Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Caps, 12PM at Verizon Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Let's hope the boys ate a good meal and aren't too sleepy on the ice. Lines probably stay the same for both teams.

Relevant info:
-Caps are 15-8-2 all time and 15-7-1 at home on Superbowl Sunday
-Burakovsky's goal streak continues, now 5 games and the point streak is at 6 games
-After 6 straight games of giving up the first goal, we finally got the first goal in the game
-We have 0 PP goals on the past 15 PPs.
-Simmonds is not suspended

Win the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Simmonds may, or may not be in. It depends if the league rescinds the match penalty before the start of the game today.

I doubt the league has the time to review the incident between now and the beginning of the game. They're probably looking to suspend him anyway.

Fantasy help guys, Grubauer in this afternoon?

We know about as much as you.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Wait. If they don't recind the match penalty, he shouldnt be playing today.

He can play since the league said he won't be suspended. However, the match penalty is going to stay on Simmonds' record. If he gets 3 match penalties during the year, he will receive an automatic 1 game suspension.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
"With the way we're forechecking right now, we're a tough team to play against. If we continue to do that ... those guys aren't too interested in playing defensively. They want to play with the puck. If we keep it in their end, it makes it a tough game for them."

Del Zotto on the Caps #1 ranked defense not being interested in playing defense. :laugh:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Would like to see a strong performance today. Seems like we've just kind of been squeeking them out. I mean a win is a win but I'd like to see them get rolling down hill again. Want to be hot by the time the playoffs come around. :nod:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Would like to see a strong performance today. Seems like we've just kind of been squeeking them out. I mean a win is a win but I'd like to see them get rolling down hill again. Want to be hot by the time the playoffs come around. :nod:

IMO it's too early to worry about momentum. IIRC the first year the Hawks won the Cup they played like garbage down the stretch.

For now mission 1 is to get/stay healthy.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
IMO it's too early to worry about momentum. IIRC the first year the Hawks won the Cup they played like garbage down the stretch.

For now mission 1 is to get/stay healthy.

I suppose so. Not really sure that's something you can focus on though injuries are most always accidental. Can't really play the game not to get hurt or you're not playing the game.

With only 32 games left I'd like to be rolling with about 15-20 to go. I don't want to cake walk into the playoffs unless it's because we're resting players. Which even that is going to be hard to do with the cap if I understand right.

If the history of our core players were a bit different I'd feel more inclined to like the Blackhawks situation working for us, but let's be honest. We have not performed well in the playoffs over the past decade where on the flip side they have three cups in 6 years.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
MDZ would not crack our roster. He'd be battling with Chorney to be the #7. This isn't 2010 anymore MDZ :laugh:

This is simply not true, but I understand that it's not easy for people who don't watch Flyers to realize that Del Zotto has really turned his career after he came to Philly. Last season offensively, this season defensively. He will probably never be kind of defenseman he was supposed to be, but he's very solid NHL defenseman right now, who would play somewhere in the line-up on most of NHL teams.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
This is simply not true, but I understand that it's not easy for people who don't watch Flyers to realize that Del Zotto has really turned his career after he came to Philly. Last season offensively, this season defensively. He will probably never be kind of defenseman he was supposed to be, but he's very solid NHL defenseman right now, who would play somewhere in the line-up on most of NHL teams.

technically he is right though. he wouldnt play over carlson/orpik/niskanen/alzner and schmidt. that would put him against orlov for 6 or chorney for 7

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
technically he is right though. he wouldnt play over carlson/orpik/niskanen/alzner and schmidt. that would put him against orlov for 6 or chorney for 7

I know, your defense is very good but I think he could easily play on Caps 3rd pair and in case of injury he could jump to top 4 and wouldn't look bad. He's underrated these days because of how bad he looked in past years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad