Confirmed with Link: Flyers Announce 8 signings: Andreoff, Gabriel, Prosser, among others

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
giphy.gif
Haha. Come on he will be fine filling in 4th line minutes or giving someone a night off.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
He is this year's Goulbourne basically.
Which isn't a big deal. I am not saying he is going to dominate or be a big part of the team. But as a 13th forward who may will play 20-25 games, I like it. If someone big goes down for an extended time, someone else should be called up or brought in, but if G tweaks a wrist and needs a night off, put him on the 4th line and bump everyone up.

MCoster

Jan 12, 2016
Per Capfriendly, AHL salary for the 8 guys we signed from most to least, which I would take as who Fletcher values the most/least too:

F Andy Andreoff - 750k (x2)
D Andy Welinski - 750k
D Nate Prosser - 450k (x2)
D Tyler Wootherspoon - 375k (x2)
G Jean Francois-Berbue - 350k
D Chris Bigras - 250k (x2)
F Kyle Criscuolo - 200k
F Kurtis Gabriel - 175k

And for reference, G Alex Lyon makes 750k, D T.J. Brennan makes 450k, and D Reece Willcox makes 125k. All the prospects basically just make 70k.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Per Capfriendly, AHL salary for the 8 guys we signed from most to least, which I would take as who Fletcher values the most/least too:

D Andy Welinski - 750k
F Kyle Criscuolo - 200k
F Kurtis Gabriel - 175k

And for reference, G Alex Lyon makes 750k, D T.J. Brennan makes 450k, and D Reece Willcox makes 125k. All the prospects basically just make 70k.

There's also Cal O"Reilly and Greg Carey on AHL deals, but we don't know how much they make.

Could be quite a bit, but they aren't call up options.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

D Andy Welinski - 750k
F Kyle Criscuolo - 200k
F Kurtis Gabriel - 175k

It seems like Fletcher is paying more for AHL talent than Hextall did.

This has two advantages, you can keep some guys who are marginal NHL players as "deep" depth in case of a rash of injuries, and it sends a signal to premium AHL players to have your agent contact Fletcher before signing elsewhere in the future.

Andreoff and Welinski could fit on a roster as a 13th forward/7th D-man right now, as could Prosser

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It seems like Fletcher is paying more for AHL talent than Hextall did.

This has two advantages, you can keep some guys who are marginal NHL players as "deep" depth in case of a rash of injuries, and it sends a signal to premium AHL players to have your agent contact Fletcher before signing elsewhere in the future.

Andreoff and Welinski could fit on a roster as a 13th forward/7th D-man right now, as could Prosser
Andreoff & Welinski are good veteran call-up options. Definitely shelled out to get them.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have to think some of these guys are pegged for the ECHL?

The Phantoms needed a few bodies, but they surely didnt need to sign 13 bodies.

Reactions: Foggy14 and Larry44

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Fletcher is guarding himself as well in case they decide Rubtsov, Frost, or Farabee need more time.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Fletcher is guarding himself as well in case they decide Rubtsov, Frost, or Farabee need more time.
He clearly evaluated the available UFA market against the team's top prospects, and decided there's too much of a chance at least one of the top prospects will be just as good an option. And he doesn't want to block a deserving kid.

I went apeshit when Hextall signed Weise for 4 years for exactly that reason -- it was blocking a roster spot with a mediocre vet. Glad Fletcher isn't doing that. I would've been ok with it if it were a 20 goal scorer, but those guys are going to want too much term. It's exciting knowing that there's a clear spot for whichever rookie wins it.

Reactions: flyersfan187

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He clearly evaluated the available UFA market against the team's top prospects, and decided there's too much of a chance at least one of the top prospects will be just as good an option. And he doesn't want to block a deserving kid.

I went ape**** when Hextall signed Weise for 4 years for exactly that reason -- it was blocking a roster spot with a mediocre vet. Glad Fletcher isn't doing that. I would've been ok with it if it were a 20 goal scorer, but those guys are going to want too much term. It's exciting knowing that there's a clear spot for whichever rookie wins it.

They didn’t have young prospects ready to go when they signed Weise, the issue was more with giving him a 4-year deal as opposed to the player. 2 years would’ve been fine if they did that.

But yes, as opposed to doing that, we had guys who are safety nets in case things happen at camp.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
They didn’t have young prospects ready to go when they signed Weise, the issue was more with giving him a 4-year deal as opposed to the player. 2 years would’ve been fine if they did that.

But yes, as opposed to doing that, we had guys who are safety nets in case things happen at camp.
Well, for one, I thought (wrongly) it was going to block TK if he proved he belonged. But, yes, I specifically mentioned in my post that is was blocking a spot with a mediocre vet for 4 years.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Carey is a nice choice for phantoms captain. Brining in this much borderline talent say usti may have some company down in the E.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->