Post-Game Talk: Flyers def. Canucks - 4-1 (Blueger) | On to 2024

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
They are human.

Keep on with the home cookin' and practice, practice, practice. Pummel Ottawa next Tuesday, and right the ship for the eastern road trip (which won't include Philly, lol).

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Boeser stood out in the worst way tonight. He was brutal at all ends of the ice tonight. Flubbed goal, lazy penalty, horrible coverage on shorthanded goal.

Zadorov, doing too much. Bad passes, and a really bad breakout attempt that costed them the game. Occasionally makes Myers type of mistakes.

Hughes wasn't impressive on the foot race against Poeling on the powerplay for the shorthanded goal.

J.T and Pettersson Where are thou?

Kuzmenko has a decent game. Looked best out of the star caliber forwards. Could of had a couple of assists if Boes and Co hadn't of flubbed it.

Joshua Blueger Garland line continue to impress. Continuously driving the play, with high puck possession. This line has been the pulse of the team.

The star forwards need to wake up and drive the team again. They have become too reliant on the 3rd line.

Overall just a stinker. Oh well, it happens. Time to move on.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
This game is hopefully a wake up all to most of the stars they can't keep coasting on the coattails of a stellar third line. Blueger, Joshua and Garland have basically kept us alive while Miller, Boeser, Petey, Kuz and Mikheyov have all fallen asleep.

Granted, Petey actually played alright tonight, and Kuz had some solid chances. I'm much more concerned about Miller and Boeser who have been AWOL lately. I also really like Hoglander but I'm a little worried about him in our top six come the playoffs. As an option? Absolutely. But I don't quite think he's ready for the grind heavy atmosphere of playoff hockey.

With Soucy likely drawing in against Ottawa, I sincerely hope this is the last night we see Myers and Zadorov together. It's just way too inconsistent a pairing.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Would like to see the lotto line reunited, Suter centering the 2 ruskies. Suters already playing 15+ mins a night, give him a bigger role. Hogs is struggling, too much stick checking not enough dog on a bone forechecking, put him back with Laff.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
These bad first periods need to stop. Basically allowed flyers to come in and dictate tempo and game flow.

Top players need to be better at even strength and have more dominating shifts in the other teams zone. 3rd line is the only one consistently having good shifts but the momentum dies because there isn't any piggy backing of strong shifts.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Finished December 8-2-2; second best monthly pace. With today's loss Canucks only need 46 points in the remaining 46 games to hit 95 points, otherwise known as .500 hockey. Another strong month and the Canucks would makes this tracking completely irrelevant.

Required Monthly Records:
January: 6-6-1
February: 6-6-0
March: 6-6-1
April: 4-4-0

January is an interesting month. Canucks face some of the worst teams in the league (Senators, Blackhawks, and Blue Jackets x2), face some very disappointing teams (Sabres and Penguins), and the Blues twice (the last time they played it was the Canucks most complete game of the season). Devils, Rangers, and Islanders (Rangers & Islanders are a back-to-back) will be difficult but the rest of the month is fairly spaced out. There's a 4pm home game against the Leafs...because of course there is every season. The dumbest part of the schedule is a 1pm Saturday game in Buffalo and then a 10am Monday game against the Blue Jackets. I've been told that is Martin Luther King Day and it's incredibly stupid scheduling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad