Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Caps, 12PM at Verizon Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I thought the Caps would go on a bit of a slump after the ASG due not playing that often. In reality they are, but they're still winning games. I'd be a little more concerned after a couple more overall games like this. The lack of a PP is concerning now though. I think it actually misses MoJo's net front moves.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I thought the Caps would go on a bit of a slump after the ASG due not playing that often. In reality they are, but they're still winning games. I'd be a little more concerned after a couple more overall games like this. The lack of a PP is concerning now though. I think it actually misses MoJo's net front moves.

I may be too optimistic but id rather have the pp issue now to fix then later (obvious i know) they need to learn how to perform without key players aka ovechkin,carlson and johansson. That only makes them better

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC

Burakovsky on the half-wall has not been working. He just isn't instinctual with it yet. You can tell he holds on to the puck just a split second too long sometimes.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Johansson is really important to that power play for his zone entries. He's really good at skating the puck into the zone on the right side and then passing it back to Backstrom or Carlson.

Also I don't really think the Caps are playing bad at all. They had a disappointing effort against the Islanders, but honestly they didn't look terrible against the Panthers aside from Grubauer. I thought they played really well on the road against New Jersey and had the better of the even strength play against the Flyers. Admittedly the PP needs to get better but I think it is likely just from them missing Mojo and also just a slump. It happens, and like the poster above me said I'd rather it happen now so they can figure out how to execute a few more different set plays before teams figure them out in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad