Confirmed with Link: Flyers claim Zack MacEwen (ex of Vancouver)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So a better plan might be picking up useful players from self-unaware bad teams who "need a change of scenery" or "want to shake up the mix?" Interesting theory.

Yes, such an organization could serve as essentially a farm team for the rest of the league. Eternally spinning their wheels as they bleed away useful things while being starstruck by nonsense.

waste-of-time-conan.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Didn’t MacEwen have 52 points in 69 AHL games a few years ago? Who cares about his Jr. A stats. We aren’t talking about Phil Crowe here.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I remember someone here -- not naming names! -- saying Wade Allison wouldn't amount to much because of his 2014-2015 D-1 season. So, who cares about Junior A stats indeed!

Here's a thought, maybe adding the marginal scraps from bad teams isn't a good way to make our own bad team stop being bad.

If there's ever a come to Jesus moment, it's seeing your players, who you deem unneeded, on your mediocre team get gobbled up by elite teams that turn them into useful pieces (again?). All while you cast them away for the sake of scrap heap players or vastly overrated players on other bad teams.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I remember someone here -- not naming names! -- saying Wade Allison wouldn't amount to much because of his 2014-2015 D-1 season. So, who cares about Junior A stats indeed!

If there's ever a come to Jesus moment, it's seeing your players, who you deem unneeded, on your mediocre team get gobbled up by elite teams that turn them into useful pieces (again?). All while you cast them away for the sake of scrap heap players or vastly overrated players on other bad teams.
It's a tradition, in this town, since Mike Ditka.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

We're talking ONE player.
We had to pay Arizona to take Ghost
CBJ gave up salary cap room and Atkinson for Voracek.

Who else? Cousins? Raffl was traded to the Caps for a 5th and then signed with Dallas.
Gudas was traded for Niskanen then signed with Florida.

Of course, there's always Hagg :sarcasm:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I don't think these people have the combined skills of self-reflection and admitting-and-learning-from-your-errors to either realize this, or realize it and change.

Like Fletcher admitted he was wrong about Stewart and has since then gone out of his way to repeat that error whenever he can.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yes, I did not like Wade Allison -- AT PICK 52 -- because of his junior stat profile, which is the only stat profile he had at the time of the draft. But who needs context?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We're talking ONE player.
We had to pay Arizona to take Ghost
CBJ gave up salary cap room and Atkinson for Voracek.

Who else? Cousins? Raffl was traded to the Caps for a 5th and then signed with Dallas.
Gudas was traded for Niskanen then signed with Florida.

Of course, there's always Hagg :sarcasm:

We did not have to pay Arizona to take Ghost. We could have just kept him and been better off for it. The course they took, where they jettisoned him at an idiotic loss so they had the space to overpay for a garbage rental, was completely optional. And completely incompetent.

The players the Flyers value and lust over suck. The players they deem to be poor strongly tend to prove them wrong.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
We did not have to pay Arizona to take Ghost. We could have just kept him and been better off for it. The course they took, where they jettisoned him at an idiotic loss so they had the space to overpay for a garbage rental, was completely optional. And completely incompetent.

The players the Flyers value and lust over suck. The players they deem to be poor strongly tend to prove them wrong.
The flyers management and coaching staff could find a way to waste McDavid until our medical staff screw up his recovery from some injury.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad