Confirmed with Link: Flyers claim Zack MacEwen (ex of Vancouver)

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I posted this on the Main Board, but for those who may not go there:

10CB56E2-5D98-4377-8D81-F55529186DAC.gif

My Philly friends, you’re going to love Zach. I really hope your coaching staff handle him better than the Canucks did. Hits anything in sight, doesn’t take stupid penalties and will take on anyone to defend a teammate
C139E5E2-774E-48C2-91E4-9FAEAA022C90.jpeg

Also has some skill as well when given the chance. An ideal 4th liner imho. Best of luck to him.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Yay, another pointless player, this guy is seriously a less skilled tanner glass lol great job flyers

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020

View attachment 470114
My Philly friends, you’re going to love Zach. I really hope your coaching staff handle him better than the Canucks did. Hits anything in sight, doesn’t take stupid penalties and will take on anyone to defend a teammate
View attachment 470115
Also has some skill as well when given the chance. An ideal 4th liner imho. Best of luck to him.
He does take stupid penalties. Alot of them

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Canucks fans seem to be unhappy with this and the way he was used there. Apparently their staff tried to get him to be a goon but the fans think he had the skill to be something better.

Unfortunately I assume he’ll be here for the same kind of anti-offense toughness/goonery, so even if there’s a tiny chance of him being an actual hockey player, he’ll never become that with this staff.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

View attachment 470114
View attachment 470115
High-care guy. Just say that. It’s the only thing they know to do.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Posted in the GDT, he's not a 4th line plug.

He has decent skill, but could be a AAAA type.

Not sure why fought so much in 2021. He's not really that type of player. Or, maybe more accurately, he could have value if he was not used as a fighter.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
He wasn’t very good in a COVID season. He was great the year prior and once again is built like a truck. Could easily see him carving out a role as a 10-10 guy that frustrates the f*** out of teams.
We have a similar but much better player in Aube-Kubel

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
He does take stupid penalties. Alot of them
With all due respect, I watched him play every game the last 2 seasons. He was miscast by Travis Green as a fighter when he’s best deployed as a physical, energy player who can chip in with a hard forecheck. I don’t see Zach as lacking self discipline & taking many bad penalties. If you do, then we simply disagree.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Canucks fans seem to be unhappy with this and the way he was used there. Apparently their staff tried to get him to be a goon when they think he had the skill to be something better.

Unfortunately I assume he’ll be here for the same kind of anti-offense toughness/goonery, so even if there’s a tiny chance of him being an actual hockey player, he’ll never become that with this staff.

So this bum is slightly better than the last one ??

I will take it !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad