Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
At pick 179, the Predators are proud to select that dude you always see shotgunning beers behind the Burger King on Park Ave with all his bros, Bryce Brodzinski. When asked for his thoughts on finally being drafted, Bryce replied, "FUBAR-style is the only acceptable way to shotgun a beer. Give it, give'r, Deaner."

brod111_large.JPG

@landsbergfan
Forgot he was still on the board.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
At pick 179, the Predators are proud to select that dude you always see shotgunning beers behind the Burger King on Park Ave with all his bros, Bryce Brodzinski. When asked for his thoughts on finally being drafted, Bryce replied, "FUBAR-style is the only acceptable way to shotgun a beer. Give it, give'r, Deaner."

brod111_large.JPG

@landsbergfan
Another late round gem in my opinion!

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
220px-Lou_Lamoriello.jpg

Lou: I'm going to offer that young lad from the Soviet Red Army team, Leo Komarov, a 4 year, 12 million dollar contract next week in free agency. He's only 32 years old. Well worth it, obviously.

Trent Klatt: You already did that last offseason. Also, he never played for the Red Army. Internationally he plays for Finland.

Lou: Ahh, you don't say, Finland? They have nice blue uniforms. Just like the Islanders. Therefore, my instincts say to draft a Fin here... Vladislav Fyodorov.

Trent Klatt: Bro, what kind of logic is that? And Fyodorov is not from Finland. He's from Russia. Your brain seems barely functional. Ahh, whatever.

:isles

The Islanders select...

Vladislav Fyodorov
Forward from Cherepovets, Russia.

25587.jpg

@Rebels57 is up.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'll have my pick in shortly.

Canucks picks so far:

1 - 10 - Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTDP (USHL)
2 - 40 - Vladislav Kolyachonok, D, Flint (OHL)
3 - 71 - Martin Hugo Has, D, Tampere U20 (SM-Liiga Jr)
4 - 102 - Matias Maccelli, LW, Dubuque (USHL)
5 - 133 - Roman Basran, G, Kelowna (WHL)
6 - 156 - Danil Antropov, RW, Oshawa (OHL)
6 - 164 - Mason Primeau, C, North Bay (OHL)

Reactions: Chuck Downie

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Of course my pick comes up on Mothers Day and my moving weekend.

I did a quick check and don’t think this guy is picked yet, so

Mike Koster, D, Tri-City (USHL)

If he is picked can somebody please PM me

Reactions: Chuck Downie

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I was holding out for SnS to fix his pick, but I'm about to get on a plane for work and likely won't be available for 24 hours, so I'm going to make my pick and hope it isn't someone he was going to choose in his pick. Sorry @SnS and I hope you can get a new adjusted pick in.

----------------------------

Gary Bettman steps to the podium and leans in carefully before saying: Once again, Ottawa is on the clock. Will ONE representative for Otta-

Lemieux: Address me by my proper name and title Bettman.

Mario Lemieux gets to his feet from the Pittsburgh table, clutching at the area near the bloodstain on his abdomen.

Lemieux: You think you can just take me out with some weak-ass shit like you would the Night King? To hell with winter, Pittsburgh is coming for you, you tiny man, and then that orange muppet f***er and then I’m going to make my pick for the Ottawa Senguins.

Dollum: NO! I says I makes the picks. Looks, I make smarts pickses AND now I have glasseses. Look smartses like Dubas, but actually smartses. Not dumbses like Nerd Jeff. Dollum will pick.

From next to the Ottawa table, a voice not unlike Sylvester the Cat booms out.
Cardboard Murray: Thince no one here hath any decorum or thense, I thall continue the proud tradithion of drafhting for Ottawa. I will make the pick for the Thenatortsh.

Suddenly, Bettman is surrounded on three sides – bloody Mario to stage left, the drunken Dorion-Dollum beast to stage right and, inexplicably, cardboard Bryan Murray upstage of him. Bettman sizes up the situation, leans into the microphone, his eyes squint together and then he says in a tone filled with finality…
“Now”.
Bettman-crop-6.15.18-1024x752.jpg

Two men in SWAT gear drop from the arena ceiling on stage right, hit the deck, roll to the sides and fire a pair of tasers at Mario Lemieux, who twitches, falls to the ground and then somehow, despite hours spent in a bathroom, defecates and urinates his khakis.

As Dollum begins slapping at his knee, hooting with laughter at Lemieux’s fate, a metal cage drops from the ceiling. The frantic drunken man lunges at the bars, but is unable to move the contraption or slip out and escape.

Seeing his two colleagues felled, Cardboard Murray waits to see what might happen. Seconds tick by and only silence issues forth from the room. Feeling emboldended, Cardboard Murray says “Isth that all you’ve gottht?”

A low sRacial Slur comes from the back of Bettman’s throat, erupting from his snide smile into a malicious laughter. For a second time, Bettman leans into the microphone and speaks almost in a whisper…
“DRACARIS!”

A jet of flame shoots up from the stage. To the horror of everyone assembled, the Cardboard Bryan Murray catches fire and quickly dissolves into ashes.

Bettman: McPhee, as agreed, the debt for keeping Vegas out of the expansion draft is now considered met.

Knowing that Ottawa lacks anything that even remotely resembles competency, I will know make a pick on their behalf. I know this flies in the face of decorum and rules, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

And now, let gods and men stand up for the tiny. Though you mock us, we are the future. You leviathans and giants who used to rule the ice are dinosaurs of the past. It’s time for a new era – the age of the Bettman sized player.

So, with this pick, Ottawa selects with the 187th pick, from Tappara Tampere in SM-liiga, Kristian Tanus.

upload_2019-5-12_18-10-52.jpeg

Security, get this drunk and this unconscious oaf off the stage. Los Angeles (@GKJ), you’re up next. And let this be a lesson to all of you…

DO. NOT. f***. WITH. ME.

Bettman points to his eyes with two fingers, then points those same fingers across the whole room as he strides off, dropping the mic onto the head of the still twitching Mario.

Ottawa Picks
17th - Thomas Harley, LHD, Mississauga (OHL)
32nd - Nolan Foote, LW, Kelowna (WHL)
44th - Kaedan Korczak, RHD, Kelowna (WHL)
85th – Tuukka Tieksola, LW, Kärpät (Liiga)
94th - Nikita Okhotyuk, LHD, Ottawa 67's (OHL)
125th - Alexei Protas, C, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
187th – Kristian Tanus, C, Tappara Tampere (Liiga)

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
:devils
The Devils select Joisey Boy D Ryan Siedem of the Central Illinois Flying Aces with our final pick.

siedem,_ryan_2018-09-29.jpg

Debbies draft recap

1- C Jack Hughes/USNTDP
34- G Spencer Knight/USNTDP
55- F Robert Mastrosimone/Chicago Steel
60- D Antti Tuomisto/Ässät U20
70- D Drew Helleson/USNTDP

80- LW Brayden Tracey/Moose Jaw Warriors
96- D Jackson LaCombe/Shattuck St Mary's
127- D Kim Nousiainen/KalPa U20
158- D Justin Bergeron/Rouyn-Noranda Huskies

189- D Ryan Siedem/Central Illinois Flying Aces

@Chinatown88

Reactions: pit

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
hqdefault.jpg

Morgan Freeman: "Well James we've made it to the last round."

James Earl Jones: "That was pretty quick. Easy money don't ya think?"

Morgan: "I'll say," he said with a chuckle. "No idea how this second rate sports league makes money. That Keebler elf on stage must have sold out to a lot of companies."

James: "Well look at him now. He was apparently replaced by that young lady from GoT and she killed someone. But, I think it was a cardboard cutout."

Morgan: "That was pretty brutal."

James: "But look Morgan he's got logos from all sorts of companies over his blazer now."

Morgan: "Oh my goodness. What is that abomination. He looks like a shorter and less handsome version of Ricky Bobby."

James: "You thinking what I'm thinking Morgan?"

Morgan: "Take our money and skedaddle on out of here?"

James: "Brother I couldn't have said it better."

Stevie Y was sitting at the Red Wings draft table. He was scrolling through his Microsoft Surfacesince they were now one of the many sponsors of the NHL. Stevie Y grabbed one of the new Mont Blanc pens that every GM received.

Stevie Y: "Okay lads we're going with this Swedish defenseman."

The rest of the table just nodded in agreement.

Stevie Y pulled out his new Google Pixel 3 which was just given to every GM as well. Google was now a sponsor of the NHL It was a covert sponsorship to steal more information from people. But, the Keebler elf couldn't turn down the money. Stevie Y unlocked his phone admiring his TWICE wallpaper. He quickly texted Morgan Freeman the pick so that they could announce it.

A loud noise echoed throughout Rogers Arena.

"Sorry about that folks," Morgan and James said in unison.

"Anyways we're here in the 7th round of the 2019 NHL Draft," Morgan said in his narration voice.

"The Detroit Red Wings are on the clock," James chimed in. "And the great and magnificent Stevie Y has just texted us his selection. Morgan if you would be so kind."

"Why thank you James," Morgan replied. "The 11 time Stanley Cup Champions lead by the incomparable Steve Yzerman are proud to select from Linköping of the SuperElit, Defenseman Albert Lyckåsen."

Stevie Y and the Detroit Red Wings table stood up and applauded. The remaining crowd at Rogers Arena stood up and applauded as well.

"Get back here!" a loud voice suddenly shouted.

Stevie Y: "What the actual f-?"

A hunchback little monster dashed onto the dash floor. He was being chased by the Ottawa Senguins GM/Owner/Legendary NHL icon Mario Lemieux.

"What do we have here folks?" James said over the microphone.

"Looks like we got one animal chasing another," Morgan added.

"Give me back my new Mont Blanc pen!" Mario shouted as he ran after Dollum.

"IZ MINE!" Dollum shouted as he ran. "MY SHINY!"

Dollum jumped onto the Edmonton Oilers draft table.

"What the-" new Oilers GM Ken Holland stuttered.

"ALL MINE!" Dollum shouted as he stole Ken's shiny new Mont Blanc pen.

"Oh boy this isn't good," James commented.

"That little devil is going to take all of them," Morgan said. "This should be an entertaining watch."

"May I join you two fine gentleman?" a mysterious voice asked.

"Oh my goodness!" Morgan and James' voices echoed over the loudspeaker. "Sir David Attenborough! Please take grab a chair and take a seat."

Sir David sat down and pulled a microphone up to his face. "Well Morgan and James this is a fascinating case we have here. Look at these wild animals congregating into this one place just to select these prospects for their teams. Highly representative of nature."

Morgan and James nodded.

"Good thing we got paid handsomely gentlemen," Sir David said. "Now we can relax and enjoy the ongoing spectacle."

"Indeed," Morgan said.

James pulled out a Dalmore 12 and three glasses seemingly out of nowhere. "Well gentlemen, I think we need a drink to celebrate our great success here." James poured three nice glasses of Dalmore 12 and toasted.

"To this backwards ass sports league!" the gentlemen said in unison and took a nice sip.

Back on the draft floor Stevie Y was besides himself. He wanted to shout something but the draft floor around him turned into a zoo. Dollum was stealing all the new Mont Blanc pens. Mario was still chasing after him while making sure his hair was still in a slick doo. Eugene Melnyk was seen trying to pocket all the new Google Pixel 3s that were just handed out. Gary Bettman was still sitting on his stool with his Bose Headphones over his elf ears. Gritty was partying with the crowd.

Stevie Y let out a deep breath. "Oh well," he said. "This is what I signed up for."

duYqXj34.jpg

Detroit Red Wings Selections:
6) Trevor Zegras C/W - USNTDP (USHL)
35) Philip Tomasino C/W - Niagara Ice Dogs (OHL)
57) Leevi Aaltonen LW - Kalpa U20 (Jr. A SM-liiga)
58) Michal Teply LW - Bili Tygri Liberec (Czech Extraliga)
66) Billy Constantinou RD - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)
97) Layton Ahac LD - Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL)
128) Massimo Rizzo C/LW - Penticton Vees (BCHL)
143) Hugo Alnefelt G - HV71 J20 (SuperElit)
159) Xavier Parent LW - Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
190) Albert Lyckåsen RD - Linköping J20 (SuperElit)

C'est fini!

@landsbergfan is up!

Last edited:

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Detroit selects from Linköping D Albert Lyckåsen. Will edit this later.

@landsbergfan is up!
You got my guy! You will pay for this!

With the 191st pick, Buffalo selects a guy who can beat up Albert Lyckasen, the 6 foot 7 Cade Alami. Scouts say he could be the next Zdeno Pronger

Das it for me mane

Here is a recap:
7 - Alex Turcotte, C, USNTDP (USHL)
25 - Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim (DEL)
67 - Jordan Spence, D, Moncton (QMJHL)
119 - Samuel Hlavaj, G, Lincoln (USHL)
160 - Jayden Struble, D, St. Sebastian's (USHS)
177 - Wiljami Myllyla, F, HIFK U20 (SM-Liiga Jr. A)
180 - Brady Meyer, C, Green Bay (USHL)
191 - Cade Alami, D, Providence (NCAA)

@ajw12

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad