages if used correctly
If Perry isn’t improved post surgery, that hurts financially big time until he expires
Kesler is a smart enough player to be valuable unless he just cannot skate, and he’d probably go LTIR

I’d shop Fowler and Silfv just to see what could be available at deadline.
I agree with above on Miller. Maybe he’d want a shot with a competitive team.

I’m negative, so have little hope this year, and see a great draft ahead, and us with some valuable assets

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Miller isn't going anywhere. He has been pretty clear that he wanted to play in the LA area, because his marriage was hell with both his job in hockey and his wife's working in Hollywood. I kept hearing about this for years before he signed with the Ducks. I expect he'll retire here.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
The Getzlaf, Perry, Eaves and Kesler contracts are not an impediment IF (and this is a big if) the ducks are willing to spend money or have insurance on Kesler's contract. The next expansion draft will bring this to a head because the ducks won't want to protect Kesler or Perry. Perry can be traded with retention (if he waives NMC) or simply bought out after this year or after next when the numbers are pretty manageable. Kesler will eventually retire due to injury with hopefully some insurance available (but in any event he will come off the cap). Eaves contract is manageable even if he's cut or retires or if he spends 1 year as an overpriced 4th liner. Getzlaf will be fine until the end of his contract.

The harder question is what the ducks can do to bring in higher end forward talent. I think they have nice pieces coming, but no truly elite talent. Targeting a Marner/Nylander type of player makes sense.

Another key will be what teams Fowler can be traded to (apparently 4?). If the ducks young defensemen mature and Fowler continues to disappoint, that will have to be an option. I'm guessing Detroit and possibly Toronto are on his trade list and, if so, that might be a match in the next year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad