Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Caps | 5/7/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
This is crazy. What are the D pairings?

Pens won’t lose to the Slugs. So we really need to win 2 of these 3. In regulation. Or just get 5pts total.

Don’t drop the game today fellas. It’s too important.

I know the Flyers put a hurt on the Penguins a few nights ago, but hopefully our trend with them this year continues.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
This is crazy. What are the D pairings?

Pens won’t lose to the Slugs. So we really need to win 2 of these 3. In regulation. Or just get 5pts total.

Don’t drop the game today fellas. It’s too important.
I don't know, I just think Trotz has the Islanders in sandbag mode when it comes to the playoffs. Be careful what you wish for.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And two nights before that the Pens crushed them. The Flyers have sucked dreadfully a lot lately, with an occasional unexplainable blow up win.

They're a .500 or so team and have been all year. That's how it is. Only question is are they trending up or down overall. Are we seeing surges of potential or the dying embers of past competence.

hahah jk I don't care. f*** them

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
At some point somebody is going to leak what happened with Kuzy and Sammy. You can’t just hold out a player like Kuzy for 3 games and not explain why.

Jun 15, 2007
At some point somebody is going to leak what happened with Kuzy and Sammy. You can’t just hold out a player like Kuzy for 3 games and not explain why.
??
It's already explained. He's on the covid list.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
??
It's already explained. He's on the covid list.

As long as there is speculation that the team is taking advantage of the COVID rules, the COVID protocols are just a way for the Caps to not answer any questions. I would ask again. He was not on the COVID list for the first game he was scratched. Why not?

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
You are concluding he is going to play after being benched for the final games? I wouldnt. One step at a time.
Not really concluding just making a statement, not ideal to have your first line center out right before playoffs. Maybe the benching/time off will help him, I certainly hope so

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not really concluding just making a statement, not ideal to have your first line center out right before playoffs. Maybe the benching/time off will help him, I certainly hope so

He's on COVID protocol. He is quarantined iirc. He is not skating. He is not working out. I cant imagine that its helping him. Its definately not helping Sammy

Reactions: max21

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Only three more games to go before the real season starts. Would not be surprised if they came out and laid a giant egg given how crazy this past week has been.

No Ovi, Kuznetsov, or Sammy again.

I like Sprong-Backstrom-Mantha

if anyone can help bring consistency to those guys it’s Backstrom.

Reactions: tenken00

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Sandbag mode? To what end?
I don't believe that the Islanders are as bad as they've been playing of late, not with Trotz behind the bench. Furthermore, I can't believe that the lack of Lee in the lineup makes such a significant difference with the whole team's play. At some point Palmieri and Zajac will click. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't believe that the Islanders are as bad as they've been playing of late, not with Trotz behind the bench. Furthermore, I can't believe that the lack of Lee in the lineup makes such a significant difference with the whole team's play. At some point Palmieri and Zajac will click. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

Ok...what is their advantage for blowing off their season then? This is them coasting and asking to play the division winner?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I like Sprong-Backstrom-Mantha

if anyone can help bring consistency to those guys it’s Backstrom.

Sprong and Mantha, with their left and right handed shots at the same time...

200.gif

Of course... I don't know about long term :laugh:

unless... :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: um

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010

At some point possibly before they click they will retire. The Devs haven't been a great team lately, but these players have been trending downhill. Kinda reminds me of many of the Caps' TDL acquisitions like Penner and Glencross altho not as bad as Kovy.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
As long as there is speculation that the team is taking advantage of the COVID rules, the COVID protocols are just a way for the Caps to not answer any questions. I would ask again. He was not on the COVID list for the first game he was scratched. Why not?
Where’s the speculation at?

I really find it hard to believe that the NHL and the NHLPA would allow the Capitals to put Samsonov and Kuznetsov on the COVID list without actual proof of possible exposure. The NHLPA would have a shit fit about it IMO

Reactions: 895

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Mantha has never played a NHL playoff game, correct?

Will be interesting to see how he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad