Value of: Flyers draft day trades

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Trouba has been playing a year or two at a time on below market value contracts. My bet is that he'll want to get to a US market and cash in ASAP rather than playing yet another year on a below market value contract.

Jets will likely let teams work out a deal prior to trading him. As long as two or three teams have a mutual interest, Jets should get a good return.
Honestly i think it's down to 5 teams for Trouba's service, Rangers, Flyers, Red Wings, Lightning and Panthers. Should be an interesting summer for sure.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Trouba is thought to possibly be a flight risk to FL or TB, so if that were true, that would be acquiring as a rental.

I’m thinking that any trade made for Trouba will rely on Trouba doing a sign and trade.
He will make a short list of teams he’s willing to go to in order of importance and his expected salary. Chevy will work his magic from there but I’m expecting one or two additional pieces (Copp or Roslo for example) from Peg as part of the deal. I don’t think it’s going to be a simple 1-1.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Mcdonagh returned a good roster player, a first rounder, a potential 1st rounder, and 2 decent prospects.
Mcdonagh was not traded for that for that much. J.T Miller and Mcdonagh were traded for that return.
It's an opinion, and you're choosing to look at it as if its wrong... pal
you are basing your opinion on incorrect fact.. in other words you are bsing yourself (fine by me) and BSing others.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
up for trade 11OA pick, plus any other picksany prospect not named frost or farabee, roster players Hartman, Laughton, hagg and ghost for the right price

Looking for
-top/middle pairing RHD
-2nd line centre

Shattenskirk for 2nd rounder?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’m thinking that any trade made for Trouba will rely on Trouba doing a sign and trade.
He will make a short list of teams he’s willing to go to in order of importance and his expected salary. Chevy will work his magic from there but I’m expecting one or two additional pieces (Copp or Roslo for example) from Peg as part of the deal. I don’t think it’s going to be a simple 1-1.

bold - yeah, but my point is I don't see him knuckling under to accommodate anyone with an extension, possibly except FL/TB. Someone said he is comfortable w/Detroit so MAYBE there.

But his best card to play is just play out his deal.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Mcdonagh was not traded for that for that much. J.T Miller and Mcdonagh were traded for that return.
you are basing your opinion on incorrect fact.. in other words you are bsing yourself (fine by me) and BSing others.
Lol seeing as Mcdonaugh was by far the biggest piece of that trade, and that miller was included for, likely, cap reasons... yeah he was pretty well traded for that package himself. I live the effort you're putting into this! Imagine if you put it towards something useful

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
up for trade 11OA pick, plus any other picksany prospect not named frost or farabee, roster players Hartman, Laughton, hagg and ghost for the right price

Looking for
-top/middle pairing RHD
-2nd line centre

Just curious what is the asking price for laughton, what's the value, what are things philly are looking for in a trade for him?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Just curious what is the asking price for laughton, what's the value, what are things philly are looking for in a trade for him?
He produced at a 3rd line clip this year after previously being very solid on the 4th. Speedy c/lw who is good on the forecheck. I'd say 2nd round equivalent but better in a package or for a similar player

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He produced at a 3rd line clip this year after previously being very solid on the 4th. Speedy c/lw who is good on the forecheck. I'd say 2nd round equivalent but better in a package or for a similar player
You could prob offersheet him for a 3rd round range but the flyers could match so a 2nd sounds about right.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Lol seeing as Mcdonaugh was by far the biggest piece of that trade, and that miller was included for, likely, cap reasons... yeah he was pretty well traded for that package himself. I live the effort you're putting into this! Imagine if you put it towards something useful
what cap reasons? J.T Miller was on bridge contract with NYR.. J.T miller was 20 goal scorer and over 50pts per season player... what in gods name are you talking about...? just shut up.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
what cap reasons? J.T Miller was on bridge contract with NYR.. J.T miller was 20 goal scorer and over 50pts per season player... what in gods name are you talking about...? just shut up.
Okay boss, I dont know a ton about the Rangers and their contract reasons so that's why I said likely. I figured with Namestikov going back to NYR that it was for balancing cap purposes. Anywho, back to my point, him having 50 points doesn't change the fact that Mcdonaugh was the bigger piece of that trade, and is what fetched them most of their return... as much as that seems to bother you.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Okay boss, I dont know a ton about the Rangers and their contract reasons so that's why I said likely. I figured with Namestikov going back to NYR that it was for balancing cap purposes. Anywho, back to my point, him having 50 points doesn't change the fact that Mcdonaugh was the bigger piece of that trade, and is what fetched them most of their return... as much as that seems to bother you.

JT Miller wasn't a throw in piece by any stretch of the imagination. He was only 24 years old at the time, making 2.75 million, while scoring 56 points at 23, then 58 points at 24. His addition to McDonagh made the return the Rangers larger than just for McDonagh. It would be almost the equivalent of the Flyers trading for Trouba and Ehlers. Then the Flyers would have to trade Frost or Farabee. But other than that, the Flyers won't have to trade either to get a 1RHD by himself.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
No one is arguing that Mcdonaugh was a bigger piece of that trade...
You had no clue that J.T Miller was part of that trade. you have no clue about his salary Miller was 24 yo promising forward that could score 20 goals 50 pts hardly a throw in... but yet you trying to compare possible Truba trade to the Flyers to Pronger, Kessler and Mcdonaugh trades... lol... what a joke...

Last edited:

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
No one is arguing that Mcdonaugh was a bigger piece of that trade...
You had no clue that J.T Miller was part of that trade. you have no clue about his salary Miller was 24 yo promising forward that could score 20 goals 50 pts hardly a throw in... but yet you trying to compare possible Truba trade to the Flyers to Pronger, Kessler and Mcdonaugh trades... lol... what a joke...
So I'm just going to pay attention to the last part of that post... if you'd kindly go back and read the post I made that got you all heated about this, you'll see that I wasn't tying Trouba to anything, and I was replying to someone trying to make comparisons to Pronger, Mcdonaugh, etc. Also, any talk of Kesler wasn't involved, so nice try there.
Go back and have a read next time... trying to flex your vast hockey knowledge... lol... what a joke

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Acting like JT Miller was a throw in in the McDonagh deal that didn't significantly effect the value coming back is pretty ignorant.
It wasnt ignoring the fact that he wasnt a part of the trade, it was a response to someone that was referring to the trade as a whole. @ME next time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad