GDT: Flyers @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Again, if he needs all that to be good, why keep him around?

95% of defenseman in this league would be good playing with a steady partner on the 3rd pairing with sheltered minutes.

I don't get the love for Moore. He stinks. We do terrible when he's on the ice and he only stands out on the 3 on 3. We played better when he was injured. He occasionally chips in offensively this year on the 5 on 5, but he hasn't shown that to be a consistent skill. He's perennially amongst the bottom of the league in possession numbers. This has also been with him getting bottom pairing minutes.

He's just not good. And that's why every team he's gone to has gotten rid of him. He's all flash with his skating ability, but that's it. So yes, you're right he would do just fine if we played him with all those circumstances, but so would just about every other defenseman in the NHL.

He's the only D we have that can shoot the puck. I say keep him.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
John Moore ****ing sucks except if he's on a stacked team with a Ken Daneyko type playing beside him who can play two defensive positions in the defensive zone at once while he asks for a ****ing map with a big giant X to tell him where he's supposed to stand so he doesn't screw up.

TL/DR:John Moore ****ing sucks

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe they should try him at forward though

I usually am not a proponent of this, but he's signed through next year and we have several forwards that might be worse than him at forward. I think he can actually outscore a good number of forwards if he were a forward.

He's already outscoring quite a few of them this year as a defenseman.:help:

He's got a high shooting percentage this year, by a defenseman's standards and by his own previous years standards, but it's not something that would be considered high for a forward.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Moore would be just as bad as a forward. He's only slightly smarter than Gelinas and his offense is entirely dependant on his ability to jump into the play with his skating. Plus he's soft as tissue paper. He'd probably get broken in half after 10 games as a forward.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Moore would be just as bad as a forward. He's only slightly smarter than Gelinas and his offense is entirely dependant on his ability to jump into the play with his skating. Plus he's soft as tissue paper. He'd probably get broken in half after 10 games as a forward.

I think he'd be a little bit less of a liability though.

That's the only reason I'd look into discovering that possibility.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think he'd be a little bit less of a liability though.

That's the only reason I'd look into discovering that possibility.

Okay, so do you play him over guys like Wood, Quenneville, Blandisi, Lappin, and others who should be fighting for bottom 6 spots next year?

It would just be a rather pointless experiment IMO.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Okay, so do you play him over guys like Wood, Quenneville, Blandisi, Lappin, and others who should be fighting for bottom 6 spots next year?

It would just be a rather pointless experiment IMO.

Probably not over most of those guys.

I think I'd play him over Coleman, Pietila, etc. I might even play him over Josefson and I realize Josefson is a far better possession player, but when you've been in this league this long and can't score more than 15-20 points a year, it's no longer luck. You suck at scoring.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
John Moore ****ing sucks except if he's on a stacked team with a Ken Daneyko type playing beside him who can play two defensive positions in the defensive zone at once while he asks for a ****ing map with a big giant X to tell him where he's supposed to stand so he doesn't screw up.

TL/DR:John Moore ****ing sucks

Well he's pretty good on the 3-on-3, I'll give him that much. Last night was like his third or fourth OT goal with us.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Halls reaction to the goal still makes me laugh. His instincts made him sauce that beautiful pass, but he was probably thinking "just turn it over, don't give him a layup.". He looked so deflated and Moore was so excited :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well he's pretty good on the 3-on-3, I'll give him that much. Last night was like his third or fourth OT goal with us.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's scored almost a third of our OT goals in the last two years.

At least one of them was a power play goal, from what I remember. I think it was against Dallas last year.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
That Moore's good at 3 on 3 just makes me dislike him more.

Like the dumbass dog that gets to run into the street when it's closed to traffic.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I figured the Devils would win. Was happy to beat Philly, plus I'm starting to think in this year's draft doesn't really matter. So many questions even on the top two players. Being in the bottom 5, is good enough in this draft year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Thomson had a solid first NHL game.
He dished out some hits and his skating was fine for a 4th liner.

Was at the game last night. Thomson was a lot of fun to watch. Thought he was one of the best (if not the best) forwards last night. I liked his play away from the puck (unlike Zacha who I was wondering what the hell he was thinking on each and every shift -- I haven't seen a guy that clueless away from the puck in a while).

Kinkaid looked great, too.

NJDpassantino

Jan 16, 2012
I seriously don't get how people complain about Moore, but praise Severson. The kid gets all his points on the PP and can someone find out how many of those are secondary assist? I would rather see Moore on the PP.

Moore is a -5 as a D on a terrible team and Severson is at a high -29. Who is worse? Idk

Just my opinion.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Was at the game last night. Thomson was a lot of fun to watch. Thought he was one of the best (if not the best) forwards last night. I liked his play away from the puck (unlike Zacha who I was wondering what the hell he was thinking on each and every shift -- I haven't seen a guy that clueless away from the puck in a while).

Kinkaid looked great, too.

woah holy hf vet

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
woah holy hf vet

wow that guy...:shakehead

it wasnt zacha's best game ever but he made some beautiful passes including that stretch pass to hall which was gorgeous.
im not sure how anyone who watched that full game comes away with the "zacha was lost" conclusion.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
wow that guy...:shakehead

it wasnt zacha's best game ever but he made some beautiful passes including that stretch pass to hall which was gorgeous.
im not sure how anyone who watched that full game comes away with the "zacha was lost" conclusion.

Zacha away from the puck has absolutely no idea where to be, he's not wrong there. When was the last time we saw Zacha get a scoring chance set up by another player?

He's amazing with the puck, but without it, he is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig