Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
13 is Nashville (Jojothewhale)

AhQsi6i.jpg

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
11. Buffalo (DrinkFightFlyers). This was very close to being one of (if not the) best mocks in our draft. The only big miss was Randy Hernandez.

LtbCm3v.jpg

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Into the top 10 now! Like Buffalo, the ones in this range tended to be really good with only one key miss separating them from the top drafts.

10 is Tampa Bay (Magua)

ETcnGgH.jpg

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Appreciate all of the effort put into this and look forward to the results (although mine may stink in some rounds).

Your 1st pick was a bit of a stinker as well mate. Why did you have Liljgren picked at 4 over Heiskanen and Makar when he was universally ranked below both?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Your 1st pick was a bit of a stinker as well mate. Why did you have Liljgren picked at 4 over Heiskanen and Makar when he was universally ranked below both?

He could still end up being the best D in the draft. Hard to tell how much the mono messed up his season.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Do we really need to do this? If people were going to go by consensus, why even have the draft? This was just for fun.

I took two guys I knew had less than a 1% chance of being drafted. Make fun of my picks if you need to do that to someone.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters

Because I was drafting with me as the GM and making my shock the world statement. I still think he will be the best D-man in this draft and I'm surprised this is the first time someone got on me. :) I know it was outlandish, but I still like the pick.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Do we really need to do this? If people were going to go by consensus, why even have the draft? This was just for fun.

I took two guys I knew had less than a 1% chance of being drafted. Make fun of my picks if you need to do that to someone.

Thanks for the backup. I can handle this guy though. Even with my "terrible" pick I havent seen my draft come up yet so I must have done ok by denominators standards.

Why he heff to be mad, eh?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

This.

Criticizing picks goes against the spirit of the Mock Draft.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
This.

Criticizing picks goes against the spirit of the Mock Draft.

Agreed. There are some guys that werent picked at all that a lot of us fell in love with for different reasons. Jojo had a good one in Kuznetsov. Someone else had Finn Evans. There were a few that didnt get drafted at all that I think it's crazy not to take a shot on them. Happens every year. We like who we like. Sometimes the GM's/scouts do not agree for whatever reason. Maybe it's why we are doing it for fun and it's their careers. I still love Sawchenko and he's been skipped in two drafts now. Either way, it's supposed to be fun and I love that we do it. Also really appreciate the time put in by Denominator and Chuck Downie. They did a great job!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Agreed. There are some guys that werent picked at all that a lot of us fell in love with for different reasons. Jojo had a good one in Kuznetsov. Someone else had Finn Evans. There were a few that didnt get drafted at all that I think it's crazy not to take a shot on them. Happens every year. We like who we like. Sometimes the GM's/scouts do not agree for whatever reason. Maybe it's why we are doing it for fun and it's their careers. I still love Sawchenko and he's been skipped in two drafts now. Either way, it's supposed to be fun and I love that we do it. Also really appreciate the time put in by Denominator and Chuck Downie. They did a great job!

Not because I picked him, but I am shocked Maxime Fortier wasn't drafted. He played really well this past season and had a lot of exposure thanks to playing with Nico Hischier. I wish we took a shot on him instead of a guy like Lyksell.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Not because I picked him, but I am shocked Maxime Fortier wasn't drafted. He played really well this past season and had a lot of exposure thanks to playing with Nico Hischier. I wish we took a shot on him instead of a guy like Lyksell.

Totally agree. I believe I took him in the 3rd of 4th round LAST year. Him and Sawchenko make me wonder what I see that they don't (and I'm sure I am the one missing something).

Magua isn't a big fan of Fortier either. I remember him saying that. I'm with you....definitely worth taking a shot on.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Because I was drafting with me as the GM and making my shock the world statement. I still think he will be the best D-man in this draft and I'm surprised this is the first time someone got on me. :) I know it was outlandish, but I still like the pick.

Ah i thought this was more exercise to try to get it right and see what players would be available at certain points rather than merely who the user liked.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Ah i thought this was more exercise to try to get it right and see what players would be available at certain points rather than merely who the user liked.

Wouldn't be as fun that way in my opinion. We would just sit there using the rankings we liked most. The obvious pick for CO at that point would have been Heiskanen, but I didn't see the fun in it. I truly like Lilj and I know I'm in the minority. Makar would probably have been my second choice ...

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Everyone below my picks should feel much shame. Then again, I was greatly helped by only having 4 picks and lucking out on Karow going way earlier than expected.

Many thanks for going to all this trouble, Denominator.

To be fair I was shamed by your picks due to your outstanding creativity for each announcement. I need work on that for next year's mock draft.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Beggars can't be choosers, and all that jazz.

When you get a moment denominator, could you finish posting your results? I want to see how rest turned out. Who came in #1?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Beggars can't be choosers, and all that jazz.

When you get a moment denominator, could you finish posting your results? I want to see how rest turned out. Who came in #1?

Yeah I am curious about the top 10 too!

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
11. Buffalo (DrinkFightFlyers). This was very close to being one of (if not the) best mocks in our draft. The only big miss was Randy Hernandez.

LtbCm3v.jpg

I like that Randy Hernandy pick! Has he gotten a tryout or camp invite anywhere or will he be entering the draft again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad