Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2018

Hexy4

Mar 12, 2007
Dallas is surprised to be able to select...

Pavel Shen

Center -- shoots L
Born Aug 14 1999
[18 yrs. ago]
Height 5.09 -- Weight 183 [175 cm/83 kg]

Also seeing some conflicting reports on size.

@Morinisbear your up

Reactions: Chuck Downie

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
St. Louis is going to look back at the younger years and take a shot at ORCA WIESBLATT with the 200th pick. Our main goal here is to use him as a weapon against those idiots in Vancouver and land Brock Boeser in a trade. I mean, his name is Orca.....gotta help, right?

27. Alexander Khovanov
45. K’Andre Miller
76. Philipp Kurashev
107. Ty Emberson
138. Lukas Wernblom
169. Duncan McGovern
200. Orca Wiesblatt

@johum7

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
This exercise has shown me how different peoples draft boards can be and how even with 7 rounds, you can have guys you like that still don't get picked.
I had a guy I liked here and ranked him higher but I went with the Orca instead. I'm interested to see if he goes undrafted because St. Louis will definitely bring him in on a tryout in the offseason. I feel like the 7th round you can take the risks and see what happens.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Dallas is surprised to be able to select...

Pavel Shen

Center -- shoots L
Born Aug 14 1999
[18 yrs. ago]
Height 5.09 -- Weight 183 [175 cm/83 kg]

Also seeing some conflicting reports on size.

@Morinisbear your up

I actually drafted Shen in last year's Mock Draft (I think in round 7) when I was drafting for the Islanders, so I still consider him my property ;)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
C'est avec grand plaisir que les Nordiques de Québec font leur sélection finale dans leur saison inaugurale dans la LNH. Avec le 202nd choix dans le...***struggle for the microphone...Frenchman is pushed off stage***

Ladies and gentleman, an evil Frenchman has been making the picks for the Colorado Avalanche over the last 200 picks. We don't know how this happened. The French have not been very successful in their attempts to take over or defend their territory in the past and it took us six and a half rounds but they have once again been defeated. In looking at their notes it appears that they attempted to select a Russian in this round which led to their ultimate undoing and I was able to escape the trunk of the poorly crafted automobile in which I was being held captive. It appears that the imposter GM has made some formidable selections so we will not object to the picks thus far, however we have confirmed with the league that Quebec City will never, under any circumstances, be given an NHL franchise ever again. We have learned in retribution for this that the Lindros parents have been taken into custody and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Eric if you are listening, they need your help.

With the 202nd pick, first by the Colorado Avalanche, the Avs select the littlest hockey player in the draft, Kristian Tanus, Center, Tappara-Jr., Finland-Jr.
kristian-tanus.jpg

It is with great regret that this draft has come to an end with the Avs only getting to be involved in one pick for the future of their franchise. I am sorry you all had to deal with that rude Frenchman. Luckily he did not do too much damage to the team or the league.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Final Results for the Avs

1-16 - Colorado - Bode Wilde, D, USNTDP (USHL)
2-47 - Colorado - Benoit-Olivier Groulx, C, Halifax (QMJHL)
2-62 - Colorado - Xavier Bouchard, D, Baie-Comeau (QMJHL)
3-78 - Colorado - Jake Pivonka, C, UNTDP (USHL)
4-109 - Colorado - Nathan Dunkley, C, London (OHL)
4-113 - Colorado - Keegan Karki, G, Muskegon (USHL)
5-140 - Colorado - Caleb Everett, D, Saginaw (OHL)
6-171 - Colorado - Adam Liska, LW, Kitchener (OHL)
7-202 - Colorado - Kristian Tanus, C, Tappara-Jr. (FIN-Jr.)

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
This exercise has shown me how different peoples draft boards can be and how even with 7 rounds, you can have guys you like that still don't get picked.

Have you taken into account the very real possibility – certainty, even – that some of us don't have a clue what we're doing?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Have you taken into account the very real possibility – certainty, even – that some of us don't have a clue what we're doing?
:laugh:

Excellent point! Certainly this draft has led me to look at way more prospects than I usually do. Usually I look into the 1st 2 or 3 rounds, then that's it. But it was fun to read up on more guys and look for some diamonds in the rough.

But honestly, when you see a guy like Myers, Ghost and Parayko go undrafted, it shows how flawed pro scouts are as well.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
:laugh:

Excellent point! Certainly this draft has led me to look at way more prospects than I usually do. Usually I look into the 1st 2 or 3 rounds, then that's it. But it was fun to read up on more guys and look for some diamonds in the rough.

But honestly, when you see a guy like Myers, Ghost and Parayko go undrafted, it shows how flawed pro scouts are as well.
I don't even think it is that. It is just not a perfect science. Ten different scouts will see a player ten different ways. And ten different fans will see that player ten different ways from that. It's like stock trading. You can gather all the information you can on a particular stock or stocks but you're ultimately just guessing.

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Are you sure 203 is new jerseys pick? Pretty sure this pick is phillys from the Straka trade. Looks like Jersey kept their seventh rounder last year so they forfeit their 7th this year to philly. Please confirm

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Are you sure 203 is new jerseys pick? Pretty sure this pick is phillys from the Straka trade. Looks like Jersey kept their seventh rounder last year so they forfeit their 7th this year to philly. Please confirm
According to www.draftsite.com, you are correct -- 203 is Philly's from the Straka trade.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller

We're going to go with NJ keeps the pick. I don't see the pick listed as Philly's on 2018 NHL Entry Draft - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps but still a question mark on 2018 NHL Entry Draft Pending Transactions. Straka really had no value at the time as he was just sitting as an AHL level player before he was traded.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
But according to Capfriendly, they don't.

No one has ever been able to determine what was the condition on actually getting the pick. Someone needs to email Hextall.

Indeed, it's confusing if the condition merely meant the Devils got to choose which year they wanted to keep the pick (2017 or 2018), or if he had to play X amount of NHL or AHL games with the organization for the pick to transfer.

Wait ------ just found this

Says the conditions were NOT met. Therefore, the Devils should have the 203rd pick.

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Ok thanks guys just wanted to make sure. So with the 203rd pick the Devils select Goaltender from the Waterloo Blackhawks of the USHL and University of MN commit Jared Moe!

Will send @Magua a message

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad