Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Draft will commence after the live lottery on April 9. Draft order will be based on lottery results and final regular season standings. Reminder - no trades are permitted.

Dammit, I forgot about this when picking a team. We need to figure out what we're doing on some conditional picks before we get to them in the draft, since some conditions won't be met prior to commencement of our fantasy draft.

For instance - New York Rangers get Tampa's first round pick if Tampa wins the Cup. If we're going by standings, Tampa picks 31st which means they won the Cup - so Rangers get Tampa's first (meaning my first pick is #62).

Rangers get Dallas' second because Dallas is not picking #28-31.

Minnesota gets New York Rangers' fourth because Boston is picking #24-#31.

There is a weird Sharks option of sending a 2019 4th or 2020 3rd to the Sabres as part of the Kane trade. I assume the Sharks have a deadline to make a call on this and it's after our draft starts.

Then there are a handful of picks dependent on certain players playing a certain number of games. Those I am ignoring for now because they should be resolved at the end of the season and we'll know one way or another.

Finally, there are the really weird ones. Specifically the Montour trade where it includes a first round pick (Ducks option of Sharks or Blues dependent on Blues being #20-31). Not sure how to resolve this one. And a couple others that are based on pick status.

I'm using prosportstransactions.com to figure these out. I don't know how best to resolve some of these but I think we should figure it out before we start the draft.

Also - if I don't pick in the first round, all you f***ers had better congratulate me on winning the Cup when you make your first pick.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Dammit, I forgot about this when picking a team. We need to figure out what we're doing on some conditional picks before we get to them in the draft, since some conditions won't be met prior to commencement of our fantasy draft.

For instance - New York Rangers get Tampa's first round pick if Tampa wins the Cup. If we're going by standings, Tampa picks 31st which means they won the Cup - so Rangers get Tampa's first (meaning my first pick is #62).

Rangers get Dallas' second because Dallas is not picking #28-31.

Minnesota gets New York Rangers' fourth because Boston is picking #24-#31.

There is a weird Sharks option of sending a 2019 4th or 2020 3rd to the Sabres as part of the Kane trade. I assume the Sharks have a deadline to make a call on this and it's after our draft starts.

Then there are a handful of picks dependent on certain players playing a certain number of games. Those I am ignoring for now because they should be resolved at the end of the season and we'll know one way or another.

Finally, there are the really weird ones. Specifically the Montour trade where it includes a first round pick (Ducks option of Sharks or Blues dependent on Blues being #20-31). Not sure how to resolve this one. And a couple others that are based on pick status.

I'm using prosportstransactions.com to figure these out. I don't know how best to resolve some of these but I think we should figure it out before we start the draft.

Also - if I don't pick in the first round, all you ****ers had better congratulate me on winning the Cup when you make your first pick.

I think we should avoid transferring conditional picks of any kind where the conditions are not met by the lottery, this is what we did during the last mock. Whatever is current as of the last game of the regular season is what we'll base the conditions on. Example: Rangers won't be getting the Stars first round pick (Zucarello trade) because the Stars didn't reach the third round of the playoffs as of the last day of the regular season.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think we should avoid transferring conditional picks of any kind where the conditions are not met by the lottery, this is what we did during the last mock. Whatever is current as of the last game of the regular season is what we'll base the conditions on. Example: Rangers won't be getting the Stars first round pick (Zucarello trade) because the Stars didn't reach the third round of the playoffs as of the last day of the regular season.
I agree with this, even though, as Rangers GM, it would be nice to potentially have 4 first rd picks ;)

Reactions: Chuck Downie

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John

That would mean the Rangers also do not get the Lighting's first round pick because the Lightning have not won the Cup on the last day of the regular season.

Looking at the Montour trade, it looks like it is set up to send the lower pick of Sharks/Blues to the Sabres.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
That would mean the Rangers also do not get the Lighting's first round pick because the Lightning have not won the Cup on the last day of the regular season.

Looking at the Montour trade, it looks like it is set up to send the lower pick of Sharks/Blues to the Sabres.
When I chose the Rags, I fully expected that they’d have Dallas & TB’s 2nd rd. picks for mock purposes, not their 1st rd. picks.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
All participants have selected, 3 teams remain:

Columbus - 2 picks
St. Louis - 4 picks
San Jose - 4 picks

The first pick out of these 3 teams is St. Louis in the middle (approx.) of the second around. We can wait until we get close to that pick to take a second team rather than giving them away now just to take it away if someone else wants to join.

Draft will commence after the live lottery on April 9. Draft order will be based on lottery results and final regular season standings. Reminder - no trades are permitted.

I could take Columbus if I'm allowed to make the pick announcements in Finnish.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
My bad on screwing up the draft guys, i just got released from the hospital this morning after battling a blood infection that attacked my kidneys, i was in pretty bad condition

Sorry to hear! I hate to offer you the slim pickings but they are there if you still want to participate.

San Jose (4 picks)
St. Louis (4 picks)

Hope you are feeling better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad